Quantcast
Dreadbox Nymphes - Page 7 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dreadbox Nymphes
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I am sold on the sound. However, can we please have an On/Off switch on the next desktop synth? I really miss that in Typhon.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by donato ➡️
Sounds good. A lot of button pressing which doesn't look so fun. Wish Nick would've asked him about the Abyss 2.
I guess it might be a while in development, but with a sound like that for the Nymphes, for that price - wow.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. ➡️
I guess it might be a while in development, but with a sound like that for the Nymphes, for that price - wow.
For sure. No complaints about the Nymphes at that price point and sound.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➡️
<Moderator Msg>

This is not the right forum for "Social Issues" discussion despite what gear manufacturers may have been experiencing within their domains. Pls keep this type of content off the thread.

Thanks

https://gearspace.com/board/faq.php?...q_new_faq_item
lol why was this in response to my post about the Feedback Modules' Juno Chorus
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiorate ➡️
I've got one of those...can't wait

I'm going to shill it for a moment: It's a mere €150.00 and it sounds as good as the real thing. If you want your Nymphes to sound like a Juno, this is how you do it.

Even if you don't have a Eurorack case, I'd consider getting one just for this chorus. It even has the background noise that you expect from the Juno chorus. I have selfishly held back on saying how good it is because I think it's "secret weapon" territory, but I don't care anymore. It's great.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKen ➡️
I am sold on the sound. However, can we please have an On/Off switch on the next desktop synth? I really miss that in Typhon.
I've not tried one myself but I believe USB cables exist that have power switches built into them.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows ➡️
Everything's perfect with the sound and value for money, the only thing I wish, as a bit of a stuck record, is that they might hold off the Abyss V2 for a bit until they could make a keyboard synth out of it, as well as a module. The sounds they come up with are so big, and the visual designs are so top-drawer, that it all deserves a bigger canvas, somehow. Hopefully that'll come in time too.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by donato ➡️
Sounds good. A lot of button pressing which doesn't look so fun. Wish Nick would've asked him about the Abyss 2.
He definitely got lost in the interface a few times but it took him like 2 seconds to recover so no big deal. Better than squinting at menus on a tiny OLED screen IMO.

I'm curious about the "hidden" CC's now. Apparently it will at least be possible to modulate LFO2 with LFO1. I wonder what else...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. ➡️
Everything's perfect with the sound and value for money, the only thing I wish, as a bit of a stuck record, is that Dreadbox might hold off the Abyss V2 for a bit until they could make a keyboard synth out of it, as well as a module. The sounds they come up with are so big, and the visual designs are so top-drawer, that it all deserves a bigger canvas, somehow.
There are plenty of reasons a company might not be interested in making synths with keyboards, so I never assume that they want to do that, even if some customers express an interest.

They might miss the right skills or confidence or suppliers. They may not want to deal with the added storage space required when you have a big pile of synths with keyboards in your manufacturing facility. The additional cost might spoil the price point they want to hit. They might just have a personal preference for small synths and their own product image, or want to stick to that market. They might think that too many people have too many keyboards already, or that they cannot please everyones desire for different number of keys and features on the keyboard, and that its easier to let customer add their own separate keyboard that meets that particular users needs.

Not that I would mind if they did one with a keyboard eventually. I hope they continue to make really interesting product and gradually build up their expertise (as they are clearly doing more with firmware/digital aspects in recent years). A large flagship Dreadbox synth would be very exciting to see some years down the line. But more important is that the people at Dreadbox go where their vision takes them, making products that motivate them to make more, and if that never involves keyboards then I wont complain.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
There are plenty of reasons a company might not be interested in making synths with keyboards, so I never assume that they want to do that, even if some customers express an interest.

They might miss the right skills or confidence or suppliers. They may not want to deal with the added storage space required when you have a big pile of synths with keyboards in your manufacturing facility. The additional cost might spoil the price point they want to hit. They might just have a personal preference for small synths and their own product image, or want to stick to that market.

Not that I would mind if they did one with a keyboard eventually. I hope they continue to make really interesting product and gradually build up their expertise (as they are clearly doing more with firmware/digital aspects in recent years). A large flagship Dreadbox synth would be very exciting to see some years down the line. But more important is that the people at Dreadbox go where their vision takes them, making products that motivate them to make more, and if that never involves keyboards then I wont complain.
For sure - there's absolutely nothing to complain about in this product itself whatsoever

Last edited by wendell r.; 1 week ago at 09:04 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
strange how on instagram sinevibes state they made the effects in Nymthes, yet at superbooth on the sonicstate video Yannis claims he/dreadbox made the reverb in house.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek ➡️
strange how on instagram sinevibes state they made the effects in Nymthes, yet at superbooth on the sonicstate video Yannis claims he/dreadbox made the reverb in house.
The Nymphes product page on the Dreadbox website also says Lush Digital Reverb (developed by Dreadbox).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm in danger of repeating myself into gush, but listening back to that new demo again this really is an absolutely brilliant synth. Well done Dreadbox.

Last edited by wendell r.; 1 week ago at 09:49 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How hard it to program in comparison with TB-303 on scale 1-5?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
I don't want to be stereotypical because of the Greek connection, but it really does sound like Vangelis, doesn't it?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It does ! In a good way. What a synth though, for 500 Euros..

Last edited by wendell r.; 1 week ago at 09:50 PM..
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
nice. this thing sounds SICK!!

Nice work dreadbox!
Gear Head

Does sound great, and with enough life and movement to make me forget about the single VCO.

(Still confuzzled about that interface though - looks like it'll rely on developing decent muscle memory, and I hope the rotary switch is up to it.)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm watching the SonicState SuperBooth Nymphes video right now... and I'm impressed. For a single VCO per voice poly it sounds thick, especially with the reverb. Having had a Werkstatt for a while I've discovered the beauty of PWM or wave shape modulation to make a single oscillator sound fat.

The interface is a little fiddly with all the shift functions, but it did allow them to make it compact. This could be an impulse buy down the road.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I love Dreadbox and this sounds huge, sure wish this was stereo.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
You could get some very interesting effects using a splitter with that reverbed signal into separate effects units to make up a stereo - the sort of thing they used to do back in the day with many polysynths..
acm
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Sounds great! Great price and tiny size but very "crypto" UI ...

Why they didn't add a 7 segment display for the menu, presets, slider values ... like other synths as DSI Evolver? Too many expensive? Is not cool anymore?

This new Dreadbox looks very appealing!
Want to hear more demos.
I love the interface so far.
Not sure how convenient is the preset access though.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Not disappointed by that sound at all. Very sweet and deep. Thought this was gonna be a character synth at the expense of synthesis depth, but its mod assignments are surprisingly flexible. Continuously variable waveforms + audio rate key tracked lfo offer all that's needed to thicken up that single oscillator. Slightly disappointed by mono reverb, as others are. But it'll be nice to send the mono reverb into a stereo reverb or other fx for extra lushness.
Well, I think this is going to be my first Dreadbox synth. Can't wait!
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Looks like another beautiful offering from dreadbox! Thankfully for my wallet, I don't get on well with the kind of dual-function-per-control interface that they went with here. I can appreciate why they did it and how good the minimal panel looks, but I'm more of a WYSIWYG kind of guy. Looking forward to hearing what other people do with this though!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac
The price seems stupid? Lol... Amazed that dreadbox released a 6 voice poly under 1000 cad (or USD even), with surprisingly capable modulation options. I wonder how many big B pre ordered to disassemble?
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've not tried one myself but I believe USB cables exist that have power switches built into them.
I have 3 desktop synths and they all have power switches. I didn’t know not having switches was a thing!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I know it’s horses for courses but I am a little surprised at the amount of people being turned off because there is a function button that you to press to access some of the controls. I’d prefer that than it being four times the size and twice the price but like I said, we’re all looking for different things. Probably good not everyone wants one as it’s less likely to sell out in 5 minutes

It does sound fantastic though, no arguments there!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Holy crap, that little box sounds BIG

With this and the take 5 it’s like attack of the affordable polys, love it.

Can’t wait for some more sound demos
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
I have 3 desktop synths and they all have power switches. I didn’t know not having switches was a thing!
Just buy a power strip with a switch to turn on/off all your gear at once.
📝 Reply