The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
April 2021 New Gear Thread
Old 1st April 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
April 2021 New Gear Thread

Guess I'll kick it off this month.

I normally only post my modules in the Modular subforum, but I thought this could be fun to share here due to the fun nature of the module. I thought this was an April Fool's joke, but it let me purchase it and check out and everything. I'm actually kind of excited because 2HP puts out fun little jokey modules all the time, but I always miss them. Glad I jumped on this one!

From 2HP's site:
Quote:
No Pass Filter

The 2hp No Pass Filter is an all-analog, infinite dB slope passive filter that will pull the tones you love out of your patch. Designed with others in mind, NPF is the perfect gift for your producer partner, transforming their “fire patch” into tranquil bliss.

Infinite dB slope passive filter

All analog topology

Great for ambient music
Old 1st April 2021
BM0
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
^Even I could build one of those.
Old 1st April 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
i got a module today too. MI blinds
Old 1st April 2021
Here for the gear

Not gear but something to put my gear on.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-a8a2f682-2c24-459b-ae83-745f2a56dc64.jpg  
Old 1st April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasdemian ➡️
Not gear but something to put my gear on.
It's still gear. I counted it when I got mine. It's taken some time to get used to that desk, but now I can't imagine how I'd get on without it.
Old 1st April 2021
Im building an entire battery powered rig for my "summer months" deck....dunno why, I hope my horizon will broaden after the past year at home

Old 1st April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I never got into pedals, but I needed a reverb for outside my studio, and my DP4 is much bigger than this.

I have a soft spot for hybrids, and I always loved the sound. The news that it was discontinued, combined with some recent experience with the Evolver made me want to try Dave's other hybrid (I know there are several "other" hybrids now, but this is the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice keetee ➡️
them yamahas get very good reviews
I think I like the fact I can use it as a stereo speaker then it doubles as a practice other times

Was looking at the 100w head too...looks the business, you can even choose the modeled tubes
Old 1st April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My brother is quarantined after a work trip, so his wife is spending Easter doing an estate cleanout with her dad (her uncle's house). Sounds like a lot of his belongings are headed for a landfill, but she sent me a couple of pics and asked me if I would be interested in picking up this old organ as I'm the "musician in the family." A few years ago when her other uncle passed on they gave me a fairly fancy accordion (Borsini), which as a man of good taste I quickly decided to sell, and I actually got a handsome 1,350 euros for it. Not sure I'll be selling this thing here, but I'm guessing I'd get even more. There's also a guitar and some other stuff they said I could have, so I might have more updates for this thread tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-gammeltorgel.jpg  
Old 1st April 2021
Here for the gear

New speakers arrived but they are so heavy i cant lift them alone... so they are still in the box...
Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-beeb4c8f-908e-48d9-ae22-665449dce7f6.jpg  
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice keetee ➡️
them yamahas get very good reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➡️
I think I like the fact I can use it as a stereo speaker then it doubles as a practice other times

Was looking at the 100w head too...looks the business, you can even choose the modeled tubes
A friend had one. It was pretty cool and I was jelly. When I see one I still get the gas.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVR ➡️
New speakers arrived but they are so heavy i cant lift them alone... so they are still in the box...
Damn, I'm impressed. Good on you!
Old 1st April 2021
Lives for gear
Octatrack
Old 1st April 2021
8 MB sample RAM for the TS10 I got last week.

Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-20210401_175729_hdr.jpg  
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVR ➡️
Been there. Brought a 15" subwoofer earlier this week. My back still ain't right
Old 2nd April 2021
Forgot, got this a couple of days ago just so I dont have to plug in my bass amp when Im at my desk...and I have to say its pretty excellent...only $125, has a cab ir on the line output, fx loop, speaker output, metal box, all in all sounds pretty great.

Old 2nd April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im building an entire battery powered rig for my "summer months" deck....dunno why, I hope my horizon will broaden after the past year at home

I got one for my son for his latest birthday, but I really wanted it for me. It sounds amazing - better and much more practical than my Twin Reverb and full pedalboard. Congrats!
Old 2nd April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Really, really tempted by the Hydrasynth Desktop that I saw at the local music store. It was just about the only synth that they had in stock and it just happened to be one I’m very interested in and I have the money but I really shouldn’t be spending it and really don’t need another synth right now anyway, but damn I would love to add that to my setup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopotato ➡️
Really, really tempted by the Hydrasynth Desktop that I saw at the local music store. It was just about the only synth that they had in stock and it just happened to be one I’m very interested in and I have the money but I really shouldn’t be spending it and really don’t need another synth right now anyway, but damn I would love to add that to my setup!
We must have a psychic connection.

With new friends
Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-20210402_121932_hdr.jpg   April 2021 New Gear Thread-20210402_121916_hdr.jpg  
Old 2nd April 2021
Here for the gear

Why oh why did I wait so long to get this?
Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-c806722f-1edd-46a8-9416-3cb561eef450.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha ➡️
My brother is quarantined after a work trip, so his wife is spending Easter doing an estate cleanout with her dad (her uncle's house). Sounds like a lot of his belongings are headed for a landfill, but she sent me a couple of pics and asked me if I would be interested in picking up this old organ as I'm the "musician in the family." A few years ago when her other uncle passed on they gave me a fairly fancy accordion (Borsini), which as a man of good taste I quickly decided to sell, and I actually got a handsome 1,350 euros for it. Not sure I'll be selling this thing here, but I'm guessing I'd get even more. There's also a guitar and some other stuff they said I could have, so I might have more updates for this thread tomorrow.
Edit: should have checked the date
Old 2nd April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
My MPK Mini MK3
Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-57e47119-b2e5-4024-b0ce-3f98adf7e556.jpg  
Old 3rd April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
This came today and a handful of other stuff on the way.
Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-image_7386_0.jpg  
Old 3rd April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years

Not very sexy, but it doesn't have to be for my purposes, which is to add inputs to my Hercules P32. BTW, last month's Gig Bar finally came in, and I'm super impressed. It's so simple, and yet so entrancing to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame ➡️
My MPK Mini MK3
I got one at the end of last month and I'm enjoying it. The keys feel just right, unlike my KeyStep Pro that I have to slam the hell out of some keys to get max velocity and tickle others to get any sort of articulation.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️
We must have a psychic connection.
I bought one too, to have a 16 voices Hydra!

Attached Thumbnails
April 2021 New Gear Thread-asm-hydrasynth-dr-03-04-2021-.jpg  
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcoaffamato ➡️
I bought one too, to have a 16 voices Hydra!

Old 4th April 2021
Lives for gear

I read a few glowing old reviews for this bad boy, and was intrigued so I found a cheap one on reverb and got it. Wow, I really think this is kind of a potential future classic in its own weird wonderful way. First of all, it's built like a goddam tank! Quite heavy/dense, serious build quality, metal everywhere, nice & responsive pots and pads, all velocity sensitive with just tons and tons of extra features. The sound is software of course, but it's very nice sonically, great VFX, plus a ton of extra features like modular options, kit creation, so much more but I've hardly scratched the surface yet. Bonus points (for me) that it's also NKS friendly, so it fits right in here at the hybrid studio. Recommended, a steal for the price these days!
Old 4th April 2021 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24dB ➡️

I read a few glowing old reviews for this bad boy, and was intrigued so I found a cheap one on reverb and got it. Wow, I really think this is kind of a potential future classic in its own weird wonderful way. First of all, it's built like a goddam tank! Quite heavy/dense, serious build quality, metal everywhere, nice & responsive pots and pads, all velocity sensitive with just tons and tons of extra features. The sound is software of course, but it's very nice sonically, great VFX, plus a ton of extra features like modular options, kit creation, so much more but I've hardly scratched the surface yet. Bonus points (for me) that it's also NKS friendly, so it fits right in here at the hybrid studio. Recommended, a steal for the price these days!
I still have one of these...it was/is a solid piece of kit. They actually went pretty far with Spark and then just dropped it. Its simplicity was its best point when folks like NI and Akai were much more complex Spark was a drum machine.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I still have one of these...it was/is a solid piece of kit. They actually went pretty far with Spark and then just dropped it. Its simplicity was its best point when folks like NI and Akai were much more complex Spark was a drum machine.
I used the software for a long time. I fondly remember the the simplicity of getting some basic beats going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage ➡️
I used the software for a long time. I fondly remember the the simplicity of getting some basic beats going.
Yeah that was its strong point...it actually got quite a deep drum synth engine, way more going on under the hood than maschine or the akais but I think arturia wanted to go down the hardware route. I think if you open spark my name comes up on the credits...and I literally did fvk all

Loved the cdm interface, its shape everything.
📝 Reply