The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia Keystep Pro
Old 7th November 2022
Here for the gear

Hi guys. I want to buy a keystep pro. Just a short question..its my first time with a midi hardware.
After i create a track, some melodies etc in keystep pro.. can i record the midi from keystep.. in the DAW tracks? Ableton and Studio one. Thanks
Old 7th November 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanges ➡️
Hi guys. I want to buy a keystep pro. Just a short question..its my first time with a midi hardware.
After i create a track, some melodies etc in keystep pro.. can i record the midi from keystep.. in the DAW tracks? Ableton and Studio one. Thanks
Yes, you sure can. You can create a midi track in your DAW, with the input set to the output of the KSP and whatever the KSP plays, the DAW will record.
Old 8th November 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Off course , just been sure to watch a video on youtube on how to use keystep pro as a midi controlller and how to sync it ..

I was thinking of doing a tuto on thta but don t use external cam on my channel ....be sure to de activate plugin. Delay compensation in case you don. t e input quantize recoridng to be the more accurate when registriying midi note in time during rec ...
Old 8th November 2022
Here for the gear

Thanks. I saw all the videos on YT, but no one did a video on how to transfer all the ideas saved in Keystep... to a DAW to do an arrangement, to build the final track.
Old 8th November 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Thanks. I saw all the videos on YT, but no one did a video on how to transfer all the ideas saved in Keystep... to a DAW to do an arrangement, to build the final track.
If your DAW is set to auto quantize, make sure the quantize is setup properly, so it catches all the little nuances of the midi being played, instead of it hard setting it to the grid.

Better yet, disable quantize altogether and set your buffer/latency to as low as possible, so your DAW can catch the KSP output as close as possible, to retain any groove you may have with swing, offset, etc.
Old 9th November 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Do these Arturia boxes (Keystep, Beatstep) support Hertz per Volt? I have some old Korg gear.
Old 11th November 2022
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Guyz a small question ...

The control knobs are basically acting like regular encoder while phiscally being endless style (allowing knob resolution) , can 't we use those in endlesss mode in controll mode ? it doesn't pick up values from daw and provoque jumps.... my minilab can do it ...please tell me we can via a mode or sub menu ?
Old 5th December 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetty ➡️
Do these Arturia boxes (Keystep, Beatstep) support Hertz per Volt? I have some old Korg gear.
Yes! The Keystep Pro works fine with Yamaha CS-15 and Behringer K-2.
Old 19th December 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head

Is track 1 an ‘either/or’ type of thing? Like can you control drums from the drum track AND sequence 4 synths at the same time?
Old 19th December 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Plissken ➡️
Is track 1 an ‘either/or’ type of thing? Like can you control drums from the drum track AND sequence 4 synths at the same time?
It's either/or for track 1 (unfortunately!). You can use 4 tracks max at the same time.
Old 20th December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilJ ➡️
It's either/or for track 1 (unfortunately!). You can use 4 tracks max at the same time.
This was actually requested, to allow the drum sequencer and the regular sequencer to be used simultaneously. They both have their own views of the step sequencer AND both have their own, independent midi channels, so in theory this should be possible, it just isn't programmed that way.

I am still hopeful there will be an unexpected firmware update that will allow this. Fingers crossed!
Old 20th December 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous ➡️
This was actually requested, to allow the drum sequencer and the regular sequencer to be used simultaneously. They both have their own views of the step sequencer AND both have their own, independent midi channels, so in theory this should be possible, it just isn't programmed that way.

I am still hopeful there will be an unexpected firmware update that will allow this. Fingers crossed!
That would be so cool if Arturia could do this
However I'm not sure it will be possible as it also depends if the KSP's processor can handle 5 tracks at the same time...
Old 21st December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

I was using my new Keystep Pro this weekend while recording some new tracks/jams at a friend.
I had all 4 tracks used and had a TR-505 connected and synced.
The sequence on track 1 also played the 505 (for those notes that corresponded with 505 sounds) and I haven't spent much time, but couldn't disable the drum track control, even though the 505 was on midi channel 10 and track 1 midi out on channel 1.

I just muted the 505 while using track 1 for synth sequence so we had a workaround.

Reading your post I assume there is a way to separate synth and drums on track 1? Or was it requested but never implemented?
Old 21st December 2022
DEA
Lives for gear

Will Arturia be shaking in their Beatle Boots now ?

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2022/12...sequencer.html
Attached Thumbnails
Arturia Keystep Pro-b_groove_key.jpg   Arturia Keystep Pro-b_groove_key_back.jpg  
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA ➡️
Will Arturia be shaking in their Beatle Boots now ?
i suggest to come back if this thing is actually available. There is already a thread about it.

No need to spam in this thread.
DEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emorc ➡️
i suggest to come back if this thing is actually available. There is already a thread about it.

No need to spam in this thread.
I think you misunderstood my post. I own an Arturia Keystep Pro. I will not be buying this Behringer product.

Hardly spamming. Just an FYI about Behringer walking the edge of taste and ethics again. Also that design sure looks cluttered.

- and thank you for the FYI about their already being a thread . . I did not know.

Last edited by DEA; 22nd December 2022 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: sPeling mIs Take
Old 22nd December 2022 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA ➡️
I think you misunderstood my post. I own an Arturia Keystep Pro. I will not be buying this Behringer product.

Hardly spamming. Just an FYI about Behringer walking the edge of taste and ethics again. Also that design sure looks cluttered.

- and thank you for the FYI about their aleady being a thread . . I did not know.
ok, sorry. Sometimes the relentless teasing of derivative products by this companies can be wear me out.

There were two threads already, actually ... but probably got merged.
Old 22nd December 2022
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Arturia should simply lower its prices , they can .....
Old 24th December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoTron ➡️
I was using my new Keystep Pro this weekend while recording some new tracks/jams at a friend.
I had all 4 tracks used and had a TR-505 connected and synced.
The sequence on track 1 also played the 505 (for those notes that corresponded with 505 sounds) and I haven't spent much time, but couldn't disable the drum track control, even though the 505 was on midi channel 10 and track 1 midi out on channel 1.

I just muted the 505 while using track 1 for synth sequence so we had a workaround.

Reading your post I assume there is a way to separate synth and drums on track 1? Or was it requested but never implemented?
Damn! This track sounds AMAZING! Totally oldskool, early 90s. Exactly my sound!
Old 25th December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Damn! This track sounds AMAZING! Totally oldskool, early 90s. Exactly my sound!
Not sure which track you are referring to
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Not sure which track you are referring to
The one in your signature. In fact, I must really enjoy this track, because I told you this in the past and totally forgot about it. I clicked on the link in SoundCloud and I had already liked and commented on this quite a while back. Once again, fantastic track and great job.
Lives for gear

Quote:
The one in your signature. In fact, I must really enjoy this track, because I told you this in the past and totally forgot about it. I clicked on the link in SoundCloud and I had already liked and commented on this quite a while back. Once again, fantastic track and great job.
Haha nice, thank you for the compliment!

Because you quoted me saying something about the recording I did last week, I was thinking in the wrong direction.
Old 27th December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Haha nice, thank you for the compliment!

Because you quoted me saying something about the recording I did last week, I was thinking in the wrong direction.
Actually, it wasn't just you. I actually thought the track in your signature WAS the track you said you just did. When I heard it, I thought oh ya, man I'm loving this! I then left you the comment. After that, I actually loaded the track in question, directly into Soundcloud to like and comment and it turns out, I already did! Long ago! That goes to show that I really do like the track and it wasn't just a fleeting thing. Keep it up. More of these oldskool tracks please. They actually have soul and life, unlike most music these days.
Old 29th December 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Just got my KSP a couple of weeks ago (and discovered the gear space forum this morning) so I figured I would check in.
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emodernist ➡️
Just got my KSP a couple of weeks ago (and discovered the gear space forum this morning) so I figured I would check in.
That's cool mate So have you been enjoying your KSP so far?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually, it wasn't just you. I actually thought the track in your signature WAS the track you said you just did. When I heard it, I thought oh ya, man I'm loving this! I then left you the comment. After that, I actually loaded the track in question, directly into Soundcloud to like and comment and it turns out, I already did! Long ago! That goes to show that I really do like the track and it wasn't just a fleeting thing. Keep it up. More of these oldskool tracks please. They actually have soul and life, unlike most music these days.
Hahaha nice story and thanks again for your kind words

I haven't uploaded a lot of music to soundcloud last years. Should do it more often again.
I have some new tunes in the pipeline and might even make an album. Not all this nostalgic 90s but all in the same sort of vibe.
I'll let you know when its up.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Hahaha nice story and thanks again for your kind words

I haven't uploaded a lot of music to soundcloud last years. Should do it more often again.
I have some new tunes in the pipeline and might even make an album. Not all this nostalgic 90s but all in the same sort of vibe.
I'll let you know when its up.
Please do. I am looking forward!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
I swear I checked the manual and tried to google this and couldn't find a straightforward answer, but is it possible to use all 4 gate/cv outs to play 4 semimodular monos together polyphonically?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklebackcreed ➡️
I swear I checked the manual and tried to google this and couldn't find a straightforward answer, but is it possible to use all 4 gate/cv outs to play 4 semimodular monos together polyphonically?
Nice feature which is available on some sequencers like the NDLR, but not the KSP as far as I know unfortunately!
📝 Reply