Sequential Take 5 - Page 57 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sequential Take 5
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab ➡️
Wow that's really high praise then. Good to hear!
Other people tastes might differ...
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax ➡️
More or less I guess. The per key vs round-robin voice allocation might make a bit of a difference too on those types of sounds. But for all I know we're splitting hairs, I don't have a Take5 to compare. Here is a great post that goes into detail about the overall differences including polymod section: Take 5 versus Prophet-5/10: More observations
thanks Xanax ! If anyone with a Take 5 fancies having a crack at those type of sounds it would be wonderful to hear what's possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6d2vmd7oys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer ➡️
Take5 seems an ideal synth for Omnisphere hardware integration.
Indeed, it's got a comprehensive set of knobs that could be mapped to almost any VA synth plugin.

I wonder if spectrasonics is adding any more hardware integrations though. It's been a while.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djnro666 ➡️
At this point, I don't really care if the audio path is 100% analog or not. It's the best sounding synth I've ever had and it sounds 100% analog to me. That's what is important for me.
BUT BUT BUT If you dont "listen" to your synths watching an oscilloscope, your opinion is pointless /S

But on a serious note I absolutely agree. Going to order one this week
Lives for gear

Still no news regarding the MIDI implementation chart?
Gear Nut
Some raw sound examples (without fx) would be really appreciated here.

To me the presets with fx are kinda indistinguishable from VST stuff, I can't hear any of the P5 or P6 level comparisons when it has got a ton of wet stuff going on.

I'd happily sell my Juno 106 for this if I knew it could do the raw stuff well, I was close to buying a P5 for this reason but the money was a little too high.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntFeel ➡️
thanks Xanax ! If anyone with a Take 5 fancies having a crack at those type of sounds it would be wonderful to hear what's possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6d2vmd7oys
That’s exactly what I would like to know as well.
Old 18 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevizzles ➡️

To me the presets with fx are kinda indistinguishable from VST stuff, I can't hear any of the P5 or P6 level comparisons when it has got a ton of wet stuff going on.

I'd happily sell my Juno 106 for this if I knew it could do the raw stuff well, I was close to buying a P5 for this reason but the money was a little too high.
You've checked the INHALT demo, right? That one's pretty much without fx.

I can't tell if T5 does what you'd want as I always hated the Juno 106. I'm one of those geezers who think its among the most overrated synths ever. T5 is from another dimension compared to it
Old 13 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:

You will be missing the 6th voice though.
Old 11 hours ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

You'll be missing the 5-octaves and the Juno chorus. I wouldn't sell a working Juno at this stage. A proper analog poly with everything done right like the 106, with characterful sound - I wouldn't sell it for the T5's extra features. Features are irrelevant - 106 has a sound.
Old 9 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c ➡️
You've checked the INHALT demo, right? That one's pretty much without fx.

I can't tell if T5 does what you'd want as I always hated the Juno 106. I'm one of those geezers who think its among the most overrated synths ever. T5 is from another dimension compared to it
Something about the Inhalt demo seemed kinda off to me, like weird imaging or compression thing, didn't sound like how playing a hardware synth sounds like to me so I couldn't really gauge it.

I don't blame you for hating the Juno tbh, its signature sound bleeds across every preset you dial in on it, so if you don't like its foundation you'll never vibe with it
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrismSynthesis ➡️
You'll be missing the 5-octaves and the Juno chorus. I wouldn't sell a working Juno at this stage. A proper analog poly with everything done right like the 106, with characterful sound - I wouldn't sell it for the T5's extra features. Features are irrelevant - 106 has a sound.
tbh the juno chorus is unusable for me, I really love it for just jamming out but it can never make its way onto an actual song (that washy airy sound ends up being a really bad mix issue)

Yeh, I agree with you 100%, sound over features. I really don't care for things like extensive mod matrixes and 5 LFOs, if the synth sounds alive then it's all good.

It's hard to tell even with all the videos up if the T5 has "that sound" yet, something you got to feel in person I guess but those starsky carr and geo synth comparison videos are helpful.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I have a T5 and its a good budget synth, but it cant do all flavors, and neither should prophet 6 owners etc be overly envious.
Old 6 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnineo ➡️
I have a T5 and its a good budget synth, but it cant do all flavors, and neither should prophet 6 owners etc be overly envious.
The Prophet 6 is really, really nice. I think if the T5 could get that same vibe it would be a huge winner for DSI. Maybe it can, who knows. I just pull up basic chord and arp samples I made from my P6 and the depth of the sound is lovely.
Old 6 hours ago
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Someone should play "Take Five" ( by Paul Desmond) on the "Take 5"... I wonder why that's not been done yet
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sequential Take 5 Review

Hi guys, after making some Patches with the Sequential Take 5 and sharing the demo's I decided to do a Video Review & Demo. Here you go

Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikroom ➡️
Hi guys, after making some Patches with the Sequential Take 5 and sharing the demo's I decided to do a Video Review & Demo. Here you go

Very nice, it sounds less like a Prophet 5 than I thought it would though. Unfortunate, but it makes sense price-wise.
Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikroom ➡️

Excellent review/tutorial of the Take 5. I liked it a lot. Thank you very much!
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That panel flex looked a bit worrying and the whole chassis looks like it's flexing when Jamie plays it in that review. Some nice sounds in there but the top end does sound rather honky and harsh with the filter open. Probably not for me.
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Very nice, it sounds less like a Prophet 5 than I thought it would though. Unfortunate, but it makes sense price-wise.
That is the whole reason I bought it. I did not want it to sound like a Prophet 5 . If all it did was be a cheaper Prophet 5 I would not have bought it.
I am over the P5 and have been over it for years. Not to say its not a great synth it is. I am just sonically over it.
The T5 brought something to the table sonically I liked. As far as someones comments on the so called flex of the panel. Seriously its like he said in the review you’re not going to be leaning on it.. It’s fine . This very much reminds of the Pro 1 except this is way better made build quality wise.
Most people would say ya the Pro 1 was a plastic piece with wonky keys but we all loved what it could do as a mono synth.
I look at the T5 the same way except of course actually better quality. Yet its a price point synth. Get over it and accept your getting a lot of bang for the buck.

As far as the comment about the filter sounding honky and harsh , on the latter the filter is not the least bit harsh and honky I feel is all up to the programming. IMO
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Ionic ➡️
As far as the comment about the filter sounding honky and harsh , on the latter the filter is not the least bit harsh and honky I feel is all up to the programming. IMO
Not the filter itself but the whole tone. If you put it alongside a vintage poly it's quite different.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Ionic ➡️
That is the whole reason I bought it. I did not want it to sound like a Prophet 5 . If all it did was be a cheaper Prophet 5 I would not have bought it.
I am over the P5 and have been over it for years. Not to say its not a great synth it is. I am just sonically over it.
The T5 brought something to the table sonically I liked. As far as someones comments on the so called flex of the panel. Seriously its like he said in the review you’re not going to be leaning on it.. It’s fine . This very much reminds of the Pro 1 except this is way better made build quality wise.
Most people would say ya the Pro 1 was a plastic piece with wonky keys but we all loved what it could do as a mono synth.
I look at the T5 the same way except of course actually better quality. Yet its a price point synth. Get over it and accept your getting a lot of bang for the buck.

It sounds great. That flex would probably go away in a desktop module version...... hint hint hint Sequential

I, also, am not interested in a miniP5.
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Huh? Are we talking about flex now? The Pro 2 flexed diagonally. I couldn't believe it when I got it. Please don't tell me Prophet 5 flexes too.

I will stay clear of the T5 just as a precaution. Both Pro One and Pro 2 ended up on ebay for this very reason.

So £1099 doesn't buy a sturdy synth these days... hmmm neither does £1500. Not good.
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Nick vs Geo…. 3 rounds, who wins?
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Huh? Are we talking about flex now? The Pro 2 flexed diagonally. I couldn't believe it when I got it. Please don't tell me Prophet 5 flexes too.

I will stay clear of the T5 just as a precaution. Both Pro One and Pro 2 ended up on ebay for this very reason.

So £1099 doesn't buy a sturdy synth these days... hmmm neither does £1500. Not good.
I hope you are being facetious otherwise…..

Heh I love my Pro2 its not going anywhere and I got it new for pretty much a little bit less than the T5 on closeout right after it got disco’d.

As far as sturdy goes any synth with a stamped metal top cover is bound to have a bit a flex of if one specifically pushes down on it trying to make it flex. Seriously this is turning into some big time ludicrous nit picking
If you think that equates to not being sturdy you need to go back to school and study industrial design.
📝 Reply