🎧 5 years
A sound effect.

Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Unison + Drones = Unidrones.

Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

Such an incredible synth, Dave left us with a beautiful gift. Still hard to believe he's gone.

Playing it daily and thinking about what is left to be desired in this simple and impeccable instrument, the updates I still hope to see are:
1. Ability to save all sound-related global parameters (like alternate tuning, RR/P5 voice allocation) on a per-patch basis.
2. Addition of 2.0 vintage knob settings in the global menu, to allow for less dramatic pitch fluctuations (I simply want it to sound like varying eras loose and warm at all levels -- not malfunctioning overheating extremities).
3. Addition of alternate Pro-One "Auto Glide" mode in Global menu.
4. Shortcut for octave up/down (one of the mod wheel buttons + increment/decrement buttons).
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Kind-of-EP and long reverb for an atmospheric vibe.

Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Got P10. The best analog poly I ever had in 25 +years of professional music production.
I did have a REV3 in my studio for a while, but it wasn't mine and had a few issues. You can't go better than this. Even if it's Moog One or OB x8.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Multitrack experiment with a different reverb in every track. The video includes full wet and full dry version of the music for comparison purposes.

100% Prophet 10, but do I hear some Yamaha CS vibe sometimes…?

:-)

Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiorange ➡️
Multitrack experiment with a different reverb in every track. The video includes full wet and full dry version of the music for comparison purposes.

100% Prophet 10, but do I hear some Yamaha CS vibe sometimes…?

:-)

Definitely strong FM vibes here, but it's a testimony to how good analog FM sounds. So simple but so much character. Really love these recordings, keep it up!
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
lxm
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
So I got my Prophet 10 desktop and I'm having some issues. Taking with support now so we'll see how that goes but definitely not happy thus far.

Showed up with blems. One really bad one. Unacceptable for a new instrument.

Dials have inconsistent resistance throughout. Some have different resistance throughout the turn. At 1 its easy to turn and closer to 10 significantly stiffer.

Worst thing is.. it won't stay in tune. I have to constantly retune every 10 mins or so. I have read others having this same problem with the desktop unit. Do the keyboard versions behave better with tuning? Definitely a deal breaker if it won't stay in tune :( I have zero tuning issues with my other analog synths.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxm ➡️
So I got my Prophet 10 desktop and I'm having some issues. Taking with support now so we'll see how that goes but definitely not happy thus far.

Dials have inconsistent resistance throughout. Some have different resistance throughout the turn. At 1 its easy to turn and closer to 10 significantly stiffer.

Worst thing is.. it won't stay in tune. I have to constantly retune every 10 mins or so. I have read others having this same problem with the desktop unit. Do the keyboard versions behave better with tuning? Definitely a deal breaker if it won't stay in tune :( I have zero tuning issues with my other analog synths.
Caveat - I have keyboard version not desktop...

Blemishes - yeah that's not good. I'd return it if bothered by it.

Resistance - not noticed any issues like that with the keyboard - does anything seem bent/out of whack?

Tuning - not unusual to require frequent tuning early on as it saves tables of tuning data for different operating temperatures. This should settle down after a few days of use, tuning whenever it seems out. If you're in a room which varies temp a lot this can take a while to cover the range.

I still have to tune it fairly often - usually as some oscillator pairs end up closer to each other than others which screws up the sound when going for particular separation. We've had much hotter weather lately so maybe it's having to add to the table.

I wish Sequential would add a "fast tune" option which would just do the oscillator frequencies, as the complete tuning sequence is very slow.
lxm
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia ➡️

Resistance - not noticed any issues like that with the keyboard - does anything seem bent/out of whack?

Tuning - not unusual to require frequent tuning early on as it saves tables of tuning data for different operating temperatures. This should settle down after a few days of use, tuning whenever it seems out. If you're in a room which varies temp a lot this can take a while to cover the range.

I still have to tune it fairly often - usually as some oscillator pairs end up closer to each other than others which screws up the sound when going for particular separation. We've had much hotter weather lately so maybe it's having to add to the table.

I wish Sequential would add a "fast tune" option which would just do the oscillator frequencies, as the complete tuning sequence is very slow.
Nothing bent no. Box was in perfect shape. Maybe I just got a bad one?

I guess I'll keep tuning for the next couple of days and see if it stabilizes. Fingers crossed.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxm ➡️

My module is similar but no blemishes.
Tuning takes time to settle. I was concerned in the beginning. (My OB6 got there faster.)
I have one knob that gets a little stiffer at 2 o’clock and then lighter again but it is acceptable and doesn’t bother me when doing sound design, because I change in small increments anyway.

I did send my OB6 module back two times though, because of super wobbly pots. QC might not be Sequential‘s superpower. But the synths and sound quality truly is.
Old 15 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia ➡️

The tuning issue is definitely normal and you can expect it to stabilise quite well, just run the tuning process regularly at different temperatures.

Can't help with the other issues, if it is blemished that's grounds for a return for sure.
Old 7 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Head

The tuning in my Rev 4 starts about 1/2 step down and slowly rises to standard pitch over about 10 minutes. Is this normal for the Rev4?
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA2A ➡️
The tuning in my Rev 4 starts about 1/2 step down and slowly rises to standard pitch over about 10 minutes. Is this normal for the Rev4?
I’d try pressing tune as soon as you turn it on so it stores calibration settings for “cold” - then it should be in tune from the get go.
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Weird pads with and without reverb.

📝 Reply