New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10 - Page 319 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotecho ➡️
Those of you who've ordered the expansion card, has anyone got shipping confirmation yet? I ordered on the day and the status has just remained at "processing". I sent a follow up email to Sequential 2 days ago and haven't got a reply.

I'm sure they've been hit with high demand for this card but it would be nice just to get some confirmation on the expected shipping date, it's an expensive pcb!
I emailed Support for an update. Got a nice passive-aggressive reply LOL. Expected to ship this week but if I don’t like it I “can always cancel” my order.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by le bouch ➡️
I emailed Support for an update. Got a nice passive-aggressive reply LOL. Expected to ship this week but if I don’t like it I “can always cancel” my order.
Okaaaaay. Guess that solves that then. I'll just back away slowly and wait patiently. Everything's fine guys, I loves ya!
Gear Nut

Quote:
Okaaaaay. Guess that solves that then. I'll just back away slowly and wait patiently. Everything's fine guys, I loves ya!
I can't even order one.
The webstore won't accept my card. Everywhere else likes it..... :-(
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muz66 ➡️
I can't even order one.
The webstore won't accept my card. Everywhere else likes it..... :-(
I had issues too. Try from a different IP. In the end I did it from my phone - turned Wi-fi off and did it over 4G.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yeah, I must admit I was expecting a little more San Franciscan peace and love when I reached out / reached around, whatever they insist on bloody calling it
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yeah, I must admit I was expecting a little more San Franciscan peace and love when I reached out / reached around, whatever they insist on bloody calling it
I am almost certain they've been completely swamped with orders and it is probably crazy there.

Also, definitely not "reach around". :p
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoRoom ➡️
True, would probably be most beneficial for those who want to see the layout of existing patches without having to turn each knob so the dot comes on in the LED display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage ➡️
And as a simple patch librarian to back up patches
My thoughts exactly!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoTron ➡️
My thoughts exactly!
I believe the SoundTower editor will come into its own if / when they support OS2. To be able to audition then drag / drop layers and splits (based on patch name rather than number) will help my fuzzy brain
Gear Nut

Quote:
I had issues too. Try from a different IP. In the end I did it from my phone - turned Wi-fi off and did it over 4G.
Ok thanks. Good to know it's not just me then.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Whoa I totally missed the expansion card thing! Nice! Do we get a new sticker?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 ➡️
Maybe I’m wrong, but since it was said in anger I doubt it.
You’re wrong.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I believe the SoundTower editor will come into its own if / when they support OS2. To be able to audition then drag / drop layers and splits (based on patch name rather than number) will help my fuzzy brain

Their support team responded to me, update : Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Yes, we will make Prophet 5/10 software updates reflecting new additions. It should be ready within the next couple of weeks.

Regards,
Mark

SOUNDTOWER
Customer Support
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybland ➡️
Their support team responded to me, update : Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Yes, we will make Prophet 5/10 software updates reflecting new additions. It should be ready within the next couple of weeks.

Regards,
Mark

SOUNDTOWER
Customer Support
Nice. Hopefully they’ll improve the resolution of the graphics one day. I find it a bit painful.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Does the new prophet do micro tuning?
BM0
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican ➡️
Does the new prophet do micro tuning?
Yes, it includes a variety of alternative tunings, including micro tunings, and can be replaced with custom tunings via SysEx.
Gear Head

micro tunings only as a global setting or per patch? like the round robin option, it would be so much more useful per patch. i've got synths where globals can be per patch, maybe its possible in a future update?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
My expansion card has shipped. It's happening!
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Just got the notification, voice board arriving tomorrow. Shiieets.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Machinery ➡️
My expansion card has shipped. It's happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redonyellow ➡️
Just got the notification, voice board arriving tomorrow. Shiieets.
I'm not sitting here mashing refresh in Outlook, YOU'RE sitting there mashing refresh in Outlook!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Which Panel OS do you guys have?
"Hold Global and press 2. It will display the current panel OS on the screen."

I have 1.0.0 on my P10.

I just got a 1.1.2 version from Seq. support in order to try and solve my Volume bug in OS 2.

Why do I have such a low number? Are the panel OS never updated in the regular OS sysex?

The separate panel os sysex file were taken down in December because some people bricked their prophets installing it in some kind of wrong way.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter7508 ➡️
Which Panel OS do you guys have?
"Hold Global and press 2. It will display the current panel OS on the screen."

I have 1.0.0 on my P10.

I just got a 1.1.2 version from Seq. support in order to try and solve my Volume bug in OS 2.

Why do I have such a low number? Are the panel OS never updated in the regular OS sysex?

The separate panel os sysex file were taken down in December because some people bricked their prophets installing it in some kind of wrong way.
I am not in front of my Prophet 10 but I am almost sure my panel OS is ver. 1.1.2. I wouldn't worry about this number being low, it's just that the main OS and the panel OS have different version numbers.

Eagerly awaiting for Sequential to fix those issues that appeared with 2.0 OS.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
On my P-6 and OB-6:

If I press HOLD + PORTAMENTO + 3, it will give me a readout of the current temperature.

On the P-10:

The temperature is briefly displayed when pressing TUNE.

But is there a way to check it on the P-10 without going down the tune road?..
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Arrived, here is what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
New Sequential Prophet 5 and 10-img-5515.jpg  
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I have my P5 almost 2 months now and all i can say is it is total disaster.
Every time i'm in my studio i want to play on this synth, its sound inspire me to play new things and i can't finish any song because i always want to twist knobs and with each twist i find new sounds that are also great. What's more i barely play other synths.
I don't recommend this synth.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiTeR-aR ➡️
Every time i'm in my studio i want to play on this synth, its sound inspire me to play new things and i can't finish any song because i always want to twist knobs and with each twist i find new sounds that are also great. What's more i barely play other synths.
I agree!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 ➡️
I agree!
Do you still have your River? If yes, how does the P5 compare? I‘m debating again if I should get a P5 after all
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTBatmaN ➡️
Do you still have your River? If yes, how does the P5 compare? I‘m debating again if I should get a P5 after all
Yes, I still have The River. The River and The P5/10 have totally different sound vibes....to my ears at least, so I couldn't choose one over the other. You might at least consider selling your soul to the highest bidder so that you can get both.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 ➡️
Yes, I still have The River. The River and The P5/10 have totally different sound vibes....to my ears at least, so I couldn't choose one over the other. You might at least consider selling your soul to the highest bidder so that you can get both.
Haha okay thanks, if they don't suddenly stop making them within the next 1-2 years I will be able to add a P5 (for the badge) and an expansion board (for the voices) even without selling my soul or kidneys I just want to make sure the P5 wouldn't be redundant.
I'm also looking at the CODE, but for the price I can get a P10 AND a Waldorf M, so nope
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Has anyone done or heard a comparison between the Prophet 5 and the new Take 5? Thoughts?
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiTeR-aR ➡️
Love this.
📝 Reply