Quantcast
Osmose by Expressive E - Page 55 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Osmose by Expressive E
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuboctahedron ➡️
Let's get them to ship this version first, then take it in in the field for a year of so while they figure out what the failures look like under real world conditions. Once they've done that, they can do a bit of redesign work to improve reliability (almost certainly needed even if the first batch are really solid — this is just a normal engineering lifecycle), and then maybe at the same time we'll see an 88 key version. I'd say you're looking at two years from intial delivery dates, minimum, even if they're super-hyped about the idea and already want to go that way.
I think that's the route I'm going to take.
Wait for the next improved iteration of Osmose.

By then, I might have a new home and a new studio.
And we'll probably already have moon missions going too...
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001001 ➡️
I think that's the route I'm going to take.
Wait for the next improved iteration of Osmose.

By then, I might have a new home and a new studio.
And we'll probably already have moon missions going too...
"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because MPE sounds really ****ing awesome" — JFK, probably
Lives for gear

Osmose:
"That's one small step for a synth, one giant leap for expression-kind."
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001001 ➡️
Osmose:
"That's one small step for a synth, one giant leap for expression-kind."
I can't wait to see the ad campaign.

Expresive, I'll happily take an industrial prototype of the secret 88 key version off your hands in exchange for such a good marketing campaign concept :-)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I was hoping to see a Osmose video from Superbooth tonight with the finished product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek ➡️
I was hoping to see a Osmose video from Superbooth tonight with the finished product.
By appointment only, and probably with a signed NDA and no videos allowed.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
im hoping expressive e and sonicstate will upoad a vid showcasing it very soon..im also hoping we get our final discounted preorder prices and shipping dates.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I think late this year or early next. I have some money saved up to top up the pre-order, and think it will repay the confidence eventually. We won't find anything like it anywhere else, after all..

Last edited by wendell r.; 1 week ago at 10:25 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yes since the last update has launch of mass production starting from November, I would not expect any exact shipping date for a particular order before that stage is reached. Otherwise it could just be a cruel tease, need to wait till they are really confident it is ready and for them to know what sort of production yields they can expect at what time. Plus shipment is by sea so I tend to think more about 2022 than 2021 for the Osmose.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudinthenight ➡️
By appointment only, and probably with a signed NDA and no videos allowed.
Why would media/influencers get longer time slots with it at the show if not to record their experience and/or talk about it? I suspect we will see hands-on impressions and I'm very much looking forward to it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hope so, trying not to say……are we there yet Dad?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia ➡️
Why would media/influencers get longer time slots with it at the show if not to record their experience and/or talk about it? I suspect we will see hands-on impressions and I'm very much looking forward to it.
Plus they have posted videos of people playing the Osmose in a much more unfinished state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia ➡️
Don’t mind me, I’m just an annoyed pessimist.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Don’t mind me, I’m just an annoyed pessimist.
I think you will end up being at least partially right. Because I sort of expect them to be exerting fairly heavy control over the presentation of the Osmose at this stage, especially as they arent at the stage where they want to drum up fresh customers for this device yet, due to lack of availability.

So I'm thinking that even if we see some videos, they wont be anything close to how this device will be played with on video in future once people have their own Osmose. I'm not expecting anything close to the full experience, but maybe I will be totally wrong about that.

I suppose this opinion of mine is also sponsored by the way they've not showed much interest in taking all their pre-order customers on a detailed incremental journey through the development of some aspects of the Osmose. They have very occasionally shown us a couple of features not previously discussed, but it doesnt look like they've felt ready to demonstrate the polished product in all its glory up to this moment at all. They've done the bare minimum in terms of comms and presentation during this long period. eg The screen and controls on the left are still somewhat mysterious when it comes to the detail of whats on offer. At some point that will change but I dont know as they are actually at that point yet. If they are it will be fascinating, but I always want to lower my Osmose presentation expectations to avoid setting myself up for disappointment during the pre-launch phase.

Certainly in terms of promotion I think Expressive E are more interested in doing the sales pitch for their latest software instrument at the moment. In fact I've seen one video on youtube already from their Superbooth zone, and the Osmose was visible in the background but the video was all about the software instrument. But again, maybe I am all wrong about this focus and the limited nature of what to expect from Superbooth.
Gear Nut

https://youtu.be/YoSAPDonqtI

Sonicstate Superbooth video about Osmose

Taken down again
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefVR ➡️
https://youtu.be/YoSAPDonqtI

Sonicstate Superbooth video about Osmose
Good to see I havent lost my sense of poor timing when it came to my previous post!

I will watch that now to see quite how wrong I was about level of detail on display this time.

edit - or maybe not given that the video went private lol.
Gear Nut

Yes strange. Was a 12 min video deadicated to osmose. Unfortunately didnt cache completely so wtached only first 30 seconds.
Why was the Sonic State video taken down??

Did it violate the terms of the "agreeable testing conditions?"
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Its back.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hooray !

...aaand immediately I remember again why I invested money in it in the first place. An instantly emotional sound.

Last edited by wendell r.; 1 week ago at 04:48 PM..
Old 1 week ago
New video?

Old 1 week ago
Takeaways... still no impressions from people who aren't ExpressiveE employees playing the keys (Nick only watched, no touching)

-They can't forecast how many units per day will be built (which will affect the schedule for pre-orders)

-Still not the final production unit, so no in-depth reviews yet

I hope there will be more videos with some actual hands-on impressions. I'm glad to see the video but I didn't learn anything new by watching it, aside from the fact that they really don't know the rate that they can be built.

I mean depending on where you are on the pre-order list, it would be well into 2022 before they ship.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Didn't they already have a lot of musicians playing them in the early demos, though ? Granted that was only promos, but that's what all companies do. Sounding good to me here, and looking forward to more in-depth reviews later on.

Last edited by wendell r.; 1 week ago at 03:18 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows ➡️
I would not expect any exact shipping date for a particular order before that stage is reached. Otherwise it could just be a cruel tease, need to wait till they are really confident it is ready and for them to know what sort of production yields they can expect at what time.
What I said there was confirmed by comments made in the video about waiting to see what daily production yield they end up with.

I enjoyed the video but it was about all I would have expected at this stage. And no matter who we get to see playing it in future videos, the real thing we will still be missing is touching it ourselves, I doubt I will get a more accurate impression of that side of things from any video. If there was no pandemic then I would have been tempted to go to Superbooth so I could touch it for myself.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

There appears to be a second Osmose in the room on the back table with headphones hooked up.
Gear Head

I'm a little surprised they're still not showing the "final" model.
Not a lot of new informations but it all still looks great in regard to playability and expressivity.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
New video?

That’s encouraging, looks like Nick is itching to get his paws on it. That arp sounds delicious
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
As someone said recently, prototypes are easy, production is hard.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yup- a bit worrying that its still a prototype just a few months before the end of the year. frankly this demo/expo could have been from 2 years ago. Anyway, nothing to see here it seems, back to my Hydrasynth
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC ➡️
Yup- a bit worrying that its still a prototype just a few months before the end of the year. frankly this demo/expo could have been from 2 years ago. Anyway, nothing to see here it seems, back to my Hydrasynth
They didnt have the arp or the pressure-based portamento or the screen & preset selection working back then.

What was on show at Superbooth was entirely consistent with my expectations, given that they've spun and sugarcoated the email updates as much as they dared, but have still been honest about delays and what is not yet 100% done.

Also if they really had a 100% final version at the show, I think its inevitable that some people would then complain that 'they've got the final one, so why isnt it shipping yet?'
📝 Reply