Quantcast
Waldorf M Synthesizer - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf M Synthesizer
Old 14th August 2021
Gear Maniac

Waldorf M Synthesizer

I heard it from someone who has a demo prototype :

A new Waldorf Synthesizer is in the making.

I just know that it's a desktop /module synth (without keys), it's said to be a beast of a synth.

It's planned for fall (autumn)... But in this times of delays.. Who knows.

I'm looking forward already
Old 14th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
How about a Microwave I Reissue? I would buy that in a nanosecond!

edit: I really nailed it, didn't I!?

Last edited by Marzzz; 2 weeks ago at 07:16 AM..
Old 14th August 2021
Lives for gear
Blofeld II ?
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Blofeld is my favourite synth of all time. I'd love something else along those lines at that price point. Iridium level synths are currently out of my reach :(
Old 15th August 2021
Gear Addict
Very interesting, probably my favorite maker. No finger pads this time please.
Old 15th August 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzzz ➑️
This would be the ideal outcome.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzzz ➑️
doubt that will ever happen... unless behringer does it. waldorf doesn't seem interested in going backwards regardless of how revered a synth the MW1 is.
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I mean, listen to this friggin' thing!

Old 15th August 2021
Gear Addict

If it's "it's said to be a beast of a synth." probably ...whaever it is...should not be Cheap ??? or something to "replace" a Blofeld...
Old 15th August 2021
p-t
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Blofeld 2 with an analog filter?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-t ➑️
Blofeld 2 with an analog filter?
per voice? per part?
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It is obviously going to be something in the $699-899 price range. They may do an OS upgrade/refresh to Kyra at the same time--I read the interface design needs work. Go Waldorf! So glad we have a digi powerhouse still in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayyob ➑️
per voice? per part?
Per your mama.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayyob ➑️
doubt that will ever happen... unless behringer does it. waldorf doesn't seem interested in going backwards regardless of how revered a synth the MW1 is.
When Waldorf was resurrected in the 00s some of their first products were the Phoenix Editions of Q+ and the Micro Q.
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
New patches for the Microwave

Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Smart money is on a budget level iteration of the tech underlying the Quantum and Iridium. IMO, that would be the next logical move given the investment they've made in continual improvement of the software end of things (new engines, functionality). Something hybrid and paraphonic would give the Micromonsta II and the Microfreak a run for their money.

Just don't call it the 'Jenkum', ok?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot ➑️
Smart money is on a budget level iteration of the tech underlying the Quantum and Iridium. IMO, that would be the next logical move given the investment they've made in continual improvement of the software end of things (new engines, functionality). Something hybrid and paraphonic would give the Micromonsta II and the Microfreak a run for their money.

Just don't call it the 'Jenkum', ok?
Ur half-way correct as I see it.
I think they will keep the blofeld until that inventory runs out, while shifting Iridium tech to a blofeld-like form with better Iridium-like screen, etc.
It will be glorious, and everyone not wanting to pay $2,500 will certainly jump onboard for a taste.
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yeah my honest guess is Iridium or Kyra in the compact Blofeld knob-matrix style. Probably with an OLED screen.
Old 15th August 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
i know what it wont be

I keep hoping for a poly based on the pulse 2....its seems a no brainer to me.....as it would sound great, likely sell well and i would have thought development costs wouldn't even be that steep.

Even contacted Waldorf about it a while ago . they kindly replied that they did have a project at one pont to poly chain pulse2's but as for a full polysynth.....answer pretty much "Nein". :( :(
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Whatever it is it will have bugs right out of the gate that will likely last for a decade before they get almost all of them straightened out leaving just one to perpetually annoy people.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomel ➑️
Blofeld II ?
Twofeld?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage ➑️
Whatever it is it will have bugs right out of the gate that will likely last for a decade before they get almost all of them straightened out leaving just one to perpetually annoy people.
You're not familiar with Quantum development obviously.

If its based on Quantum it will have the best dev support in current synth world.
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Just hope the whatever the new one is, it continues their great support for Midi CC, modulation, and control. Waldorf is pretty much the last major synth company that I can count on for deep design elements.
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow. It takes so little effort to evoke responses about nothing.
Easy
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arglebargle ➑️
Just hope the whatever the new one is, it continues their great support for Midi CC, modulation, and control. Waldorf is pretty much the last major synth company that I can count on for deep design elements.
I wouldn't go that far (there are others) but yeah Waldorf synths have always taken it to the limit. Waldorf create new limits, and I certainly hope this rumor is true. I am slightly weirded out by the build issues of the iridium I read about here, but they seem very isolated right? I have spent similar amounts on a synth before, but I wouldn't mind something with all the synth engines at half the price somehow. Or maybe just lower the price on the iridium by 30% once uve cleared all the suckers.. i mean early adopters.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec ➑️
If its based on Quantum it will have the best dev support in current synth world.
Yep.

The other clincher is they seem to be following the Q model on the hardware side -- release the mouth-watering amazing full-keyboard flagship FIRST and then release the more affordable iterations later.

Q, Q-rack, and then Micro-Q.

With Blofeld they released the budget iteration first and some (like myself) put off buying one because the bigger Stromberg was 'imminently coming', right? We eventually got the sorta-Stromberg Sledge but that's not really the same thing.

Instead, I jumped to the Microwave XT camp and didn't look back until the Quantum. Microwave development was all over the place -- Hybrid rack, then full premium keyboard flaghship (Wave), all-digital rack (MW2), knobby rack (XT), then full keyboard (XTk) and then dead-ended when they could no longer support/use the software development system, so no more spinoff products from that family.

Quantum development gets it right from both ends -- hardware that gets your attention and keeps it for many budget levels and software (both firmware and patches) that has active end user involved development and bug testing.

Best of both worlds, and it keeps on getting better.
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
From everything I read, I thought that the Iridium was the spiritual successor to the Blofeld. If they decide to make a more budget friendly Blofeld II, that would be worth a closer look.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
That's part of the problem, though - there's a happy medium between musical and complex that many manufacturers seem to miss.
Old 15th August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It'd better be bloody rack compatible this time.

Kyra: Valkyrie was supposedly rackable, Kyra 1st prototypes had a VESA mount.. final version nothing
Iridium: has the VESA mount and there's a supposed promised rack kit.. which I've still not seen in the wild
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I thought that way about Waldorf too.
When their last two synths didn't have release velocity as a mod source,
I contacted them, and the response about including it was pretty negative.
A big disappointment for me.

I don't know if some people died off, or left the company, but the only stuff that's appealing to me now is their older stuff.
I hope if they come out with something new, they get back with the program. so that it might be a potential purchase for me.

Arglebargle - if you haven't done so yet, you should check out Kurzweil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahush76 ➑️
Wow. It takes so little effort to evoke responses about nothing.
Easy
The expression of wishful fantasies.
It takes even less than an imaginary prototype to bring them out around namm time.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sds1fs1r ➑️
Per your mama.
was asking seriously.. how you envision it. i guess you see my old mom in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaid_emu ➑️
When Waldorf was resurrected in the 00s some of their first products were the Phoenix Editions of Q+ and the Micro Q.
and you think that's some how relevant to their current status.. today? they're firmly in the synth market now and have been for years. I'm not saying a MW1 reissue of some kind wouldn't be cool.. i just don't see them doing it.

anyway.. the OP in this thread is the lamest bait/fart in the wind style teaser but here we are.
πŸ“ Reply