Looks like Akai trying to get more into the mpc ecosysyem

Old 21st July 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Meh.
Old 21st July 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks like a great tool for those of us without MPC gear and experience. Good precursor to picking up a Live or One imo.
Old 21st July 2020
Gear Addict

Everyone needs an entrance point. It's a good thing really.
Old 21st July 2020
Gear Head

How can Akai get more into the mpc ecosysyem?
Old 21st July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator Music ➡️
Everyone needs an entrance point. It's a good thing really.
Gateway way drug.. First ones free..
Old 21st July 2020
Lives for gear

Seems like a good way for Akai to sell more MPK controllers, sample packs, and maybe hook some new customers for the MPC units. Judging by the product page, it looks very targeted at young people who are curious about producing but low on disposable income.

I can see this being bundled into hardware controller purchases as a differentiator.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping ➡️
I can see this being bundled into hardware controller purchases as a differentiator.
Basically filling in the role that the MPC Elements software use to fill.

I wonder if you can run more than one instance of the plug-in version of this software, like you could with Elements. That would make Beats appeal to those who already own the full version as well.
Old 21st July 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by goony ➡️
Looks like Akai trying to get more into the mpc ecosysyem

Wow there's so much to pick apart here, and I'm just talking about the thumbnail!

His hair, his goofy expression mid-frame, THE FACT THAT THERE'S ONLY ONE PORT COMING OUT OF THE BACK OF THAT THING HE'S DISPLAYING, etc. ad infinitum...

Ya lost me, video...ya lost me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehighesttree ➡️
Wow there's so much to pick apart here, and I'm just talking about the thumbnail!

His hair, his goofy expression mid-frame, THE FACT THAT THERE'S ONLY ONE PORT COMING OUT OF THE BACK OF THAT THING HE'S DISPLAYING, etc. ad infinitum...

Ya lost me, video...ya lost me.
Havent got a clue what your on about, as video is about the Free MPC Beats software!!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by goony ➡️
Havent got a clue what your on about, as video is about the Free MPC Beats software!!
Sounds cool, I just wasn't giving it a chance. I mean, there isn't even anything plugged into that outlet, COME ON NOW!
Old 21st July 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I like it, because it looks simple, well designed and effective, and not overwhelmed with endless features to distract you from creativity.

Maybe is time for a new Akai midi keyboard controller to work perfectly this new MPC Beats?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice187 ➡️
Maybe is time for a new Akai midi keyboard controller to work perfectly this new MPC Beats?
Their last keyboard centered around the integration it had with their VIP software, which I enjoyed and used for quite some time.

If they can convert enough MPC Beats users over to the full version of the MPC Software, a new keyboard designed to tightly interact with both the MPC and VIP software would be interesting, IMO.
Old 21st July 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
This was my first touch with the Akai MPC workflow and I already produced my first beat with the Akai MPC Beats!

Is this real life? This is amazing, I have never seen so fast and pleasant workflow in my life, and I’m producing music for almost 20 years!

Yet, I can’t figure out how to load sounds to a Template, and how to manipulate and chop the built- in samples. And how to change the tempo, when I set it to 90.00 it returns to 120.00, anyway this is just the beginning, I’m planning to go deep with this MPC workflow.

Now the thing is that I don’t know what Akai midi keyboard is the best for this MPC Beats workflow, ironically the only Akai controller that I have in my setup right now is the Akai Fire for the FL Studio. Anyway, I tested the MPC Beats in my Laptop with my launchkey mini MK3 and it recognizes it and even the pads are pre - mapped with the samples in the drum/sample track!

Of course I want something better now and definitely to be a keyboard controller from Akai. Right now I searched for the MPK mini 25 MK2 and I realized that it isn’t available anymore at Thomann or in stores here in my area, so, that means that it is out of the production lines.

I’m 95% convinced that the new Akai MPK mini 25 is coming and Akai with the MPC Beats prepares the users for the new integration and all the other good stuff.

I'm in love with Akai...
Old 22nd July 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just installed it. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I've been trying out Magenta/Tensorflow stuff lately. I wonder how this would on with that?

Regardless, looks like a good time. I'll have something banged out on it by week's end, knowing myself.
Old 22nd July 2020
Lives for gear

Seems like Akai's strategy is already working!
Old 22nd July 2020
Lives for gear

Ahh so that's what it is?? MPC Element or Essentials or whatever it was called? The free one track version you got with the controllers?
I started downloading it but noticed the filename was v2.8.1 which is where the MPCs are at right now. Figured they just rebadged the MPC Software nobody wants to pay $200 for..
Old 22nd July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata ➡️
Ahh so that's what it is?? MPC Element or Essentials or whatever it was called? The free one track version you got with the controllers?
I started downloading it but noticed the filename was v2.8.1 which is where the MPCs are at right now. Figured they just rebadged the MPC Software nobody wants to pay $200 for..
I’m thinking it’s similar to Roland’s strategy with buying Stagelight and turning it into Zenbeats.
Old 22nd July 2020
Lives for gear

Whatever they're doing they need to hire someone new for their videos already I cant even watch em because of that guy. I keep waiting for him to call me bro and try to show me his new vegan tribal tattoo or something. Did he quantize the hell out of everything in this video too? He seems to love to hit that button after every step he does heh.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Whatever they're doing they need to hire someone new for their videos already I cant even watch em because of that guy. I keep waiting for him to call me bro and try to show me his new vegan tribal tattoo or something. Did he quantize the hell out of everything in this video too? He seems to love to hit that button after every step he does heh.
I didn’t make it past the intro.
Old 22nd July 2020
Deleted 6fe7d4e
Quote:
This was my first touch with the Akai MPC workflow and I already produced my first beat with the Akai MPC Beats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood ➡️
Just installed it.
How did you guys even get a download link? I requested one over 12 hours ago...nada. Requested again today. Two other people I know have been unable to get a link. So far, it's worth every penny

Quote:
Whatever they're doing they need to hire someone new for their videos already I cant even watch em because of that guy.
He's been with Akai for years, I've seen him on a few Sonicstate videos with Nick B. He has to play to his market audience which isn't a doddering old geezer like me.
Deleted 6fe7d4e
Quote:
I don’t know what Akai midi keyboard is the best for this MPC Beats workflow
You don't need an Akai controller, that's the whole point. Of course they show you Akai controllers in the videos. The vids mention a list of controllers they have scripts/templates/whatever for, but I haven't found it yet.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneblack ➡️
How can Akai get more into the mpc ecosysyem?
That's what I was wondering when I read that..? Seems AKAI like to work backwards, make their best gear 30 years ago and progressively make worse and worse gear right up till this thing.

They should have just cloned the MPC 60 with a few new features and done a serious job of it and that be enough, as it stands now they have so many variations of the MPC it's almost silly. Having said that this software is ok I'll download and have a play just to get the sounds, plus I already have a little AKAI mini controller so it should be painless to mess about with and a bit of fun.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by enossified ➡️
How did you guys even get a download link? I requested one over 12 hours ago...nada. Requested again today. Two other people I know have been unable to get a link. So far, it's worth every penny
Go here.
Deleted 6fe7d4e
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgood ➡️
Been there twice already. Oh well.
Old 22nd July 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Got my download linkwithin 5 minutes, checked Spam?
Old 22nd July 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
We need a new Akai controler seriously. As you can see in the youtube videos, Andy performs on MPC Beats with advance integration with his MPK mini 25 MK2.

I tried to map my Launckhey mini 25 MK3 to make beats like Andy, to map the knobs and nothing, only the pads are pre – mad to correspond properly to the Akai samples once you have opened a template.

Trust me, I know what I’m talking about, this MPC Beats can be used with every midi controller of course, but with an Akai midi keyboard controller maybe we can have a little bit better functionality.

All depend from Akai of course, and how it’s a good strategy for them to produce a new midi keyboard series for their new MPC software. Because, yea this is basically the old MPC Essentials, but it is more advanced and the workflow is better. So, we have something completely new but without a dedicated midi keyboard controller, and this comes from Akai…!

And the thing is that Andy plays awesome and cool with his MPK mini 25 MK2, but the MPK mini 25 MK2 isn’t available anymore at the stores!

Hardware integration is an important thing and Akai they know that. The MPC Beats in my opinion is awesome, but with no advanced integration with some hardware controller the mousing will occupy the 50 % of your movements in the beat making and working process.

I don’t want to complain because this is amazing, and bravo deserves to Akai, but it would make more sense this to be associated with a new Akai midi keyboard controller. Akai they know how to produce great controllers anyway.
Old 22nd July 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Link is available now but is hella slow here..
Old 22nd July 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Oh god he's still there
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

And the thing is that Andy plays awesome and cool with his MPK mini 25 MK2, but the MPK mini 25 MK2 isn’t available anymore at the stores!
anyway.
Yes it is here in UK.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/akai-mpk...oller-keyboard

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/akai-mpk-mi...keyboard/99308

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKAI-Profes..._GB&th=1&psc=1

https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards...n-Keyboard/XFC
📝 Reply