Quantcast
Osmose by Expressive E - Page 51 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Osmose by Expressive E
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pounce ➡️
Maybe whining more in this thread will make them go faster!
Excellent strategy.
It's not a strategy. It's a conversation. Between musicians with a shared interest in a particular instrument. Some of whom are a bit concerned that perhaps not all is going well with an instrument we are all of us greatly looking forward to. That's all.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pounce ➡️
Maybe whining more in this thread will make them go faster!
Excellent strategy.
I don’t think anyone has asked them to go faster or even criticised the delays, just have the common decency to reply to emails and communicate with their paying customers. It isn’t too much to ask.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyB ➡️
It's like small children in the back of the car wailing "are we nearly there yet?"
Whatever anyone says, you'll get there when you get there.
"No news" bulletins don't make any difference either ...
And you're like the grumpy dad in the driving seat, telling his kids to shut up because you see excitement and exuberance about wanting to get to Disneyland as a human weakness that must be quashed.
Lives for gear

Dear Inexpressive E,
If you don't send a newsletter soon, I'll cancel my option to buy an Osmose early for only 1000 bucks.
Love,
xxxxx

Maybe that's how it started, back at Expressive E HQ:

We've been wondering what we could do, to get people to give up their ridiculous early-bird price, but what if we just did... nothing?

What?!

Look at this email - he really canceled!

NFW?!

Yeah, he did! Because we didn't send a newsletter! So then, what if we just don't acknowledge Osmose until we can actually get parts and afford to ship it? Do you think more people will cancel?

What if it was just 1 stupid customer, and no-one else cancels? The other customers will get nervous if we don't say anything...

Yeah, but what are they gonna do... cancel?

Oh, good point.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
To the people saying stop moaning - you're right that moaning won't change the delivery date. We're not (most of us) moaning about it being delayed, we're moaning about messed around. Maybe understandable on their part to not want to give us bad news, but still **** behaviour as far as the consumer is concerned. If I've got something on order and I've been told it will arrive around a certain date, I expect to be informed as soon as reasonably possible once the seller knows that date is no longer feasible.

We're a week away from the mid-June delivery date for the first orders promised to us in their last update and still, no one is to the wiser - maybe we'll all be shocked and they start going out, but I think they'd also told people they'd get some notice before having to cough up the balance.

I doubt many people would begrudge them further delays under the circumstances of the last year and them being a small company and it being a difficult to deliver product - but for the love of god, just tell people what's going on with the money they've already sunk into the project and keep the goodwill topped up.

I'm very aware I'm repeating the same stuff others have already, but it gets my goat when people voicing legitimate concerns and venting, as the poster above said, get shouted down. There's nothing wrong with being pissed off about being kept in the dark as to what's going on with your money.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone ➡️
Dear Inexpressive E,
If you don't send a newsletter soon, I'll cancel my option to buy an Osmose early for only 1000 bucks.
Love,
xxxxx

Maybe that's how it started, back at Expressive E HQ:

We've been wondering what we could do, to get people to give up their ridiculous early-bird price, but what if we just did... nothing?

What?!

Look at this email - he really canceled!

NFW?!

Yeah, he did! Because we didn't send a newsletter! So then, what if we just don't acknowledge Osmose until we can actually get parts and afford to ship it? Do you think more people will cancel?

What if it was just 1 stupid customer, and no-one else cancels? The other customers will get nervous if we don't say anything...

Yeah, but what are they gonna do... cancel?

Oh, good point.
And yeah, this is my fear. It really isn't beyond the realms of possibility for a company that's up against it, or even not, to behave like this. Either this or they're worried bad news will cause people to cancel and they'd have to start paying back money they don't have.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KriticalMass ➡️
And you're like the grumpy dad in the driving seat, telling his kids to shut up because you see excitement and exuberance about wanting to get to Disneyland as a human weakness that must be quashed.
Uhhh that is exactly how my last trip to disneyland went word for word.. except for the losing a child at the end of the day part..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
Sorry for your loss. Nothing more heart-wrenching than the loss of a child.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

We got him back after an hour of looking.. apparently they have a 100% return policy on children.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I’ve been where all of you are, and I know that it is not fun. Even if you don’t “need” (which is a silly word because no one needs to make electronic music) it to accomplish your music, you can’t help but imagine how it can help you put forth your vision. I gave up waiting on a new product a while back because despite how great it looked in the hands of all the influencers, it was clearly just an incremental step forward… and to be honest, a lateral move in many ways. The Osmose, OTOH, that is something very interesting and unique. I came close to putting in a preorder, and I’m pretty happy I didn’t. I’d be climbing the walls at this point. I know me. I can’t help but become invested in something like that.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Personally I don't care if it isn't delivered until 2022 (which is what I expect at this stage), I just want to know 'approximately' when it will be delivered.

Some people will need to know when the balance needs to be paid and in the UK we still need to know the VAT situation.

Expressive e could have so easily have prevented a lot of bad feeling with better communication but lets hope that is resolved soon and that the news is good.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
As an insight into the real-life human impact of this stuff - I've got the balance for this sat in a savings account, while at the same time I have a debt I'm paying interest on every month that I could pay off with that balance, if for example the Osmose won't be delivered until next year and I will have time to save the balance again. If they'd told us several weeks ago it will be delayed, I could've saved that interest and so the Osmose ends up costing me more. Ya dig?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
I am not at all bothered by any of this. Just knowing I got the best price for it makes me smile, and I'll gladly wait until next year, if need be. In fact, in my situation it might actually be even better, since we plan on moving to a new house, so I will have more room for my toys
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon ➡️
I am not at all bothered by any of this. Just knowing I got the best price for it makes me smile, and I'll gladly wait until next year, if need be. In fact, in my situation it might actually be even better, since we plan on moving to a new house, so I will have more room for my toys
I would imagine that we would all gladly wait as long as it takes for Expressive E to get this right. I think perhaps some people on this thread are misunderstanding what's causing concern and a little bit of frustration.

It's not how long we are waiting. Rather - for me at least - it's the lack of any public update for (I believe) more than two months now,.

When you consider that the last update suggested deliveries would begin within a few days, I think it's only natural that some of us are worried that all might not be well.

Such a long silence, and a lack of communication with early backers, naturally begs the question, "why?". Because as myself and others have noted (perhaps too many times now), it wouldn't take more than a few minutes for them to say "All is well, things continue to shape up nicely, but global issues etc. mean we won't be able deliver just yet.".
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yeh, people are supporters and excited about the prospect- I ordered pretty much as soon as it was up back in November 2019, seems like a lifetime ago!

I don't really know what's happened this year (what is on the website was just a plan from January) so lets hope we get something official soon.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon ➡️
I am not at all bothered by any of this. Just knowing I got the best price for it makes me smile, and I'll gladly wait until next year, if need be.
Ah ha! Two us being all "mature" ... there's a thing ...
B)
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I order an XFM from Liven that was supposed to ship end of May but has been delayed due to parts shortages etc...the developer posts every week even if there is no real update (sometimes to just say how the weather is!)- another delayed product, but the way this delay has been handled makes me like the Dev, I feel like they care

Check it out, and try not to smile!

https://sonicware.jp/blogs/dev
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I've ordered a Osmose, S2400 and M8, they'll probably arrive within a month of each other.

Ive bet on the horses most of my life, my golden rule is i only bet what i can afford to lose.

When i ordered those synths it was no different to me than backing the horses.

Last edited by cane creek; 1 week ago at 08:46 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek ➡️
I've ordered a Osmose, S2400 and M8, they'll probably arrive within a month of each other.

Ive bet on the horses most of my life, my golden rule is i only bet what i can afford to lose.

When i ordered those synths it was no different to me than backing the horses.
Have you come out ahead or behind so far?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ok, so September now...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle ➡️
Ok, so September now...
Yep - good to know.

Also arpeggiator! I remember a lot of complaints about there not being one of these planned - it sounds very cool the way they've implemented it, really using the keys to shape the patterns - very nice to have so much control.

Should make it more interesting for those who were put off by lack of an arp.
Lives for gear

The arpeggiator really does seem like a great way to say "we're listening" while they're working through the challenging late stages of product development and preparing to ramp up manufacturing. Here's hoping that any additional schedule slips are on the order of weeks rather than months!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Jezz ➡️
Have you come out ahead or behind so far?
There’s only one rich man in horse racing and that’s the bookie

and on another note September sounds good to me
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
We've done all the criticism over poor communication, but also have to give props where it's due - that MPE Arp looks amazing, and the fact it works for external stuff and non-MPE stuff opens up some great possibilities. Can see people buying it just for that.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia ➡️
The arpeggiator really does seem like a great way to say "we're listening" while they're working through the challenging late stages of product development and preparing to ramp up manufacturing. Here's hoping that any additional schedule slips are on the order of weeks rather than months!
This was my one real "WTF?", which I first brought up almost a year ago and emailed them about. I can't believe they actually seem to have got it done. Squeaky Wheels

Now let's hope it can work on the second part while you play the first.....

It looks slick
Some nice peeks at the UI in the latest video too. Looks and sounds nice.

Hopefully the MPE arp is sent via MIDI!

*edit* yep it is. Covered in the last half of the video.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle ➡️
I think I heard a couple Continuum presets (e.g CS80+ladder). That's a good sign for converting patches back and forth between the two.

The "dirt acid" exanple hung a lamp on one aspect of the synth engine that I don't think is a strength - the overdrive, the dirt. You know how beach sand is eroded from larger chunks of minerals? Imagine if it was eroded from larger chunks of plastic, instead. You could cover yourself in it, and look dirty, sure. Luckily, there is gear that will cover that with flood silt and rotting seaweed. There's no insert point, to put some outboard before the recirculator, but you can add your own reverb, and turn off the recirculator, if you want the reverberant decay after the dirt.

They've promised to sell the preorders for what was an amazing price in a pre-covid world. Right now, it seems foolish, but who could have predicted? It's probably wrong to demand that they deliver that price amidst today's parts and shipping bubble. Hopefully by September, things will have eased a little, right? They have other hw and sw products to help pay the bills in the meantime, and we have other keyboards to play while we wait for these to go public.

It seems like they've got the onboard screen UI up and running. That would make an interesting topic for a video.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

WELL WELL WELL...
When Expressive E had something worthwhile to tell us ... guess what?

They did just that.

Hope that's all very exciting, relieving, confirming, satisfying, or whatever makes those multiple posters in this thread happy (or whatever else they want to feel).
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyB ➡️
WELL WELL WELL...
When Expressive E had something worthwhile to tell us ... guess what?

They did just that.

Hope that's all very exciting, relieving, confirming, satisfying, or whatever makes those multiple posters in this thread happy (or whatever else they want to feel).
You're a multiple poster in this thread?
📝 Reply