Quantcast
Moog Mothership II - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moog Mothership II
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Moog Mothership II

There's something very cool about an all in one brand system like this, add a DAW and samples, plug ins etc and you would have an insane system. $21,436.00 AUD

The Moog Mothership 2 is a monster system featuring a slew of Moog's Ever Expanding Mother series of synths. "The Mothership" is featured in a video below where Sonic Sourceress Lisa Bella Donna brings even more analog power, magic, and prowess to this new composition using the complete Moog semi-modular family.

Products within the set-up:

Matriarch (Dark Series)
Grandmother (Dark Series)
8x Mother-32
2x DFAM
2x Subharmonicon

Specifications
Brand Moog
Gross Shipping Weight - Volumetric (kgs) 30.000000
Analog/Digital Analog
Oscillators 30
Filter 14 x 24db Per Octave Ladder Filters | 12 x High Pass Filter With Resonance
LFO 15
Envelope Generator 15
Arpeggiator Yes
Sequencer Yes
Number Of Keys 32, 49
Key Type Synth Action
MIDI I/O In, Out, USB
Polyphony 17 Voices
Outputs 15 x 1/4" Outputs

that's a lotta synth power..!!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is this an actual "product"? Or is it just a pile of Moog semi modulars that were acquired separately, put together, patched together and given a name? Or is the name just that of the track LBD created on the _____* of Moogs shown?

"Polyphony 17 voices", but no way to allocate those voices to notes played on the keyboards. Of course, the "voices" are off vastly different synths so they wouldn't lend themselves to being allocated this way, but I bet "unison mode" is killer!

*Insert whatever plural noun we're supposed to use for a *bleep*load of synths discussed in another thread...
Old 1 week ago
Those two synths in front look very familiar. 🎹😁
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz ➡️
Is this an actual "product"? Or is it just a pile of Moog semi modulars that were acquired separately, put together, patched together and given a name? ...
looks like just a manufactured opportunity for Moog to show how "woke" they are. again.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
For about $7500 on the used market, that's a boatload of synth power!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz ➡️
Is this an actual "product"? Or is it just a pile of Moog semi modulars that were acquired separately, put together, patched together and given a name? Or is the name just that of the track LBD created on the _____* of Moogs shown?

"Polyphony 17 voices", but no way to allocate those voices to notes played on the keyboards. Of course, the "voices" are off vastly different synths so they wouldn't lend themselves to being allocated this way, but I bet "unison mode" is killer!

*Insert whatever plural noun we're supposed to use for a *bleep*load of synths discussed in another thread...
I believe that's what the video author is calling it. No, not a product, but rather a combination of components.

You can buy them separately or as a unit. The Subharmonicon, Mother 32. and the DFAM (Drummer from another mother)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
That's a pretty obscene amount of synths. Four Mother 32's? At a certain point, it feels like they are just adding stuff for the sake of stuff.

Also, you don't get a One for your 20 grand.

Edit: Apparently it's eight M32's. EIGHT!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I'm going to wait for the Brothership and get the whole set up from Uli for like three payments of 29.99$
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsy ➡️
That's a pretty obscene amount of synths. Four Mother 32's? At a certain point, it feels like they are just adding stuff for the sake of stuff.

Also, you don't get a One for your 20 grand.

Edit: Apparently it's eight M32's. EIGHT!
Eights a lot, but it only has one VCO, one AR. I have two m32's, a SubH and DFAM.

Her music convinced me to to buy these synths. Good marketing.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman Young ➡️
I'm going to wait for the Brothership and get the whole set up from Uli for like three payments of 29.99$
It will be much less expensive, and there will be material differences, but most folks are happy with their Behringer purchases. I am - although I replaced all the parts I had immediate misgivings about, huge improvement in usability though. Totally worth it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsy ➡️

it feels like they are just adding stuff for the sake of stuff.

Apparently it's eight M32's. EIGHT!
It looks cool when you make videos in front of succulents.

Seriously though... Why would you buy 8 of anything?
Just multi-track it.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WozNYC ➡️

Just multi-track it.
For playing live, polyphonically or sequencing perhaps. Why have walls of modular with umpteen instances of the same modules for that matter?

I don't know if LBD actually bought all that gear or if she just has it on loan from Moog, or she's recording in one of Moog's studios in Asheville.

It could all be part of an advertising campaign too. I'm sure LBD's performances have sold more than a few Moog synths/gear.

P.S. 8 Werkstatt-01s is cheaper than a Matriarch.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Lisa gets a call from Moog so she fires up her many Moog synths and spends days tweaking things then films the result that sounds great.

Afterwards off camera she fires up her polyend tracker and has far more fun until the next call from Moog.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The last thing I would buy with my AUD.

Had Mothers, DFAM etc... Don't miss em and actually can't believe I spent so much time playing rubber buttons.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Go on.

You know you want to.

http://https://www.turramusic.com.au/moog-mothership-ii
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle ➡️
The last thing I would buy with my AUD.

Had Mothers, DFAM etc... Don't miss em and actually can't believe I spent so much time playing rubber buttons.
So what is better than mothers and dfams?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogberto ➡️
Yep and if my Powerball numbers come up I'll be buying two motherships cause hell why not. I see a system like that, all I can think of is how much endless fun jamming on it would be.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludar ➡️
So what is better than mothers and dfams?
Well for specifically what they do? Nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time with them and I definitely learned a lot about working with modular synths from them.

I'd just spend my $20k on different things. That particular ecosystem drove me crazy having to remember certain button combinations, resetting the sequencers and sending midi messages to change how some things worked.

Ergonomically the tier system causes a problem too. It gets very fiddly pushing those buttons on the second level.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac
This or 80 Boog Model Ds in server racks (6x42U)?

Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Sick bass at 8:10 coming from the....get this...from Mother-32.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc ➡️
looks like just a manufactured opportunity for Moog to show how "woke" they are. again.
It hasn't crippled them, for now.

If Moog goes south, then my synth prices will go up!

Always look at the bright side of things!
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by WozNYC ➡️

Just multi-track it.
It’s an ad for Moog. No one’s really going to do that, though I did have a trio of Mother 32s at one point. Sounded great, but without a bunch of utility modules it was sort of difficult to really use and I wasn’t digging the patch cable thing anyway so I gave up. It’s not really for me.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
We don't always have to be recording sht, lately I'm happy just jamming for hrs and then turning everything off with a big smile on my face.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Insane setup. An even more insane version of it here;

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogberto ➡️
Jesus Christ it’s an actual product
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekwipt ➡️
Jesus Christ it’s an actual product
That's a sham, I believe. If you look in the Moog Music site, it doesn't exist nor will you find it in Sweetwater.

The only possible way that it cost's over $20k is if the large Moog modular systems are included in the instrument package.

You can however, buy all the separate components both at Moog Music and at Sweetwater.

Those large Moog modular systems have historically fetched very high dollar prices.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz ➡️
There's something very cool about an all in one brand system like this, add a DAW and samples, plug ins etc and you would have an insane system. $21,436.00 AUD

The Moog Mothership 2 is a monster system featuring a slew of Moog's Ever Expanding Mother series of synths. "The Mothership" is featured in a video below where Sonic Sourceress Lisa Bella Donna brings even more analog power, magic, and prowess to this new composition using the complete Moog semi-modular family.
It's cool to look at, but it makes no sense as a system to me. The repetition of the same units with that UI doesn't inspire me. Practically, it's more like a demo setup for their brand. It might sound fine in the hands of a skilled artist like Lisa, but it's not necessarily convenient or "fun" IMO.

I have to admit that I'm not a fan of their desktop modules though.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
I believe that's what the video author is calling it. No, not a product, but rather a combination of components.

You can buy them separately or as a unit. The Subharmonicon, Mother 32. and the DFAM (Drummer from another mother)
I tend to refer to my M32, DFAM and Subharmonicon alternately as the "Triple Threat" or sometimes as the "Trifecta". I've now added a Minitaur with a set of homemade Fatar/Doepfer floor pedals and I have no idea what to call the whole thing now. (First World Problems)

Even just two of the three Mother Ecosystem synths (which is what Moog used to call them) are an immensely powerful system though sometimes I do struggle a bit trying to figure out where to add just enough Subharmonicon action to round out a track. Kind of like adding sumac or coriander to a dish -- a little makes it interesting and exotic but you don't know you've gone overboard until it's too late to pull it back.

*Mother-32 remains a fantastic value for the money (especially with last years firmware update).

*DFAM is a brilliant example of how to do more with less and really forced me to learn how to properly synthesize drum sounds (instead of being lazy using samples of them)

*Subharmonicon in the right hands and context is a masterpiece but I sometimes I think I might be better off buying one of the Mother form factor skiffs and filling it with modules that better support the other two synths.

Last edited by Rob Ocelot; 6 days ago at 11:56 PM..
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
That’s a crazy system, but it’s almost entirely low pass filters. While the grandmother/matriarch have HPFs and the m32s have that HPF hack mode, I would never design a system with such a lack of filter diversity (even if I had the money). Not a single BPF behind any of that spaghetti. It’s a real shame Moog doesn’t include bandpass filters in their designs.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
lol it's funny here, you can show people a beautiful powerful Moog synth system and there is all kinds of negative vibes popping up. I would love to own this entire system, in fact I'd gladly trade it for my current gear list. Whatever makes you happy yeah, for instance I'd set each of the M32's up to play one particular type of sound and bring that sound in and out with a mixer fader. Lack of varying filters isn't an issue you can always add something via effects loops/pedals etc.. I imagine just having a system like this would make you set it up very personal and in an intimate way for your own ergonomic ways. A nice bank of pedals and effects off to the side all preset they way you like would make for a beautiful music making experience, least it would for me. From day one I've dreamed of owning a synth system like this, looking like a control panel on a spaceship.
📝 Reply