Waldorf M Synthesizer - Page 54 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf M Synthesizer
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaa ➡️
Anybody have any more videos they can post, preferably without effects or other synths? It’s going to be a long wait until January or February.
What exactly do you want to see/hear?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig ➡️
Is there a rough estimate at this point when the 8 voice expansion will be available?
We going to establish a production plan for them at the end of October. Technically they are ready to produce. Practically production planning during the current components delivery crisis is a complex thing. Hard to answer. I will be happy if we can start to deliver a new batch of Ms, and some amount of voice expansions at begin of December. But please understand - not everything is upon us. We and other small and middle-size companies are competing on the market for the components with the big companies, which have more priority to the component suppliers. Literally, we are fighting for resources to produce more synthesizers instead of more iPhones
The brave new world...
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific202 ➡️
I would love to see a video with a walkthrough of wavetables. Some manual scrolling through the waves. And maybe with some basic filtering with a envelope.

And maybe show the difference between classic and modern mode on a harmonic rich wavetable with some filtering.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific202 ➡️
Anything. Even just more of the presets, if you can be bothered.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Built-in FX only if they can be completely bypassed to keep the analog path pure. And very low down my priorities too, I already have too many good external FX than I know what to do with.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I rather have more voices than a FX board. I had my Waldorf microWave and the mighty WAVE without FX and did not miss them. And I rather use advanced special FXs like a vintage reverb like the big Lexicon Model 200 from 1984 or a phaser like the Small Stones or a Schulte Compact A (or clone).
I can substitute a built in FX by an external one (of cause without including it in the internal synth modulations). But I can't substitute a Waldorf M voice external.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
It is pretty logical to want more voices rather than more FX IMO.

A great synth will sound great with zero FX on it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
No FX needed. More voices over that. And slower LFOs
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladiS ➡️
1. Please check the MIDI Channel of your sender. There is NO option to deactivate MIDI Jacks on M but the MIDI channel should of course match to the sender in single-mode (or match the PART midi channel on multi-mode)

2. Check MIDI Through capability. It should work without relation to software settings. If you have the signals passed through M to another synth - electrically MIDI IN and MIDI Through works.

3. Check the option in the Settings on Page 2 MIDI 1"Control Send" and select DIN or DIN+USB. Save the setting. Use the MIDI cable to connect the MIDI OUT and MIDI IN on the M. Tweak cutoff knob - you should see MIDI LED Light on.

Good luck!
Greetings
Vladimir
Thanks for replying. I've ensured I've been sending on the correct channel and tried multiple channel configurations. Just tested MIDI Thru and no signal is being received from the thru port at my MIDI interface. I've just tried setting up control send as DIN and tweaked the cutoff but still no MIDI LED activity.

I've since had a reply to my support ticket and looks like this must be a hardware issue so I've requested to return it to the dealer today... third time lucky I guess : (
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ammer ➡️
Thanks for replying. I've ensured I've been sending on the correct channel and tried multiple channel configurations. Just tested MIDI Thru and no signal is being received from the thru port at my MIDI interface. I've just tried setting up control send as DIN and tweaked the cutoff but still no MIDI LED activity.

I've since had a reply to my support ticket and looks like this must be a hardware issue so I've requested to return it to the dealer today... third time lucky I guess : (
Ugh, that’s a nightmare. Not a ringing endorsement for Waldorf QC.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ammer ➡️

That is bad, that means that you have definitely a certain hardware problem with your M. On behalf of the company, I should bring my apologies to you. It is very strange how it passed the QC control, as it is automated and you just can't have the serial number inside your M installed if MIDI In/Out tests won't pass. Just for the info, for me personally, can you take a look at the Options, is there is normal serial number shown or it is just 00000000000? If it is eleven zeroes, that means that this M was not passed through automated integrity control, but went out from assembly, and this is, of course, very bad.

My apologies to you.

Greetings from Remagen
Vladimir
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
That is bad, that means that you have definitely a certain hardware problem with your M. On behalf of the company, I should bring my apologies to you. It is very strange how it passed the QC control, as it is automated and you just can't have the serial number inside your M installed if MIDI In/Out tests won't pass. Just for the info, for me personally, can you take a look at the Options, is there is normal serial number shown or it is just 00000000000? If it is eleven zeroes, that means that this M was not passed through automated integrity control, but went out from assembly, and this is, of course, very bad.

My apologies to you.

Greetings from Remagen
Vladimir
My unit is just showing 11 zeros! I don't have any issues with it (that I know of, yet). Is this very bad? Thanks
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
fx that can be modulated are always welcome..if these sound great with the synth and give him even more caractere that would be great
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:

My apologies to you.

Greetings from Remagen
Vladimir
Don't know if this applies in this case as I have not opened up my M, but I once received a Korg MS2000R that when shipped, the internal ribbon cable came loose and it would make no sound plugging it back in resolved that issue. So the question is are there any internal connections that may have worked loose in shipping? Just a thought.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
We going to establish a production plan for them at the end of October. Technically they are ready to produce. Practically production planning during the current components delivery crisis is a complex thing. Hard to answer. I will be happy if we can start to deliver a new batch of Ms, and some amount of voice expansions at begin of December. But please understand - not everything is upon us. We and other small and middle-size companies are competing on the market for the components with the big companies, which have more priority to the component suppliers. Literally, we are fighting for resources to produce more synthesizers instead of more iPhones
The brave new world...
Thanks for the update... glad to hear the goal is soon and yes, with the current situation, nothing is certain.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Abstract ➡️
fx that can be modulated are always welcome..if these sound great with the synth and give him even more caractere that would be great
I am happy to have FX... even if I end up using external FX, it is useful to have internal ones for sound design ideas... and yes, with modulation, then they add something useful!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by optunist ➡️
My unit is just showing 11 zeros! I don't have any issues with it (that I know of, yet). Is this very bad? Thanks
That means that this particular unit was somehow excluded from the final integrity test, but honestly, I do not understand how. I am very sorry for this issue.

ADDON: Please, if possible, any other user, check the correctness of the serial numbers inside the M! It is on the settings, top and it should not be 11 zeroes! If there is a lot of such Ms this means that we have some problem with the test software! Please check your Ms, this is very important to us.

Also very important - this situation does not mean that those M are subjects of return if they are fully functional! It either could be a bug in test software or QC made mistake. Exactly this I want to check.

Thank you in advance, and please excuse us if any inconveniences occurred.
Here for the gear

@ VladiS

I hope it‘s ok to post two noise related feature requests:

1. It would be abolutely great if Noise could be selected as a mod source. Either a separate white noise or the pink one that is sent to the mixer. This would be especially usefull to modulate Filter- and OSC-FM.

2. Would it be possible to add some parameters to the pink noise? Especially a Highpass filter would be useful or a DJ-Style tilt filter. With that I don‘t mean a synthy filter with resonance etc. Just a simple tool to prevent some frequencies to pass through.

Thanks
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
That means that this particular unit was somehow excluded from the final integrity test, but honestly, I do not understand how. I am very sorry for this issue.

ADDON: Please, if possible, any other user, check the correctness of the serial numbers inside the M! It is on the settings, top and it should not be 11 zeroes! If there is a lot of such Ms this means that we have some problem with the test software! Please check your Ms, this is very important to us.

Also very important - this situation does not mean that those M are subjects of return if they are fully functional! It either could be a bug in test software or QC made mistake. Exactly this I want to check.

Thank you in advance, and please excuse us if any inconveniences occurred.
My M has a Valid looking serial no, on the system Page, it starts with 2129 for reference.
Here for the gear

Mine also has the correct serial number in the M System menu.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Mine also has a serial #
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Mine is valid too
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
…
…
Correct serial number shown in the display.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Correct serial number here.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Correct serial here (UK).
Quote:
Serial Number shows up correctly on ours
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
My serial number shows up. GREAT sounding synth, by the way, thanks VladiS!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Mine is correct.
Here for the gear

My serial number looks good.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by optunist ➡️
Correct serial number here.
📝 Reply