The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Osmose by Expressive E
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
b77
Here for the gear

Should I continue to post these Instagram pics?

Anyway, here they are shooting an interview in Kaela Sinclair's studio:
Attached Thumbnails
Osmose by Expressive E-screenshot-2022-06-23-13.16.55.png  
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by b77 ➡️

Anyway, here they are shooting an interview in Kaela SInclair's studio:
Most of these people who are supposed too be famous I’ve never heard of them..
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy ➡️
Who would you have instead?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by msflsim ➡️
Who would you have instead?
Someone famous or someone who most people have heard off or heard there music.
Lives for gear

Quote:

Anyway, here they are shooting an interview in Kaela SInclair's studio:
I'm glad you post the pics. Especially this one - it's really weird. Between the cameraman multiplying into 3 of the same guy, and the synth UFO hovering, and rudely staring, outside the window, I'd have a hard time concentrating too. That's why they forgot to show much of the Osmose.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Please do. I donʻt have an Instagram account and Iʻm interested in any signs of life. Each and every peek at activity regarding the Osmose is welcome news.

... and frankly, I donʻt want them to waste money on landing celebrity endorsements. Give me a peek at any creative individual making music with the instrument. I really donʻt care if Iʻve heard of them or not.
Lives for gear

Is this why they've been stoking the hype train again? It was announced a couple months ago, this vid from 2 weeks ago, $1400 and estimated delivery time of midwinter festival, but of course who knows when, in practice:

IOW, are we just in another competitive hype cycle, or do these instagram shoots mean something's immanent?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Delivery isnt imminent unless they decided not to put them on a boat that spends 2 months at sea.

They cant win with hype because some people took a complete lack of hype for ages as a worrying sign.

Personally the sort of hype I want to see involves in depth exploration, but Im not allergic to the other sorts either. And ROLIs hype isnt going to drastically affect the market since there isnt much new in the new version of the Seaboard.
b77
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy ➡️
I would say that Jordan Rudess, Junkie XL, Bill Laurance and Mike Dean are well known to the target demographic — fellow musicians / music nerds — and that's what matters after all.

And it's nice to find out about the others and their music.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows ➡️
And ROLIs hype isnt going to drastically affect the market since there isnt much new in the new version of the Seaboard.
Agreed. The Seaboard is a known quantity that has been around for years. You either know it and like it, or youʻre waiting for something different.

Expressive E is either trying to dissuade people from cancelling pre-orders, or theyʻre starting to build toward a new promotion campaign. Iʻm guessing the latter.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I would say that Jordan Rudess, Junkie XL, Bill Laurance and Mike Dean are well known to the target demographic — fellow musicians / music nerds — and that's what matters after all.

And it's nice to find out about the others and their music.
I was talking about the new Instagram pics not the old ones I knew who they were..
I was hoping they’d do Ben bohmer —lane 8–jarre—numan—Howard Jones —BT..timecop..etc
Those Instagram people will be unknown too lots of people and I’m sure there’s lots of icons who would have demonstrated the synth.

Concerning the ROLI-osmosis debate I think ROLI are going to lose this battle for a few reasons but the main reason is to play a seaboard needs a new way of playing compared to osmosis…I had a seaboard and returned it because it was hurting my wrist and fingers also I couldn’t find a balance with pressure and travel..when your playing the seaboard you never feel as connected as you do when playing a conventional Keyboard..but osmosis uses a familiar keyboard which will appeal to more people who were put of buying the seaboard.
Also you don’t need too hook it up too a computer to use it unlike the seaboard which needs software and editing software.
If the osmosis is as good as we hope it is then I can see many live bands buying one too use live it looks cool and sounds amazing and there are lots of live players who will take this on tour and will give a better performance and connect to the crowd Better than using a seaboard.
I think ROLI really messed up they should have changed the seaboard way more than they did..I was hoping they would have used there light tech they have and integrated that with a clear seaboard gel …then have equator 2 built in..if they’d done that it would have appealed to DJs and the dance music/Instagram community much more than osmosis…but as it is I think it’s game over for ROLI
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Should I continue to post these Instagram pics
A direct link would also be appreciated as for some reason I couldn't find your pics on their Instagram...
b77
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phutureboy ➡️
A direct link would also be appreciated as for some reason I couldn't find your pics on their Instagram...
If you follow expressive_e on Instagram these should be displayed at the top as Stories.

I don't know how to copy a direct link to an Instagram Story from a desktop computer… sorry.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I see. I always forget the "Stories".

As for a link I guess copy/pasting what's in the address bar should work ?
https://www.instagram.com/stories/ex...3364410715581/
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
She does present the roli incredibly well, hopefully it is a kick in the Osmosis
b77
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phutureboy ➡️
I see. I always forget the "Stories".

As for a link I guess copy/pasting what's in the address bar should work ?
https://www.instagram.com/stories/ex...3364410715581/
Yes, but what I mean is I can't copy only the link to the image. That's why I take a screenshot instead.
b77
Here for the gear

New Instagram pic from J3PO:
Attached Thumbnails
Osmose by Expressive E-screenshot-2022-06-24-18.45.22.png  
Gear Nut

Quote:
New Instagram pic from J3PO:
these are all starting to get me pretttyyyyy excited, not gonna lie
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Since people were making comparisons with ROLI marketing the other day, I thought I may as well point out that ROLI have now reached the desperate stage of trying to appeal to 2 finger players.

I dont actually mean to mock this form of playing since I've had a lot of fun with this sort of thing myself in the past using a variety of MPE controllers including those from ROLI. But in the current context of ROLI needing (struggling?) to sell batches of their new production run, I cannot help but smell some desperation about it.

https://roli.com/stories/marco-paris...rd-performance
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I thought Roli declared bankruptcy last year? Have to be pretty brave to pre- order an put money down....wait, I did with Osmose!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
N

Quote:
Since people were making comparisons with ROLI marketing the other day, I thought I may as well point out that ROLI have now reached the desperate stage of trying to appeal to 2 finger players.

I dont actually mean to mock this form of playing since I've had a lot of fun with this sort of thing myself in the past using a variety of MPE controllers including those from ROLI. But in the current context of ROLI needing (struggling?) to sell batches of their new production run, I cannot help but smell some desperation about it.

https://roli.com/stories/marco-paris...rd-performance
For some of us 2 fingers is 1 more than we are comfortable with!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Was: [youtube] Here's R2D2 using our widget!
Now: [IG] Here's a photo of us filming R2D2 using our widget!
Next: [tweet] Check our IG next month to find out who we're going to be taking a photo of us filming using our widget!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➡️
I thought Roli declared bankruptcy last year? Have to be pretty brave to pre- order an put money down....wait, I did with Osmose!
They setup another company and the assets were transferred over.

Roli pre-order requires paying the full price up front I think, whereas Osmose was just a deposit.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Possibly osmo is lost in never never land, or at sea or not done or in lock down or just a dream
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia ➡️
Was: [youtube] Here's R2D2 using our widget!
Now: [IG] Here's a photo of us filming R2D2 using our widget!
Next: [tweet] Check our IG next month to find out who we're going to be taking a photo of us filming using our widget!
It did seem a little weird that they took a picture of their camera crew taking pictures of someone facing the other way and obscuring the product.

Concerning Roli, I wouldn't even send them someone else's money right now, for a potential December delivery. Just imagine if you'd pre-ordered with "Luminary" before they changed it back to Roli!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Roli pre-order requires paying the full price up front I think, whereas Osmose was just a deposit.
And a sizable discount for the Osmose if you pre-ordered.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone ➡️
Concerning Roli, I wouldn't even send them someone else's money right now, for a potential December delivery. Just imagine if you'd pre-ordered with "Luminary" before they changed it back to Roli!
There are a bunch of reasons I dont feel like giving ROLI any money at the moment, especially at this stage when the product isnt available in stock, but them messing around with the customer-facing branding (as opposed to the underlying business entity conducting the business) isnt one of them. That sort of branding thing made no difference to consumer rights etc, and there have only been two companies - the original one thats in administration (ROLI Ltd), and the one that its assets were sold to that is presently operating (Luminary ROLI Ltd). Its fair to say that some shareholders in the original company and providers of goods and services to the original company (that have ended up as creditors) are not at all pleased with what happened, but thats a story for another thread.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
b77
Here for the gear

T.nava in concert with Osmose:
Attached Thumbnails
Osmose by Expressive E-screenshot-2022-06-26-14.15.46.png  
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Doesn't anyone else here find it exasperating that Osmose is being sent to influencers, possibly for free, before it is being sent to paying backers who have been waiting for over 2 years? Sorry but IMO, it's at least disrespectful and lacks good business ethics.

Whatever
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
A manual a few new demos and an eta update would be nice
📝 Reply