The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Osmose by Expressive E
Old 7th December 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

I like the mushy, attracted dolphin Seaboard. I'm expecting my Rise 2 any day.
Old 7th December 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriticalMass ➡️
Any other earlybirders here refreshing multiple times a day in hope that their magic "your Osmose is ready for delivery" email has arrived?
As a few hours later earlybirder than you, i just refresh this forum multiple times a day to check your update.
Mine should follow a few days later ;-)
Old 9th December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear
December 9th, and still no magic email. I feel like I'm five years old again waiting for Christmas - only, I can't even be certain Christmas will arrive this year.

And my catastrophising brain is now saying to me: "It must be because they found a critical and insurmountable flaw in the first production batch, and you're just going to have to make do with a Roli the rest of your life after all."
Gear Maniac

Quote:
December 9th, and still no magic email. I feel like I'm five years old again waiting for Christmas - only, I can't even been certain Christmas will ever arrive this year.

And my catastrophising brain is now saying to me: "It must be because they found a critical and insurmountable flaw in the first production batch, and you're just going to have to make do with a Roli the rest of your life after all."
The email did say "the second half" of December, so I wouldn't worry yet.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodataavailable ➡️
The email did say "the second half" of December, so I wouldn't worry yet.
Yeh, you're quite right - it did indeed. You might think that after waiting three years I could calmly wait three more weeks. You might think, but you would be wrong...
Old 9th December 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yeah I wasnt expecting an email yet, but my expectations shifted after a few people contacted them directly and were seemingly led to expect an email sooner than that, and mentioned this here. I've now set my expectations back to where they were originally.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have plenty going on at Xmas so not to bothered of its just before or just after... but it would brighten up a long cold January or February! What I would really like is a bit more info- maybe the user manual- how to videos...pictures of the final production unit on the web site (they still have the prototype mainly)... all that will make it feel more real!
Gear Maniac

I imagine they will be doing a proper launch when it is finally available, rather than drip feeding information.

Besides, all that would happen if they released the manual is people would comb through it and complain about something
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodataavailable ➡️
I imagine they will be doing a proper launch when it is finally available, rather than drip feeding information.

Besides, all that would happen if they released the manual is people would comb through it and complain about something
Well if they are shipping next week as they say then I think they will have to be a manual!
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➡️
Well if they are shipping next week as they say then I think they will have to be a manual!
I'm sure it's been written... just saying that they're unlikely to release it to the public before the actual instrument is released.
Old 11th December 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks like the website is being updated ready...

https://www.expressivee.com/2-osmose
Lives for gear
Holy s**t, just checked my account - it said "Osmose ready to order."

Added it to my basket, added the case - it's all gone through, and it's going to be here in 2 - 5 business days, UK customs willing!

It's hard to believe it's actually real. I've not been this hyped for an instrument since i saved up for my DSS1. And that was 35 years ago.

I hope loads of other people on here get theirs soon too. Oh, and by the way, the case appears to be freely available to buy for those who just want something tangible with the word "osmose' on it while they wait.
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Added it to my basket, added the case - it's all gone through, and it's going to be here in 2 - 5 business days, UK customs willing!

It's hard to believe it's actually real. I've not been this hyped for an instrument since i saved up for my DSS1. And that was 35 years ago.

I hope loads of other people on here get theirs soon too. Oh, and by the way, the case appears to be freely available to buy for those who just want something tangible with the word "osmose' on it while they wait.
Me too. Thanks for the heads up!
Lives for gear
P.S. Be sure to check your junk mail earlybirders. I just did, and discovered my "Osmose is ready" email had been sitting there for the past couple of hours.

This despite all other Expressive E emails arriving in my inbox without issue.

It appears we have 10 days to confirm and pay the balance from receipt of email.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
P.S. Be sure to check your junk mail earlybirders. I just did, and discovered my "Osmose is ready" email had been sitting there for the past couple of hours.

This despite all other Expressive E emails arriving in my inbox without issue.

It appears we have 10 days to confirm and pay the balance from receipt of email.
Oh yes, just seen that. To think, I could have ordered my Osmose an hour and a half ago....
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Yes they emailed me (generic email, I hadnt contacted them manually) about this just over an hour ago.

2-5 days is the courier shipping timescale. It isnt clear which day they will actually give it to the courier, so I'm not yet going to anticipate only 2-5 days before its in my hands. Given the email mentions kindly completing order payment within the next 10 days, I suppose its possible that could be the sort of length of time before they are actually ready to ship it. This isnt clear, I'm just using it to moderate my expectations a bit.
Old 11th December 2022
I guess I’m not in the first batch; no email that I can find, and nothing in my Expressivee account noting my Osmose is ready to order.
I’m in the US….
Old 11th December 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Well you might still be in the first US batch, the timing looks like it will be different for those. But I dont think they've provided much info we can use to build a picture of how and when US first batch will ship so far.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows ➡️
Yes they emailed me (generic email, I hadnt contacted them manually) about this just over an hour ago.

2-5 days is the courier shipping timescale. It isnt clear which day they will actually give it to the courier, so I'm not yet going to anticipate only 2-5 days before its in my hands. Given the email mentions kindly completing order payment within the next 10 days, I suppose its possible that could be the sort of length of time before they are actually ready to ship it. This isnt clear, I'm just using it to moderate my expectations a bit.
I just looked back to the beginning of the thread and saw that I ordered just after you … after wasting time posting about my finger hovering over the button … why did I wait even that long? Still, I was in on the first day so maybe an email might come shortly.
Old 11th December 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
My epic wait continues. Nothing in the email.
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows ➡️
Well you might still be in the first US batch, the timing looks like it will be different for those. But I dont think they've provided much info we can use to build a picture of how and when US first batch will ship so far.
Others have reported receiving replies from Expressive E stating that a completely different container will deliver to the US distribution center. Expressive E's last update indicated that they were producing a steady 15 units a day, which suggests that it will take 34 days to fill another container (about a month and a half if production runs five days a week.)

So I'd expect US orders will trail European orders by less than two months, depending partly on differences in shipping times (it looks like shipping to the US might actually take a little less time than to France.) It's exciting, but still lingering out there around mid- to late January.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis_13 ➡️
My epic wait continues. Nothing in the email.
You're not alone.
But please note that those first mails are sent to the very beginning of the list of preorders dispatched from the french warehouse (aka EU).
They will probably sent them at the speed they plan to send Osmose. All units form each container will not be sent in one day.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Looking forward to ordering an Osmose when they are available to order.

Any info. about availability in the U.S.A. ?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➡️
Looking forward to ordering an Osmose when they are available to order.

Any info. about availability in the U.S.A. ?
Public availability is not expected before Q2 2023 at best. What we are currently discussing is dispatch of pre-ordered units three years ago. And this is scheduled to take the full first quarter (if everything goes according to plan)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by N a N ➡️
Public availability is not expected before Q2 2023 at best. What we are currently discussing is dispatch of pre-ordered units three years ago. And this is scheduled to take the full first quarter (if everything goes according to plan)
OK. Thanks for the feedback.

So, I'm guessing I will be able to order an Osmose let's say during Q3-2023, and get it delivered within days from the dealer. or is that also being too optimistic regarding U.S. availability of the Osmose ? Or do I need to place a Pre-Order for one ? ... ?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

brilliant ..how much was the remainding cost?and how much as the postage?they told me 50 euros.

not had the email yet to pay it but my account says ready
Here for the gear
Quote:

I received a similar email from expressive E... I wrote to them to better understand the delivery date and UK custom and taxes... Christopher replied: " Thanks a lot for your message and most of all for your continued support of the Osmose project.
We are currently collecting the remainders in order to be able to start shipping right away when the container arrives the week before the Christmas weekend.
For UK customers, there will be a low one-figure percentage of customs fees due upon arrival as far as we know, for details you would need to contact HMRC.
Old 12th December 2022
Lives for gear

Are we there yet?
Old 12th December 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziksculp ➡️
So, I'm guessing I will be able to order an Osmose let's say during Q3-2023, and get it delivered within days from the dealer. or is that also being too optimistic regarding U.S. availability of the Osmose ? Or do I need to place a Pre-Order for one ? ... ?
I don't know what are the plans of expressive e. But they have probably an interest to go as fast as possible to finally make money from the project. Maybe they will use the same distributors as the Touché. Or maybe they will sell them directly from their website. Or maybe both.

Problems might affect production (such as COVID handling in China). I think that it is the main uncertainty. It has already happened six months ago and might happen again.

Regarding U.S. availability, i don't think there will be a huge difference with Europe except the fact osmose are sent one container at a time (about 500 units). If demand is the same between regions, we can expect one in a direction and the next one to the other.

Pre-order is not possible anymore.
Old 12th December 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by muronero ➡️
I received a similar email from expressive E... I wrote to them to better understand the delivery date and UK custom and taxes... Christopher replied: " Thanks a lot for your message and most of all for your continued support of the Osmose project.
We are currently collecting the remainders in order to be able to start shipping right away when the container arrives the week before the Christmas weekend.
For UK customers, there will be a low one-figure percentage of customs fees due upon arrival as far as we know, for details you would need to contact HMRC.
Trying to decipher what this means. Any clue?

Have been wondering if Brexit would add 1/3 or so to the cost of our pre-ordered Osmoses in the UK.

If their take is check with HMRC then perhaps that means it will.

Or by customs fees do they just mean duty, with the vat now due post Brexit covered by expressive e (seems unlikely)?
📝 Reply