Quantcast
Osmose by Expressive E - Page 62 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Osmose by Expressive E
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Aiken ➡️
I've just tried to adopt a detached patience while still feeling that this thing will change my life. Not easy.
This so sums up how I feel. Thank you!

I am so pessimistic now. The world of electronic supply has ground to a halt. I know console manufactures that have no stock until 2023.

I think it is going to be August 2022 at the (very) earliest but more likely late summer/early autumn if things go well.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinki ➡️
This so sums up how I feel. Thank you!

I am so pessimistic now. The world of electronic supply has ground to a halt. I know console manufactures that have no stock until 2023.

I think it is going to be August 2022 at the (very) earliest but more likely late summer/early autumn if things go well.
IIRC they said they had sourced all the parts for the first batch, whether they meant for all the pre-orders I’m not sure, but we can hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Jezz ➡️
Does anybody know how the pitch bend and modulation faders work? I've just finished a complete new studio build and have a space on top of my Kawai VPC1 for this as my main non-weighted controller (downpayment since first day), but if the pitch bend isn't sprung and only controls the sensitivity of the keys themselves, that probably won't work well for standard controller use. My main 76 note controller aftertouch is simply too hard to use any more (need to stand on it etc) so I nearly caved in and bought a Roland Enhancia Neova today to tide me over for some extra expression until the Osmose arrives (still very tempted). If the pitch bend doesn't work like a normal synth, I may just go ahead and buy a new midi controller and use the Osmose in another spot in the studio. Anybody know - the answer could mean I get to go shopping before Christmas or continue waiting ...
For anyone else thinking about the Enhancia Neova as Osmose methadone while we're waiting, I can really recommend it! It's breathed new life into using my analogue synths (especially my Matriarch with it's way-too-hard aftertouch) and I barely touch my Seaboard Rise since I got it except for the SWAM Cello. I did a little vid with it here, apologies my arm is in the way half the time

Re delivery/non delivery, I'm in the optimistic but no rush camp. I've backed 2 other Kickstarters, both delayed by nearly 2 years now, it seems par for the course for most tech companies. I think Expressive E have the experience and commitment to deliver on the promise of this amazing instrument, and am happy that they don't seem to be rushing the final stages
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

The Osmose pre-order turned out to be a good inflation hedge. I should have bought more!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Mmm shall we play the order number game? Just wondering how far up/down the list I am. I'm #2000002659 .

"your spot on the waiting list is hereby secured. We will get back to you with a request to pay the residual amount when shipping starts in Summer 2020."
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle ➡️
Mmm shall we play the order number game? Just wondering how far up/down the list I am. I'm #2000002659 .

"your spot on the waiting list is hereby secured. We will get back to you with a request to pay the residual amount when shipping starts in Summer 2020."
That may just be a sequential order number for anything/everything they sell....My Osmose pre-order 'code' is letters and numbers....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➡️
That may just be a sequential order number for anything/everything they sell....My Osmose pre-order 'code' is letters and numbers....
Yeah would guess the same, so it should do the trick
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle ➡️
Yeah would guess the same, so it should do the trick
There was some discussion of this earlier in the thread if I remember correctly, and it seems there are multiple sequences. It's not clear if the initial digit indicates the region of the order or something else, but orders like yours that start with "2" seem to be a completely different sequence than numbers like mine that start with "0". I'm in the 4300's, for what that's worth, order placed on the first day.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia ➡️
There was some discussion of this earlier in the thread if I remember correctly, and it seems there are multiple sequences. It's not clear if the initial digit indicates the region of the order or something else, but orders like yours that start with "2" seem to be a completely different sequence than numbers like mine that start with "0". I'm in the 4300's, for what that's worth, order placed on the first day.
Do you remember the date they started taking pre-orders?

My number is lower than yours but starts with 3 instead of 0 and I’m also in the USA.

[edit] So looking at beginning of thread it looks like November 20th, 2019 was first pre-orders. I saw @ Lady Gaia post on the 21st. My order number is lower than hers but starts with a series 3 and I ordered on the 23rd so maybe that first number is a batch number??

Last edited by Gomjab; 1 week ago at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Oh. Well it was also on November 25 if that helps ha
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
If I go to my account on the website then I have a number like that, but in the 4000's.

If I look on the original email confirmation then I have the other type of number starting with a 2. And I dont want to reveal that number either, but it was nearly 800 lower than the number someone mentioned earlier.

Ordered on 20th November 2019 when their website was running very slowly due to so many people visiting it immediately after the pre-order launch began.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows ➡️
If I go to my account on the website then I have a number like that, but in the 4000's.

If I look on the original email confirmation then I have the other type of number starting with a 2. And I dont want to reveal that number either, but it was nearly 800 lower than the number someone mentioned earlier.

Ordered on 20th November 2019 when their website was running very slowly due to so many people visiting it immediately after the pre-order launch began.
800, jeez. Hoping a lot of people ordered a touche and all the software bits and bobs in that 5 days then...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomjab ➡️
Do you remember the date they started taking pre-orders?
I still have the "Limited pre-orders are now live!" email which was sent out at 8:34am on November 20th in GMT-10, or 6:34pm GMT. Adjust according to your time zone. My purchase confirmation email was sent at 5:06pm GMT-10 on the same day, just over 8 and a half hours later, presumably not long after I got home from work. It looks like I didn't post about it until the next day.

Quote:
My number is lower than yours but starts with 3 instead of 0 and I’m also in the USA.
The number in my confirmation email bears no resemblance to the number on my order page. It also starts with the 3, like yours, and it's in the 1800s. I doubt the first number is a batch number because I doubt they had any idea what their production schedule would look like back then, and they have no way of knowing who will follow through with the rest of the payment when the time comes.
Lives for gear

Quote:
The number in my confirmation email bears no resemblance to the number on my order page. It also starts with the 3, like yours, and it's in the 1800s. I doubt the first number is a batch number because I doubt they had any idea what their production schedule would look like back then, and they have no way of knowing who will follow through with the rest of the payment when the time comes.
I didn’t even think to check the website cause I assumed the number in the email would be the order number. My number in my online account is higher than yours and also starts with zero. I suspect I won’t be in first batch shipped.

On the bright side I did get in very early on the Hydrasynth Deluxe and it’s on its way.
Old 18 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Any Eagan Matrix users watching this:

I'm wondering if Monterey is safe to install to use the editor?

My question relates to the Osmose, but of course we don't know for sure, yet.

Any feedback on OS for the Eagan Matrix apreciated.
📝 Reply