The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mpc beats
Old 31st August 2020
I have been using MPC 2.0 (identical to the MPC Beats) for a while now and have an MPC Live which is great with the software. I just picked up the MPK Mini Mk3 because I wanted a keyboard for my MPC Live and thought this would go well with, especially the all black. I agree with Proverbs though that I wouldn't recommend it either as a primary controller for the software.
Old 1st November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
can someone comment as to how similar the free beats software is, to the full version, that comes with the X.

are they the same architecture.

thanks Buddha
Old 1st November 2020 | Show parent
dsy
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BUDDHA ➡️
can someone comment as to how similar the free beats software is, to the full version, that comes with the X. Are they the same architecture?
thanks Buddha
Same software but limitations: 8 MIDI tracks, 2 audio tracks, etc
Of course you get more samples with MPC X.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy ➡️
Same software but limitations: 8 MIDI tracks, 2 audio tracks, etc
Of course you get more samples with MPC X.
thanks.

so the lay out and design is basically the same with the full version?

just with 128 tracks instead of 8, audio and midi?
dsy
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BUDDHA ➡️
thanks.
so the lay out and design is basically the same with the full version?
just with 128 tracks instead of 8, audio and midi?
Layout/design is not basically the same but exactly the same.

The only limitations:
- Up to 8 MIDI tracks
- Up to 2 stereo audio tracks
- 4 Send channels and 8 Submix channels

Please download the demo version of MPC Software and compare your-self.
Old 14th November 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
apologies for the pretty basic question but I am kind of novice here.

I just downloaded MPC Beats on my Mac. Played with it a bit, nice, but...

I just don't understand how can I load drum-kits to a new empty project.

I mean, all demos and templates have some specific drumkits already loaded, but how can I load another one.
I just can't find a way to do that in the UI.
I am sure it should be trivial.

When I open the Media Browser and i click the Program Icon the list is empty, If I click the Project icon I can instead see the list of demo projects (i.e. Basic Template, Classic House Demo, etc.)

Can someone help me please
dsy
Gear Head

Quote:
When I open the Media Browser and i click the Program Icon the list is empty
You have to install Expansions provided with MPC Beats:
- MPC Beats Producer Kits
- F9 Instruments
The download links are available in the email sent by Akai when you requested to download MPC Beats.
You can request another email message if you lost it: https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-beats

After expansions installation, you will get programs (sounds) into the Media browser.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy ➡️
You have to install Expansions provided with MPC Beats:
- MPC Beats Producer Kits
- F9 Instruments
After expansions installation, you will get programs (sounds) into the Media browser.
oh my!
that was so obvious.

I'd been deceived by the the fact that after installing the application you can indeed use drumkits but they are part of demo projects and cannot be accessed/loaded individually

apologies and thnx a lot
Old 27th November 2020
Deleted 43e8601
If AKAI is lurking around here, Your software still suffer from the exact same issue after all these years (8 years since MPC Renaissance?). As far as I know, Your DAW doesn't work properly with foreign keyboards and the shortcuts/key assignations/pad assignation are all over the place. That such a basic problem has never been solved is just absolutely crazy from a QA perspective.
Old 29th September 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Same issue here, just copped myself an MPD 218 mostly with the intent to use it as a drum controller with Logic (Drummer, Battery, etc).
As the MPC Beats software is included I thought I'd give it a go and see how it stacks up.

From the AKAI account page of registered products/downloads available, they don't make it very clear that you need to install the Producer Beats package. In the email you get once you register the unit telling you to download MPC Beats, at the bottom there is a window that states "INCLUDED CONTENT" with the Producer Kits, Templates and F9 instruments (what that is, I don't even know yet). Lo and behold, under each one of these lies a MAC and PC button which is clickable. So there you have the assumption that you must actually download them separately (despite the mention of "INCLUDED CONTENT" above it all, hmmm, ok.

So then I download the Producers Beat package and get presented with an error message that it cannot be verified, something about a malicious software warning (pic attached). Wow, things are going from bad to worse really quickly, thanks AKAI.

Next, all the pads output to midi channel 10, and a YouTube video showed me how to change them all to 1 in a pinch. So I got this thing to work in Logic, trigger a simple Drummer track just to experiment, but I can't get it to trigger in MPC Beats standalone. I hear the sounds when I click on the pads from the GUI, but the MPD218 isn't responding with it.

Oh, and speaking of GUI, as many have mentioned, it seems overly convoluted to me on first impression. Maybe it will get easier with time though as it wasn't my intention to start learning a new program, this GUI is far from luring me in to say the least. Too many buttons and icons crammed close together.

I've had my MPK Mini2 for years and love it to bits, that thing was literally plug and play with zero issues, and I was expecting the same from this MPD 218 but so far I'm pulling my hair out from trying to get something so simple to just work out of the box.

I wrote to AKAI, nicely asked for help/suggestions, perhaps a user error on my part/something I overlooked... here's hoping.
Attached Thumbnails
Mpc beats-screen-shot-2021-09-29-5.46.46-pm.jpg  
Old 29th September 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ 007 Cop MPC 2 software instead and get an MPK Mini MK3 as it doesn't and won't disappoint. I'm running Big Sur. Ask @ OneHipSista about the MK3.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame ➡️
@ 007 Cop MPC 2 software instead and get an MPK Mini MK3 as it doesn't and won't disappoint. I'm running Big Sur. Ask @ OneHipSista about the MK3.
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm good.
I have the MPK Mini mk2 (as a secondary travel controller) and it also doesn't disappoint, I don't really need the mk3.

Again, I got the 218 mostly for the pads to use in Logic.
I have my custom kits built over the years and pretty much all the drums I need already.
I'm only experimenting with MPC Beats as it comes bundled with the unit.
I have a comfortable and efficient workflow as it is so if I never get it to work I won't lose any sleep over it!

Deleted 43e8601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 43e8601 ➡️
If AKAI is lurking around here, Your software still suffer from the exact same issue after all these years (8 years since MPC Renaissance?). As far as I know, Your DAW doesn't work properly with foreign keyboards and the shortcuts/key assignations/pad assignation are all over the place. That such a basic problem has never been solved is just absolutely crazy from a QA perspective.
AKAI, One year later, the issue is NOT solved.

Not everybody on the planet is using a QWERTY keyboard and all your shortcuts are mapped to the wrong keys WITHOUT the possibility of changing the shortcut assignations.

Please correct that and the numerous bugs / UI problems that makes your software a horror to use.
Old 20th October 2021
Here for the gear

MPC Beats opinion

Hi, I want to download the program and I found this site in which besides giving the option I can download MPC Beats and talk a little about its particularities in relation to other DAWs.

The truth is that I have used the program and under my point of view is very archaic to use ... anyway to be free this acceptable we could say

Before downloading and installing you can take a look to see if you like it.

Greetings

📝 Reply