New Expressive E Osmose

Must be cool by the reactions...

Where'd my wallet go???

Edit... It's out and its' very cool

Expressive E Osmose

Old 13th November 2019
Kja
Lives for gear
Oh god the tease!!! This seems huge from all the hype in the video!!
Old 13th November 2019
Gear Maniac

Probably a flute made of meat...
Old 13th November 2019
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Touche smudged between seaboard ..hmmm
Old 13th November 2019
Lives for gear

I’m guessing it is using the Touché tech with a full keyboard. Sort of a 25 individual key mini Touché controller. That would be very cool.
Old 14th November 2019
Kja
Lives for gear
In the video in looked like regular keys though..
How cool would it be if it was an accessory that fit under any keys and felt side to side motion or something.. or maybe poly aftertouch! That would be really cool, you could just got it on any synth you currently using..
Old 14th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kja ➡️
In the video in looked like regular keys though..
How cool would it be if it was an accessory that fit under any keys and felt side to side motion or something.. or maybe poly aftertouch! That would be really cool, you could just got it on any synth you currently using..
Yes regular keys with the Touché cylinders and sensors underneath.

https://www.expressivee.com/2x-touch...inal-cylinders
Old 14th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Just noticed that I got an email about this today that had one additional bit of info...

It's a collaboration with Haken Audio!

edit - ahh this is also mentioned in music press articles about the new product, which I hadnt read earlier either. Until just now I was just going by the hype video alone.
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Addict

An affordable expressive instrument? Now that would be a shock.
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Watch, it will probably be 49 or less keys, which will be of no interest to me.
Old 15th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobdude ➡️
Watch, it will probably be 49 or less keys, which will be of no interest to me.
I would think 25 keys max. Baby steps in the game.
Old 15th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I’ve owned a few different products including the Touche, the Haken Continuum and the Linnstrument, and the babysized Qunexus. My favourite, regrettably sold a few years ago, was the Continuum.

This has definitely caught my eye.
Old 20th November 2019
Deleted 2c2ba78
Osmose by Expressive E

Here it is... very, very intriguing!

Old 20th November 2019 | Show parent
Deleted 2c2ba78
You can reserve your place for an early bird unit (expected ship date: summer 2020) for $299 - early bird price $1079. Retail price for regular units: $1799.

I have been trying to reserve one but their site is mostly dead.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Looks and sounds good.

I wonder how the whole playing presets on your computer approach will work in the long run. I’m hoping it will support poly AT and MPE, so I can control synths that respond to those, vs being locked into specific software and using presets designed to work with this controller/instrument. I’m betting it’s at least MPE.

What I don’t particularly like is being tethered to the computer.

Very interesting.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory ➡️
Looks and sounds good.

I wonder how the whole playing presets on your computer approach will work in the long run. I’m hoping it will support poly AT and MPE, so I can control synths that respond to those, vs being locked into specific software and using presets designed to work with this controller/instrument. I’m betting it’s at least MPE.

Very interesting.
I thought this had an internal engine and didn't need to be hooked up to a computer too use it.
It's got stereo outputs and it's got the Egan matrix built in.
I do think this is a beautiful looking keyboard and looks very interesting but I want to know more about the internal synth and see if I can be use with lie software and roli equator.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
I really hope it's MPE too.
Also, all this detailed expressive control, and then they use pitch and mod sliders?!?
The internal sounds are good, but I'd love to know how editable they are.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory ➡️
Looks and sounds good.

Very interesting.
It has modes for Poly AT, MPE and MPE+ but I cant point in the right direction of info right now or double-check my facts as their website is overloaded.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy ➡️
I thought this had an internal engine and didn't need to be hooked up to a computer too use it.
It's got stereo outputs and it's got the Egan matrix built in.
Yep, like the Continuum and Continuumini in that respect, but again I didnt have time to double check my facts.
Deleted 2c2ba78
It HAS to fully support MPE - it would be pretty crazy if it did not.

If it's anything like the Touche, which I assume it is, then operation without a computer should be supported, at least once presets have been configured into it.

BTW I got my preorder in!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
One of the most exciting things I've seen in awhile!
I just want to vocally (or um textually) show my support for those that are creating innovative instruments like this.
I'm sure I will have to save quite a few dollars before I can show my support financially.

EDIT: Just saw the price. Wow, not bad at all!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
yep it can control external gear as well as vsts..and it can be used with roli equator
Deleted 2c2ba78
I had a Seaboard for a long while and never quite got past the occasional solo part, never quite got used to the gel keys - this thing looks like I will actually play!

Very exciting for piano players like myself.
Lives for gear
I made up my mind to preorder this within seconds of it popping up in a music radar email - a new gear-lust-to-acquisition speed record for me (well, almost acquisition).

I've been a Roli Rise owner for the past two years, and while loving its potential, as a pianist I've found the jelly keys too difficult to adjust to. I feel like I'm wearing mittens when I'm playing it, and I've pretty much given up on using it for anything that demands more than three or four fingers playing at a time.

So this appears on paper to be exactly what I've always been hoping for - fingers crossed it turns out as great as it looks.

I'm really quite excited about this!
Gear Nut

Wow. Just wow.

The action appears to be right up my alley (I could never get excited about the Seaboard approach/feel).

Frankly, they had me at Poly AT! I hardly ever get involved with pre-ordering products, but the build quality of their Touché gives me some confidence.

(The site is clearly overwhelmed, atm. Took 10 plus minutes of patience to get a reservation in)
Lives for gear

There’s a first look video up at Engadget as well: link.

Intriguing. I’m not 100% convinced to the level of placing a pre-order, but I agree the more conventional keyboard action combined with expressive polyphonic input is compelling. It’s great to see more entrants in a field that I hope gets even more crowded over the course of the next year.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino ➡️
You can reserve your place for an early bird unit (expected ship date: summer 2020) for $299 - early bird price $1079. Retail price for regular units: $1799.

I have been trying to reserve one but their site is mostly dead.
It's the same price in Euro including tax so that's actually not a bad price for what it is.

I really like that it's a standalone instrument as well as a standalone midi controller. And I have to say after all the the multicolored led mayhem of your usual crappy to high end controller keyboards this has got to be the best looking keyboard in a long time.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm the opposite of recent comments in that I am not a good pianist and I like the squishy Roli keys. But I still love the look of this thing, and have pre-ordered.

A long wait to actually find out what it feels like, but some of the videos make me think I can already tell that I'll like the feel and response. And I like the fact there is more than one sort of aftertouch in terms of things like at what stage of key travel the expressivity kicks in.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I cant decide which one to preorder...this or the asm hydrasynth.
Deleted 2c2ba78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows ➡️
I'm the opposite of recent comments in that I am not a good pianist and I like the squishy Roli keys. But I still love the look of this thing, and have pre-ordered.

A long wait to actually find out what it feels like, but some of the videos make me think I can already tell that I'll like the feel and response. And I like the fact there is more than one sort of aftertouch in terms of things like at what stage of key travel the expressivity kicks in.
Several people who have played the prototype have commented - check the Deckard's Dream user group on FB if you can. They have nothing but the highest praise for the feel and playability, so here's hoping!

The "gestures" video I linked above just BLEW MY MIND - took it to a whole other level IMO, so many possible articulations and ways to shape a performance.
📝 Reply