Quantcast
Waldorf M Synthesizer - Page 33 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf M Synthesizer
Old 1 hour ago
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Here are some of the patches I came up with since yesterday. The first file is without any effects and the second file is the same patches souped up a bit with Dimension D Chorus and 224 reverb from my UAD.

The first sound is a patch that was originally made by my friend Peter Gorges for the Waldorf Wave. It is based on "Clipper" and I use to dial that in with every Waldorf incarnation of that wavetable.

@ Vladimir :
One big factor with sounds like that is a Unisono function of some sort. The PPG had it's Key-Mode (Poly, Dual, Quad, Mono) with semitone and detune. Any chance of implementing something like that?

Of course, that makes more sense with the voice-expansion. If the M eventually get's something like unison, I'll buy the expansion in a heartbeat.
Attached Files

Waldorf_M.wav (13.54 MB, 84 views)

Waldorf_M_FX.wav (13.54 MB, 73 views)

Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrincha ➡️
One big factor with sounds like that is a Unisono function of some sort.
On Microwave and even on the Wave one would use multimode to get multiple voices triggered for one key. Detune you can set at the multi level.
Old 44 minutes ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissdoc ➡️
On Microwave and even on the Wave one would use multimode to get multiple voices triggered for one key. Detune you can set at the multi level.
Yep on the MW 1. I was thinking of the Microwave II/XT which had Unisono. Having that available in single mode is just a matter of convenience.
Old 6 minutes ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I think somebody deleted the post I was going to quote, from back at around page 20. The post was comparing Waldorf build quality favorably to Sequential’s. The person mentioned Waldorf’s “metallic” knobs. I had never had a look at an Irridium or Kyra up close, but from looking at the pictures, I didn’t think they were metal. Are they?
📝 Reply