Quantcast
Dreadbox Nymphes - Page 11 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dreadbox Nymphes
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How many 6 voice vco polys are there on the market for $500?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertflyer ➡️
How many 6 voice vco polys are there on the market for $500?
Or that sound that good, for 500 ?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict
Realistically it's going to be closer to $600 in the US. €499 is currently $585 with the exchange rate, then add the cost of shipping/importing (Dreadbox are based in the EU). In that price range (+/- $20) your options for analog polys are Nymphes, OG Minilogue, XD Module or at a stretch, DM6.
All those are amazing value that would have been thought impossible 10 years ago.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedFollower ➡️
Realistically it's going to be closer to $600 in the US. €499 is currently $585 with the exchange rate, then add the cost of shipping/importing (Dreadbox are based in the EU). In that price range (+/- $20) your options for analog polys are Nymphes, OG Minilogue, XD Module or at a stretch, DM6.
All those are amazing value that would have been thought impossible 10 years ago.
XD Module is $495 @ JRR, and the OG is $450.

But, yeah, there's a LOT of great synths around that $500ish range.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quite satisfying to see a tiny company showing Roland and their Boutiques how it should be done.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock ➡️
Quite satisfying to see a tiny company showing Roland and their Boutiques how it should be done.
To be fair, even Roland showed Roland how to do Boutiques - by collaborating with a tiny company: the feature and sound rich SE-02.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitocorleone123 ➡️
To be fair, even Roland showed Roland how to do Boutiques - by collaborating with a tiny company: the feature and sound rich SE-02.
It was an odd thing to see. All these VA products which they say are the way forward and analogue is not needed ("we don't chase ghosts!"), and yet they do an analogue mono synth with outside expertise.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear
The problem with the boutiques isn't so much analog vs digital but the joke of a polyphony and the excuse behind that limit which is complete bull****. But it turns out people are willing to buy 4 note digital synthesizers at a premium... Musicians have the manufacturers they deserve.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by camus2 ➡️
The problem with the boutiques isn't so much analog vs digital but the joke of a polyphony and the excuse behind that limit which is complete bull****. But it turns out people are willing to buy 4 note digital synthesizers at a premium... Musicians have the manufacturers they deserve.
It's funny that Dreadbox managed to cram 6 real analog voices into an even smaller format than the Boutiques. Granted just 1 VCO per voice but still...

That said I'm really happy with my SE-02, and the D-05 looks pretty interesting too (8/16 notes poly and tons of patches from the various expansions released back in the day).
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any news on if this synth is CEM/SSI chip based? I would guess it is not.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Realistically it's going to be closer to $600 in the US.
I preordered mine this morning from MF for $480 using a 20% off coupon. After tax it came up to $508, and I got $38 back in store credit with their loyalty program.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwattsup ➡️
I preordered mine this morning from MF for $480 using a 20% off coupon. After tax it came up to $508, and I got $38 back in store credit with their loyalty program.
Which works out at about $600 including taxes and excluding any store-specific loyalty programs or coupons
In EU, it's €499 including tax.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Down here in Australia, we got preorder for 799. That is pretty amazing for a 6 voice poly. Even old uli b hasn’t brought out a poly for under 1k aud. I’ll be very interested to see some reviews to see how people find the UI …. it does look a bit fiddly from my first impression.
Gear Head

Quote:
Which works out at about $600 including taxes and excluding any store-specific loyalty programs or coupons
In EU, it's €499 including tax.
No, it worked out to be $508 including taxes and shipping, and I get $38 bucks to spend later down the road. If I’d bought it from Thomann, it would have cost me about $20 extra with shipping to the states, and I wouldn’t have the extra cash to spend later.
Gear Addict
Quote:
No, it worked out to be $508 including taxes and shipping, and I get $38 bucks to spend later down the road. If I’d bought it from , it would have cost me about $20 extra with shipping to the states, and I wouldn’t have the extra cash to spend later.
That's comparing a sales price to the list price. That's still a $600 list price, with a 20% off coupon (which most don't have access to unless you previously spent money at the store). 0.8 x $600 = $480.
Gear Head

Quote:
That's comparing a sales price to the list price. That's still a $600 list price, with a 20% off coupon (which most don't have access to unless you previously spent money at the store). 0.8 x $600 = $480.
Fair enough, but that’s this company’s business model. There’s usually always 15%, but they offered 20% because I hadn’t shopped there in so long. It’s pretty rare you find something brand new falling under the umbrella of what qualifies though.

Anyways, can’t wait to enjoy this one in a couple of months. Probably gonna pick up a choice chorus unit to pair with it.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Anyways, can’t wait to enjoy this one in a couple of months. Probably gonna pick up a choice chorus unit to pair with it.
I ordered a june-60 chorus v2 with my preorder of Nymphes 😊
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by murskaborje ➡️
I ordered a june-60 chorus v2 with my preorder of Nymphes 😊
I’m really hoping they nail it this time. Any word on its expected release date?
Here for the gear

Quote:
I’m really hoping they nail it this time. Any word on its expected release date?
Ordered from Thomann, it’s about 6-8 weeks for the June, about the same for the Nymphes.
Gear Nut

Quote:
$599 everywhere I've looked stateside. But there's always discount codes I suppose.

Still a good buy for the size though, can't argue that one bit.
📝 Reply