The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Maschine standalone - Maschine+ is here!
Old 30th June 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Maybe they decided to give it to M+owners for free, perhaps to counter the attention the MPC got recently with the launch of the Key 61 and its new instruments.

I cant say for sure though because although I dont own Komplete I did already own the desktop version of Vintage Organs (I think I got it as a crossgrade after previous purchasing some stuff they obsoleted from the Kore era).
Old 30th June 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Strange they didn't announce it. Nice touch though. Hopefully there will be a few more instrument updates soon...I could do with a nice EP on M+ e.g Vintage Keys or Mark One.
Old 1st July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubiedubie ➡️
Strange they didn't announce it. Nice touch though. Hopefully there will be a few more instrument updates soon...I could do with a nice EP on M+ e.g Vintage Keys or Mark One.
I have enjoyed using Past2Future Samples' epiano patches in my M+. They are pretty cheap and there's many flavours to choose from.
Old 1st July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows ➡️
Maybe they decided to give it to M+owners for free, perhaps to counter the attention the MPC got recently with the launch of the Key 61 and its new instruments.

I cant say for sure though because although I dont own Komplete I did already own the desktop version of Vintage Organs (I think I got it as a crossgrade after previous purchasing some stuff they obsoleted from the Kore era).
Interesting.. I'll power up my M+ and check if there is new content available

EDIT: nothing new showing up.. guess it requires a licence (or Komplete)
Old 2nd July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
They added absynth on accident once and took it away, perhaps this is like that.
Old 2nd July 2022
Here for the gear

Showed up for me (Komplete owner) and downloaded and working ok - very nice addition.
Old 5th July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hi guys!
1. The vsts on Maschine Plus are they full, like can you do a sound from scratch on them, just like on computer? Any limitations?
2. Can you use the piano roll just like on Mpc, inserting notes just like a Daw piano roll?
3. Can the Maschine Plus be used just like MK3 with the computer, or different, or not at all?
Thanks a lot!
Old 5th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Hi guys!
1. The vsts on Maschine Plus are they full, like can you do a sound from scratch on them, just like on computer? Any limitations?
2. Can you use the piano roll just like on Mpc, inserting notes just like a Daw piano roll?
3. Can the Maschine Plus be used just like MK3 with the computer, or different, or not at all?
Thanks a lot!
1. No, limited sound editing. Sound design really needs to be done on the computer.

2. There is a piano roll, but there is no insert note function. What you can do is copy and paste a note.

3. Yes, just like mk3
Old 6th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Hi guys!
2. You can use the step recording and if you have a Ni jam, that’s very easy.
Old 6th July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sound editing on Massive and FM8 are limited on the standalone, which does not expose all the important parameters. However, all other synths (including Reaktor user synths) do expose all their parameters, so sound design is possible, just not on FM8 & Massive
Old 12th July 2022
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
how are things with the M+ lately? how's the latest update with the auto-sampler? i know Monark is good, how is the recent Polysynth? works fine standalone? fully editable? (sorry, i should know all this by now. just catching up.)

any progress with the file system for user samples? i'd be doing a lot of that, sampling/recording into it. am i right in thinking that you're fine with recorded samples (they'd just be saved with the Project?), but it the organization of imported samples/sets that's the issue? i think my main use for it would be as a sampler and recording longer parts as stems. is CPU usage reasonable when using mainly audio and not synths, etc?

it was $1499 on release, right? then $1199 for a minute, now $1299?
Old 12th July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc ➡️
how are things with the M+ lately? how's the latest update with the auto-sampler? i know Monark is good, how is the recent Polysynth? works fine standalone? fully editable? (sorry, i should know all this by now. just catching up.)

any progress with the file system for user samples? i'd be doing a lot of that, sampling/recording into it. am i right in thinking that you're fine with recorded samples (they'd just be saved with the Project?), but it the organization of imported samples/sets that's the issue? i think my main use for it would be as a sampler and recording longer parts as stems. is CPU usage reasonable when using mainly audio and not synths, etc?

it was $1499 on release, right? then $1199 for a minute, now $1299?
Autosampler is pretty good, works like expected. Some people claim hit or miss with autoloop point setting tho.

The polysynth is the ye olde Pro 53 softsynth ported to headless. Every parameter editable and automatable AFAIK. Still sounds OK, but nothing that would blow your socks off in 2022.

User sample management is still a mess. I feel like this isn't something that's going to change any time soon. NI seem hell bent on relying on tagged content libs, and untagged content will always be a pain.

Projects do save with their own samples just fine, but there are a couple of niggles, like saving a copy of a project might not resave the samples and your project copy can then sometimes cry "missing samples" when reloading. For important stuff, it's safest to save the whole sound/group with samples separately if you intend to reuse stuff. You are always advised to rename your sound slots before you sample into them, as this will then also assign that sound slot name to the actual sample file names.

As a last resort, you can always plug the SD to the computer and use desktop Maschine to clean up any "missing samples" mess.

About that price. I've seen people sell these second hand for like 600€ (before last update to be fair but still) , you might want to reconsider buying new
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
cool, thanks! good point on buying used if i can find a nice one.

how are the newer encoders/knobs holding up? any problems with uneven resistance like on the Studio and MK2/3's? that's what's keeping me from getting another MK3, been using my original controller (sure glad i held onto it).
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc ➡️
cool, thanks! good point on buying used if i can find a nice one.

how are the newer encoders/knobs holding up? any problems with uneven resistance like on the Studio and MK2/3's? that's what's keeping me from getting another MK3, been using my original controller (sure glad i held onto it).
No uneven encoders on mine, but one of the encoders has started glitching a bit randomly. Nothing major yet, might even be firmware related, but it is a bit concerning..
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c ➡️
No uneven encoders on mine, but one of the encoders has started glitching a bit randomly. Nothing major yet, might even be firmware related, but it is a bit concerning..
Dude, this happened to me - if you’re still under warranty, I advise you report to NI customer support asap and they will get it repaired/replaced. It’s a known issue and chances are it will get worse till it becomes unusable.
Old 13th July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoshannell ➡️
Dude, this happened to me - if you’re still under warranty, I advise you report to NI customer support asap and they will get it repaired/replaced. It’s a known issue and chances are it will get worse till it becomes unusable.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll contact NI CS if/when it happens again
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is the unit solid now with 1.4 (latestOS?)..

Like live set solid as in 100% stable?

what's the status on 3rd party USB soundcard support?

Thx

Last edited by NuG3nda; 2 days ago at 06:30 PM..
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
It is solid for production but I'd still feel nervous with it live as I still seem to get occasional CPU crunch on even simple projects. However, my Tascam Model 12 works great with it.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Anyone got this bad boi rockin reliably with a Cranborne r8 as interface?
📝 Reply