Quantcast
Uno synth pro leak - Page 11 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Uno synth pro leak
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK ➡️
Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Have you reported your issue to IK Support? They would be able to advise you on what could be causing your issue and if it requires a firmware or similar fix they'd recreate and then submit to the right folks.
Hi !
I don't know if this thread is the good place, i'm fresh new on this forum, but i've just received my Desktop version of this synth and i already have serious problems with it :-/

Tactile issues with keys and modulation strip ; presets fall out of tune and have to be recalibrated all the time ; overheating internal power supply (maybe the reason why of the constant detuning ?)...
Are these common issues, or should i request a replacement ?

Thanks !
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Spy ➡️
Wonder if that editor is around the corner.
Not only was it around the corner, it’s knocking at the door today!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Nothing happens when I try to download the firmware and editor. It just hangs. And then the software manager won't quit.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fun idea: Put the firmware and editor on the website as a directly downloadable link.

I know, it breaks the concept of pushing everything though that Product Manager hub, but then again, the IK Product Manager is broken today.
I logged in on the website, poked around and found the 2.0 update here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/drivers/ , I think, but haven’t found a link to the Editor

ADDED: I’m seeing lots of reports on a Facebook group of problems and frustration getting the software, so I’m going to wait until this evening or tomorrow to try
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zejj ➡️
Hi !
I don't know if this thread is the good place, i'm fresh new on this forum, but i've just received my Desktop version of this synth and i already have serious problems with it :-/

Tactile issues with keys and modulation strip ; presets fall out of tune and have to be recalibrated all the time ; overheating internal power supply (maybe the reason why of the constant detuning ?)...
Are these common issues, or should i request a replacement ?

Thanks !
That's not expected behavior I would report that to our support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Lives for gear

I can confirm that I actually ended up having no problems downloading and installing both the 2.0.0 firmware update and the new Editor on the Mac (Catalina). Not helpful to Windows users, I know, just verifying.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Windows stuff is now downloading. Updated OS and installed editor.

The editor is pretty good! The synth, however, still does some pretty weird stuff.

The oscillator tune parameters still controls cutoff for some reason, like tracking that you can't turn off.

Filter resonance is still being secretly controlled by cutoff, making the filter 2 self-oscillation point lower with higher cutoff. Really hard to get that sweet spot right before it shrieks. Because that spot changes with cutoff, tracked or tweaked. Sometimes it's 106. Sometimes 110. Sometimes 103. And there's no gradual resonance increase, it jumps digitally into a self-oscillating sine over 1 parameter number "click." No in-between.

Loop a filter or amp envelope like an LFO, and play with sustain - changing the level retriggers the envelope? Why would this happen?

There's still weird bleed, noise, etc, especially over headphones. But the editor really helps justify this thing.

The Uno Synth Pro went from a failing grade of 49% to a passing grade of 51%, justifying this thing. It can sound very unique! I like it. But I don't love it. I want to. Perhaps over time.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

OK, maybe I love it a little after programming a weird phasey dual filter monopad.

Fine. You've charmed me again, you stupid cheap plastic box of potential. I can't sell you.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

OK, last post on this subject: I figured out what's happening with the filter tracking.

If you set either of the filters to keytrack, it's taking that value from the pitch of the highest oscillator. It's not taking MIDI key values directly, like on most synths.

So if you get a self-oscillating resonance on Filter 2, track it at 100%, turn down the oscillators to off, and play the keys, you'll get a tracked sine wave. Good.

Now go into your oscillator tune, remember - they are still off. Nothing you do should be heard. (well, aside from the bleed.)

Tune the tuning knobs all the way down. Now on one of them, tune it up. Your oscillator is controlling the cutoff frequency. Highest tune = cutoff.

I guess I expected key tracking to have a source of key, not the specific pitch coming from the knobs.
acm
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsaintjohn ➡️
I can confirm that I actually ended up having no problems downloading and installing both the 2.0.0 firmware update and the new Editor on the Mac (Catalina). Not helpful to Windows users, I know, just verifying.
We will lost all of our custom sound presets when updated the firm?

Can we use the editor with the original 1.0.0 firmware to save the patches before the update?

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

All your patches should remain when updating. Only the system version is overwritten.

I don't think the editor works with the 1.0.1 firmware.
Lives for gear

Yes, I saw others indicating the Editor would not work without the 2.0 update (obviously a bit late for me to check now). I certainly didn’t lose any of my existing patches. And the Editor itself does not come with any new presets, so it’s only aware of what’s on your synth when it connects.
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Squids did a walkthrough of the UNO Synth Pro Editor from the IK US studio:

Link for those not into the odd square form factor of embedded YouTube videos here on GS: https://youtu.be/mJl0p_Au6Fg

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Aces. Hey, Peter, will this eventually port to iOS like the Uno Synth editor?
acm
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
All your patches should remain when updating. Only the system version is overwritten.

I don't think the editor works with the 1.0.1 firmware.
Yeah!

I updated the firmware from v1.0.0 to v2.0.0. I didn't lost any of my custom patches

I did a test before to check if is possible to save the hardware presets in the editor v1.0.0 with the firmware v1.0.0. It wasn't possible. But synth responded to some parameters at editor.

Nice updated view at the modulation matrix but I hope IK will add all of the FX (delay times and feedback amount, reverb size, ...) parameters on it as "destination".
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffybox ➡️
Aces. Hey, Peter, will this eventually port to iOS like the Uno Synth editor?
Currently we are not working on an iOS version at this time.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
When is this synth coming to Australia?
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben F ➡️
When is this synth coming to Australia?
It has been available for a while and we ship to Australia. Have you checked the local dealers via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/dealers to see who has it there? If they don't please let me know and I'll stir up the proper rep here.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK ➡️
It has been available for a while and we ship to Australia. Have you checked the local dealers via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/dealers to see who has it there? If they don't please let me know and I'll stir up the proper rep here.
No, can't find it anywhere in the normal stores here.
📝 Reply