Quantcast
Dreadbox Nymphes - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dreadbox Nymphes
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear
Dreadbox Nymphes

On their Instagram they had a vote for what color it will be. They are hinting NY in the name. What do you guys think? Up for a Dreadbox poly anyone?
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sounds good ! I've been hoping and expecting for a poly from these guys for years.
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Oh, interesting. Looks like dark blue has won over black. Maybe I should hold back from buying a Polybrute or Rev 2 now. If it's a keyboard, it has my highest interest.
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yes, I've always wanted to see a keyboard synth from them. The price for that might be higher though, with their still mainly thru-hole and locally assembled production, but may very well be worth it.

Last edited by wendell r.; 30th June 2021 at 02:05 PM..
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I thought they switched everything over to SMD?
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I think they said they're only using SMD for control surfaces - according to a video of theirs a while back, the sound engine inside is still thru-hole.
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

Will be watching with great interest as this develops.
My Dreadbox Abyss's are lonely!
Old 30th June 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Interesting. I’ll definitely keep an eye out. I’m pretty set, but it’s always fun to see what’s on the horizon.
Old 30th June 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
should be a nice juicy heavy sound, will they go module or kbd i wonder
Old 30th June 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➡️
should be a nice juicy heavy sound, will they go module or kbd i wonder
I personally would like a module, and if it is priced ok and does not take up to much space on my desk, I'd be really happy as I love the sound of their oscillators and filters.

The Typhon seems to be a hit, so I'd expect that they go a similar route here, with the concept of modulators and the digital effects.
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Nice news! Let's see how it evolves, let's remember that the Medusa turned into a completely different product from the early renderings.
It will be interesting to see if they keep an "old school" approach like their more traditional designs (Erebus and Nyx), or if they continue on the modern path of the Typhon with patch memory and a bigger digital part.
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
No keyboard for me. I wish they’d concentrate on analog features and less so on the digital ones. A more fully featured Abyss (2osc, more modulation possibilities) without the effects would be my wish- presets are fine either way.
Old 30th June 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugerhard ➡️
I personally would like a module, and if it is priced ok and does not take up to much space on my desk, I'd be really happy as I love the sound of their oscillators and filters.

The Typhon seems to be a hit, so I'd expect that they go a similar route here, with the concept of modulators and the digital effects.
I asked them if it would be more 6 voice Typhon poly or Abyss and they said Abyss. Don't know if that means no screen or what, but would assume its more traditional Dreadbox but without the Semi-modular like the Abyss.
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

The Dreadbox Abyss is not as semi-modular as the Nyx/Erebus but still has 4 CV inputs
for Filter/Delay/Phase/Reflect.
I only use the Filter CV which allows for Aftertouch of the filter, as I run both Abyss in mono 4 VCO mode.

The Abyss as a 4 VCO Mono is the secret sauce for me!

A 2 VCO/6 voice Abyss/Murmux VCO/filter would be wonderful!
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
A module always looked more likely from them, so it looks those of us who always wanted a keyboard from them might have to wait a very long time. A six-voice with some relationship to the Abyss sounds very interesting.

Last edited by wendell r.; 30th June 2021 at 09:13 PM..
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

A poly typhon with more hands on control and a keybed would be a hit I think!
Old 30th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
MFB have always done modules, before the Dominion 1, and what a masterpiece this turned out to be. Similar to MFB, I think Dreadbox could have 1 keyboard synth too, and why not this indeed. Ideal would be both, a module and a keyboard version. No matter what it will be, I'm really anticipating more updates on this.
Old 1st July 2021
Lives for gear

Just saw that on reddit, posted by somebody called To_The_Cloud94. If you are here, thanks!

Old 1st July 2021
Lives for gear

Dreadbox is going to be at Knobcon. Hopefully they will bring whatever it is.
Old 1st July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hydro ➡️
I asked them if it would be more 6 voice Typhon poly or Abyss and they said Abyss. Don't know if that means no screen or what, but would assume its more traditional Dreadbox but without the Semi-modular like the Abyss.
Exactly what I want to hear, though I would welcome it being semi modular.
Old 1st July 2021
Deleted 5f91d21
I've missed the Dreadbox Abyss and i can't miss this one.
Old 3rd July 2021
Lives for gear

Old 4th July 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
They’ve often done multiple colour editions so I guess it might end up being both blue and black.

I think typhon has been successful so hopefully they continue with sinevibe digital fx too
I predict something Erebus size , £599
Or Medusa size without the grid.
Old 4th July 2021
Lives for gear

Oh my.

I remember a while ago asking cheekily if they were ever going to release a multi-osc poly. Their response was essentially positive, but especially given Covid and such, I’ve simply sat on that hope ever since.

Anyway. Overjoyed that it’s happening!
Old 4th July 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How is it going to be $600-$800? They already said it was going to be more like the Abyss which was 1 osc 4 voice for like $1100 or $1200 if I remember correctly. I assume this is going to be 2 osc 6 voice and be closer to $1,500-$2,000ish even for a module.
Old 4th July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 5f91d21 ➡️
I've missed the Dreadbox Abyss and i can't miss this one.
Are this and the Nyx2 discontinued?
Deleted 5f91d21
Quote:
Originally Posted by statikcat ➡️
Are this and the Nyx2 discontinued?
No idea sorry.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 5f91d21 ➡️
No idea sorry.
The Nyx V2 is not on the discontinued list according to Dreadbox site. The Erebus V3 have been on sale on several stores, at least here in Finland, and they are now sold out.

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/synthesizers/
Old 4th July 2021
Lives for gear

I was always apprehensive of buying either the Nyx or Erebus
with the warnings of "do not connect outputs to outputs" or something similar.

(on an MS-20Kit, you can connect outputs to outputs, for example the Pink Noise to Triangle Out,
which is upstream from the filters, so also an input) (pretty sure all the ins/outs on an MS-20xx are buffered)

I would have been buying used the possibility of the prior owner doing this crossed my mind.

With two Abyss I think I have my Dreadbox covered for now.
(I use both as 4 VCO monos)

But a 6 voice 2 VCO Dreadbox would be quite interesting to add to the Dreadbox collection (although small)
As a poly it would probably have a small mod matrix on it for basic connectivity to the outside world.

Will wait and see...
📝 Reply