Lives for gear

Cat stairs
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-c286ed1c-66d6-40eb-8023-08526e5d01c7.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-c286ed1c-66d6-40eb-8023-08526e5d01c7.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
@ vlz , who's that beauty on the bottom step? Very deep back coloring for a seal point. I like the return of the apple head to siamese in general. The over bred, thin frame was distressing.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWriter ➑️
@ vlz , who's that beauty on the bottom step? Very deep back coloring for a seal point. I like the return of the apple head to siamese in general. The over bred, thin frame was distressing.
That's Coco,

Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-7f3b567f-b18d-4465-81b3-45d2a81ee831.jpg

they're siblings, but while he is chocolate full expression, she's half expression. They're Burmese, with great temperament.
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-7f3b567f-b18d-4465-81b3-45d2a81ee831.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It amazes me how often cats, and dogs for that matter, will lie right in paths of foot traffic, like they're asking to be stepped over, or on.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatz ➑️
It amazes me how often cats, and dogs for that matter, will lie right in paths of foot traffic, like they're asking to be stepped over, or on.
That's for certain. My cat runs to get in front of me when I am walking across the house and then slows down almost to the point of becoming a speed bump. One of these days....
Quote:
My cat does the same. I keep a close eye when the cat and I walk down the stairs at the same time. She zig-zags across my path so I have to stop every other step so neither of us gets injured. I think it's because cats are hungry they like to rub against the owner's feet and ankles to get their attention.

I also have to be watchful when sitting by the computer. My cat likes to lay down behind the chair so before pushing the chair backwards to stand, I spin around to make sure she's not in the way.🐈
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➑️
My cat does the same. I keep a close eye when the cat and I walk down the stairs at the same time. She zig-zags across my path so I have to stop every other step so neither of us gets injured. I think it's because cats are hungry they like to rub against the owner's feet and ankles to get their attention.

I also have to be watchful when sitting by the computer. My cat likes to lay down behind the chair so before pushing the chair backwards to stand, I spin around to make sure she's not in the way.🐈
Nono was the same. She'd also walk up behind me so, even now, I have a habit of looking down and back before sliding a chair back or taking a step backwards.

Of course, for the first half dozen years I had her I had a three story place and she'd run between my feet going down the stairs. You'd think I'd have broken her of it as a kitten one of the 50 times I stepped on her. But no.

Even when she was nearly 20 and on her way out, she'd lay in the front hallway where my roommate would come to use the bathroom (He's an early riser) and instead of getting out of the way when almost stepped on she'd hiss at him. Trained him to go around, open the door so she could go out on the front porch, and THEN use the bathroom. .
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Circa 2009 (I need new cats so I can take new pics...)

Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-dsc04501.jpg

Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-dsc04528.jpg

Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-dsc04503.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-dsc04501.jpg   Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-dsc04528.jpg   Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-dsc04503.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
They will trip u over on purpose for a laugh, or because they truly can't be bothered, the a-holish ones for sure.
Quote:
Circa 2009 (I need new cats so I can take new pics...)

It's awesome how cats like beds just like hoomans! Anything soft like a fleece or anything that's fluffy.

I the Summer, my cat likes to sleep on the carpet but during the colder months, it's all about snuggling to something warm.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sds1fs1r ➑️
They will trip u over on purpose for a laugh, or because they truly can't be bothered, the a-holish ones for sure.
Nono was just so entitled that she assumed everyone knew where she was at all times. SHe'd just sneak up and hang out. Thus the always having to look down and/or behind me.

She was the same at night. I got her when I lived in a loft. 3 floors, no doors anywhere by the bathroom, so from day one I had no way of excluding her from anywhere. I tried kicking her off the bed, but she wasn't afraid of me so she'd wait until I fell asleep and climb on top of me. So she slept on the bed with me for 20 years. Didn't care for being locked out of the bathroom, either, but that's a different story.

She usually liked to sleep pressed up against my side. If I rolled over at night she'd hiss and bite rather than just, you know, moving. A friend's cat, Zedric, used to get mad at me for moving during movie night once he'd gotten comfortable sleeping on my legs. I'm pretty sure it's part of cat psyche in general. Or maybe it's just me.

Dogs see us as people. And they're really happy to please their people. Cats see us as big, kinda dumb cats who are ****e at hunting. Sometimes there's no concept that we're 10 times their size.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Only virtual cats for now...I am a cat lover but am not allowed to have both cats and synths at this time.
This end of the room is still getting organized.
The other end of the room is...err...disorganized.
I added overhead lighting for the dotcom, since table lamps and lava lamp weren’t quite enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-525abe20-574c-412a-90df-158b40c36543.jpg  
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:

If I had stairs I would probably be dead by now. Or, in a body cast!
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason108 ➑️
If I had stairs I would probably be dead by now. Or, in a body cast!
Still, to this day, I hold the handrail walking down any stairs. Don't even think about it, it's just habit from 6 years of cat + stairs at my old place.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Since my (former) cats didn't tend to hang around my current synth setup, I had to "synthesize" a cat+synths pic.

Squeaky, meet my analog messengers of joy.

Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-squeaky-synths.jpg

(Yes, my photo-editing skills are about as good as my synth playing skills... haha)
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-squeaky-synths.jpg  
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
cat's found a new friend/toy this morning. except he's going to kill/break it. > another mouse.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Just posted. Pay no attention to the kitty behind the curtain.

Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-c2cb5df1-750f-433d-98e4-9ee8ce416d4b.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-c2cb5df1-750f-433d-98e4-9ee8ce416d4b.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Instead of a cat on a synth, how about a synth on a cat?

Old 4 days ago | Show parent
I sent this question to Jackson Galaxy, but he never replied!

I think I know the answer but I can't confirm it so I wanted to ask the cat owners here.

Every time, after my kitty drinks water, she shakes her body from side to side just like a dog does after going for a swim in the lake. You can also hear the shaking since it makes a very distinct sound.

Do any of your cats display this behavior?

Here's my theory, the cat may be shaking after drinking to clear the water droplets from her whiskers Yes, no, maybe

What do you guys think?

Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I sent this question to Jackson Galaxy, but he never replied!

I think I know the answer but I can't confirm it so I wanted to ask the cat owners here.

Every time, after my kitty drinks water, she shakes her body from side to side just like a dog does after going for a swim in the lake. You can also hear the shaking since it makes a very distinct sound.

Do any of your cats display this behavior?

Here's my theory, the cat may be shaking after drinking to clear the water droplets from her whiskers Yes, no, maybe

What do you guys think?
I have never seen any of our cats do this, but the clearing whiskers of water theory seems about right.

Different cats do different things. We had one cat who refused to do the 'Chase the red dot thing'. She would look at the dot on the floor, (as if not really interested), then turn around and peer straight at the person with the laser pen/torch, (again as if to say 'really?' )

When she witnessed our other cat go crazy chasing it, she looked puzzled (as if, 'wtf are you doing that for?')
Old 3 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

yes, they're all different. My cats don't care for catnip, it does nothing for them.
I'll try to remember to shoot a video of the fluttering.

The only other cat I've seen do this, is in the movie The Matrix

Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't specifically remember my cats doing that shake after drinking, but that doesn't mean they didn't do it. They do get water droplets in their fur/whiskers when they drink, so they're probably just shaking it off (much like Taylor Swift).

Some kitties are more sensitive to this sort of thing than others, so some kitties will shake, while others will just hang out with water dripping off their chin.

As for personality/habit differences, of course every cat is different. My first cat Misha would give kisses, Patches did sometimes too, but none of my others did. Some of my kitties would "pop a wheelie" when you reached down to pet them, while others didn't. They all talked differently... Squeaky would always say hi, do the prrrp thing, Theeny would meow hi, while the others tended to be more quiet.

Another curious habit several of my cats had was picking up a toy in their mouth, and meow while carrying it through the house. I don't quite know the purpose of that one, but it must be something to do with their hunting instincts.
Quote:
I don't specifically remember my cats doing that shake after drinking, but that doesn't mean they didn't do it. They do get water droplets in their fur/whiskers when they drink, so they're probably just shaking it off (much like Taylor Swift).

Some kitties are more sensitive to this sort of thing than others, so some kitties will shake, while others will just hang out with water dripping off their chin.

As for personality/habit differences, of course every cat is different. My first cat Misha would give kisses, Patches did sometimes too, but none of my others did. Some of my kitties would "pop a wheelie" when you reached down to pet them, while others didn't. They all talked differently... Squeaky would always say hi, do the prrrp thing, Theeny would meow hi, while the others tended to be more quiet.

Another curious habit several of my cats had was picking up a toy in their mouth, and meow while carrying it through the house. I don't quite know the purpose of that one, but it must be something to do with their hunting instincts.
That's one quality that I love about cats. Just like synths, each one has their own character/personality.

My cat Mischa will raise one front paw and curl it. She keeps that stance for a few moments as she awaits a treat. During the evening meal only, she head bumps my chin and face while purring.

She also pops wheelies and head bumps my hand while standing.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Instead of a cat on a synth, how about a synth on a cat?
Now, that's just a silly idea, innit?

Wait... let me fetch my camera...

Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-img_1688.jpg
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-img_1694.jpg
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-img_1690.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-img_1688.jpg   Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-img_1694.jpg   Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-img_1690.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice ➑️
Now, that's just a silly idea, innit?

Wait... let me fetch my camera...
Same color cat, and same synth. Just not in space.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Polly wanted to say "look at my fluffy belly"
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-img-20210723-wa0009.jpg  
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Some kitties are more sensitive to this sort of thing than others, so some kitties will shake
!!
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-86cf3059-068b-4964-a567-244dbefee40a.jpeg   Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-7faeb0c1-d720-4dda-92a4-063c9d1dd01d.jpeg  
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

This guy. He's so sick of hearing my bs music. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Cats &amp; Synths Thread 2021&lt;-2021-07-23.jpg  
πŸ“ Reply