The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Poly D (Warp Drive)
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
That's it, I AM IN

Just had a wee chat with the other half about Moog D, explained the history and the cost of an OG... Showed her this, get it she says, gotta love a supportive Mrs

Order placed at Thomann

Now, how to contain myself
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

i have no idea of the whole, but the monopoly has 4 gates in front of the vcf that can turn the individual oscillators on and off.
furthermore, the envelope of the vca is restarted at each note, somehow that makes sense :D
Old 1st December 2019 | Show parent
Deleted baa19f3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➡️
That's it, I AM IN

Just had a wee chat with the other half about Moog D, explained the history and the cost of an OG... Showed her this, get it she says, gotta love a supportive Mrs

Order placed at Thomann

Jamie, that's great news. I bet it will play quite nicely with your Korg Odyssey.

Yes, my wife has been totally supportive over the decades and she pretty much responds the same way yours did...well, most of the time.
(sometimes I have to pretend I'm a car salesman and bring out every buying point I can. lol
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
That's it, I AM IN
I'm in too... but still waiting for Uli to confirm if the Bonopoly is actually on the table. I just don't have the space for both unfortunately.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Dear Wife's of gearslutz

This synth appears to be good value

We would always like them even cheaper

Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey ➡️
Jamie, that's great news. I bet it will play quite nicely with your Korg Odyssey.

Yes, my wife has been totally supportive over the decades and she pretty much responds the same way yours did...well, most of the time.
(sometimes I have to pretend I'm a car salesman and bring out every buying point I can. lol
yes i try not to push too hard, if you get a good un you do your best to keep her, it took me years of mistakes to learn

i am sure the D and Oddy will be very friendly that will be a heavyweight unison on day#1

i wonder if they may add a little more cv to the big D like the mini d before they deliver
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat ➡️
I'm in too... but still waiting for Uli to confirm if the Bonopoly is actually on the table. I just don't have the space for both unfortunately.
me neither and as good as the monopoly may be i want this more, i really wanted the argon and was set but this turning up is just one of those things, the reissue D stopped being produced as i was about 2.5k in savings, i was gutted and i am not buying something like that 2nd hand so i was like oh well that is that , thanks MOOG

This may not be moog but for all intents and purpose it is exactly the same and yet more, for me as a practical father and lover of synths that is enough
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch ➡️
i have no idea of the whole, but the monopoly has 4 gates in front of the vcf that can turn the individual oscillators on and off.
furthermore, the envelope of the vca is restarted at each note, somehow that makes sense :D
welcome back
Lives for gear

Quote:
welcome back
Helloooo to Jamie munro and THX for the support

to the topic, d*mn cool synth, which unfortunately will be sold out for a long time. 260k have seen the yt video.
I waited for boog for 1 year, but no stress,i take it easy
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
hahaha you remembered and NO PROBS BUDDY !

Back to this beauty

2 rocker switches for osc 2 and 3 with a destination option or two in the controllers section would be really nice eh, at least some fixed way of utilising the osc without us butchering

i will if i have to but i really don't wanna go drilling and soldering
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's it, I AM IN

Order placed at Thomann

welcome to the club!
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
welcome to the club!
indeed , i wonder how this club will build and if it will be small or grow as time moves toward the release

so thomann say 5-6 weeks......... let's see how it goes
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
indeed , i wonder how this club will build and if it will be small or grow as time moves toward the release

I got a date from them, 10/01. In the past, this has been fairly accurate.

I have to work out where to fit it now. Might need to go three-tier...
Deleted baa19f3
Quote:

If the club expands in size(which I'm sure it will), perhaps you should consider a spin off club for the wives...Behringer Poly D Wives Support Group.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
New telemark are still available, I almost bought a v2 k last night but stopped myself , in fact Bax have both versions
Do they actually have them new, in-stock?

Many places list them, but they're not actually available anymore.

I ran into the same thing with the Nyborg rack ears: they're listed, but if you try to order, you find out Analogue Solutions stopped making them earlier this year.

Edit: Looking at the BAX site, they say "available in 14 days" which is their generic order-on-demand text. When they try to order them, they'll find they are no longer available.

Pete
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
I have to work out where to fit it now. Might need to go three-tier...
Exactly my issue. This will be about same size as behringer oddy give or take so I know what to do.

I reckon I am going 3 tier, that or I'm making a couple of items take a holiday for a while in the attic so I can apply focus to smaller areas, I.e this when it arrives.

This could actually be the catalyst for a small workflow change
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 ➡️
Do they actually have them new, in-stock?

Many places list them, but they're not actually available anymore.

I ran into the same thing with the Nyborg rack ears: they're listed, but if you try to order, you find out Analogue Solutions stopped making them earlier this year.

Edit: Looking at the BAX site, they say "available in 14 days" which is their generic order-on-demand text. When they try to order them, they'll find they are no longer available.

Pete
Aaaaah. Buggers

Well Thomann have the 12 and 24 in stock if you were looking seriously
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Aaaaah. Buggers

Well Thomann have the 12 and 24 in stock if you were looking seriously
Thanks.

Yep, the Nyborg is still available. Tom @ Analogue Solutions said they have "plenty of stock" of that.

But the Telemark is no more. I managed to get one rack, but was considering the keyboard version when they disappeared. I don't really have room for it, anyway :P

Pic from earlier this year:

(But the Nyborg rack *ears* are no longer available. I asked, and Tom sent me the CAD drawings for them so I can make some for myself. That was super nice of him)

Pete
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Nice rack, can't say that too many time to a guy

I always wanted that telemark k but never quite got there, there was always a reason not to get it when I thought I had the cash

Oh well, that's life
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern ➡️
The synths or the wives?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilb ➡️
The synths or the wives?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dear Wife's of gearslutz

This synth appears to be good value

Or you have those rare instances like myself in which I'd be outbuying my spouse on synths, even if they're into synths too.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

This may not be moog but for all intents and purpose it is exactly the same and yet more, for me as a practical father and lover of synths that is enough
I have owned a few Moogs in my time, and the excellent Creamware MINIMAX ASB + Behringer Model D desktop. (and a few software versions that I forget the names)

For some unexplained reason I am more excited about this Poly D than any of the aforementioned ones.

Perhaps the the placebo of getting a some what improved version , at an extremely tempting price sways the notion a little.

I also think the whole 'Model D' experience (one of possibly being the ultimate performance synth ever) that being attached to a keyboard is paramount. A desktop instrument just isn't as desirable in this case. YMMV of course.
Lives for gear

21 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat ➡️
I also think the whole 'Model D' experience (one of possibly being the ultimate performance synth ever) that being attached to a keyboard is paramount. A desktop instrument just isn't as desirable in this case. YMMV of course.
Same here. Only reason I didn't buy the original Boog D was the desktop form factor. Same for their Bro One. Both appealing instruments, but not in a desktop only format.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezisehtnys ➡️
Or you have those rare instances like myself in which I'd be outbuying my spouse on synths, even if they're into synths too.
I just knew I was going to get caught out on that one...
Old 1st December 2019
vlz
Lives for gear

low freq osc example

So here's a vid as promised, show something you can do with an osc set to low freq. I have put it into the filter with high res (but not quite self osc) and modulated the low osc with an audio osc (that part is not necessary, but has an effect) and the filter with an LFO sample/hold.

This is the idea I described to @ xanderbeanz and shows you can do things with oscs set to lo as a sound source. This is the voyager so I only have osc 3 available. I can imagine interesting stuff from three or four independent oscs as in the Poly D.

Lives for gear

Quote:
I just knew I was going to get caught out on that one...
Haha it's ok, over all these years I've noticed it's predominantly males into my hobbies; rather it's music, cars, or video games. Us girls are out there though.
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlist1972 ➡️
Within 8 weeks now, if you mean Bax Netherlands.

Bax are being so generous as to offer a price reduction from € 859 to € 699, which annoys me more than it should. Couldn't say a bad thing about Bax, been using them for years, but they insist on offering great cut price deals which in reality are the normal online price.
Old 1st December 2019
Lives for gear

Do we know dimensions of Poly D yet?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomized ➡️
Do we know dimensions of Poly D yet?
Can't see anything on the web site, albeit I only downloaded the pics not the media pack

Not seen anything posted elsewhere
📝 Reply