Quantcast
Leak: Korg DX7 Clone? The OPSIX - Page 81 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Leak: Korg DX7 Clone? The OPSIX
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

korg got a lot right in the opsix.. but there's still room to fix their 'friday'
rushed development of the 1 bar sequencer and also at least offer dual sound and a split point with 32 voices available.

other items like the MPC, force, tr8, mc707, mc101 have had really useful firmware updates to extend the capabilities.
korg OPSIX isn't analogue so it's not 'set in stone' they can fix stuff.

come on korg 'you can do it'
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➡️
korg got a lot right in the opsix.. but there's still room to fix their 'friday'
rushed development of the 1 bar sequencer and also at least offer dual sound and a split point with 32 voices available.

other items like the MPC, force, tr8, mc707, mc101 have had really useful firmware updates to extend the capabilities.
korg OPSIX isn't analogue so it's not 'set in stone' they can fix stuff.

come on korg 'you can do it'
I don't even think it has really had a firmware update so be patient.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Plenty of useful info here:

Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➡️
i like the idea of the opsix but do wish it had a more useful sequencer and the 1 bar max... how useful is 1 bar?.. come on!
I was so pleased to see the Opsix had a real time sequencer, but yes, 16 notes is a real bummer.

It must be such an easy update to create 64 steps (or ideally 128 steps).

I see you can over dub too. It seems no one is doing a decent scratchpad realtime sequencer (always some stupid limitation or feature left out, like count in on the System 8). The JDXI one is superb however. (if only it had song mode and individual faders for the drum sounds.)

Good old Katsunori demonstrating the overdub here: from 15:22

Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

You praise the JDXI in the face of the OPSIX lacking for you but in the same breath conjure up some grumbles about that too..... no synth is perfect you just gotta make the best of it.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hi, guys!

Amazing synth but..

I have out of sync problem with my opsix.

Tried to sync it with elektron digitakt via midi (digi as master) and sequence in opsix sequencer goes out of sync exponentially. Tried to send clock from Ableton.. same..

Last firmware installed. There is no problen with sync digitakt and other synth.

Did anyone have such a problem? If yes, how did you fix it.

Could this be a hardware problem?
Should I send the synth to the warranty service?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resogun ➡️
You praise the JDXI in the face of the OPSIX lacking for you but in the same breath conjure up some grumbles about that too..... no synth is perfect you just gotta make the best of it.
JDXi is the closest I have found to a perfect scratch pad synth. Absolutely nothing wrong with hoping an update could appear to make it even better, I have read this thread, Quite a few have requested a larger note capacity for the Opsix.

If they update/expand it, I will be purchasing one.
Gear Head
Actually I really like the sequencer of the Opsix. I find it quite powerful (with its motion sequencer features, real-time/step recording, editing, up to 6 notes per step, etc.) but it's true that 1 bar is not enough!

I also love its chord memory function, I just you used it for the intro in this 2-minute video I just made (I wanted to build a small track using only FM synthesis for this one )

Hope you'll enjoy it

All the best,
GilJ.
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat ➡️
JDXi is the closest I have found to a perfect scratch pad synth. Absolutely nothing wrong with hoping an update could appear to make it even better, I have read this thread, Quite a few have requested a larger note capacity for the Opsix.

If they update/expand it, I will be purchasing one.
Yes JDXI is very good I have today literally dusted mine off and given it new sticky feet since it was wonky. It has charm and yields results fast.

I would love a follow up but I guess the spiritual successor is MC 101.

OPSIX with monotimbral can only serve up one sequence so it would need a companion, and is kind of gigantic in comparison.
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resogun ➡️
I would love a follow up but I guess the spiritual successor is MC 101.

I have been wondering if Roland might release a 'Keyboarded' MC101 as a kind of successor to the JDXi.
📝 Reply