Quantcast
Waldorf Iridium - Page 112 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Iridium
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by on4cet ➡️
I guess I need to do that when the impulse is connected to my laptop, right ? Will do that next time, first look for midi monitor software. Meanwhile I'll continue to search the web for similar problems.
probably easiest - I use snoize midi monitor on my mac, it's really useful for finding rogue bits of data that cause issues:

https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_xyz ➡️
probably easiest - I use snoize midi monitor on my mac, it's really useful for finding rogue bits of data that cause issues:

https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/
I just did a firmware update on the Impulse and needed Midi-OX for that, this also has a Midi monitor, and everything looked normal. The startup messages cannot be seen as it only powers up upon connection to the usb port.
After the upgrade of the firmware I tried again to connect it to the Iridium, and maybe I did not see it before because it only shows up very briefly, but i get the message on the Iridium : 'Unknown USB device' 'Only MIDI and storage devices are detected'.
So this is really strange. Off course i can hook it up with a separate usb power supply and use the DIN Midi connection, but it should work with usb too :(
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by on4cet ➡️
I just did a firmware update on the Impulse and needed Midi-OX for that, this also has a Midi monitor, and everything looked normal. The startup messages cannot be seen as it only powers up upon connection to the usb port.
After the upgrade of the firmware I tried again to connect it to the Iridium, and maybe I did not see it before because it only shows up very briefly, but i get the message on the Iridium : 'Unknown USB device' 'Only MIDI and storage devices are detected'.
So this is really strange. Off course i can hook it up with a separate usb power supply and use the DIN Midi connection, but it should work with usb too :(
that is odd - that's what I'd expect to see for a non class-compliant midi device.
📝 Reply