Old 2nd July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Enhancing your bass lines:

Old 4th July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hi guys!
Even though I never owned an original, somehow I'm never able to get a sound like say on Mam MB33.
Am I doing something wrong?
Old 4th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Hi guys!
Even though I never owned an original, somehow I'm never able to get a sound like say on Mam MB33.
Am I doing something wrong?
nothing wrong, mb33 sounds different is all
Old 4th July 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Any tips for TD3 sweet spots?
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Any tips for TD3 sweet spots?
depends what you like really but also how the pattern is playing itself back - i would say a goto for me is cutoff usually around 30%, rez65% ish so not quite squarking, tad of env mod and always accent on near 75-max

sometimes i like to make it do the unfamiliar

env mod max or near to, no rez or cutoff, full acc:

brilliant snapping bass especially with sq. wave.
Old 4th July 2022
Gear Maniac

Every knob position and every combination of knob positions is a sweet spot, by design.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
OK, this is driving me up the wall... SynthTribe connectivity.

I have three Behringer clones: the Model D, the TD-3 and the MonoPoly.

I love the sounds they all make, and a while ago the Model D stopped being recognised by SynthTribe (I'm using the latest version - 2.5.7), but I didn't really mind as I had it set how I wanted it and couldn't see a reason for using SynthTribe to change anything. The MonoPoly and TD-3 were still being recognised and they were the ones that I needed to change on a regular basis.

BUT now the TD-3 has stopped being recognised. And that is really annoying because I rely heavily on the sequencer. I hate sequencing on the device. It's still communicating with my DAW (Logic) so there's nothing wrong with the USB cable.

I have tried everything:
- restarting the computer (iMac)
- deleting and reinstalling SynthTribe (including prefs)
- connecting directly (i.e. not using a USB hub)
- disconnecting all other USB things
- closing all other programs

Does anyone have a magic fix for getting it to talk to SynthTribe again?

BTW I got all the above ideas from HERE
Old 4th July 2022
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
weird

edit: i see imac now so ignore my win question
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
I'm on a late 2013 iMac running Catalina.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterharrison ➡️
I'm on a late 2013 iMac running Catalina.
i know F all about mac and how they manage their usb

i have to say it seems very odd though - why work then stop and why only some models..

i will talk to the SW engineer for synthribe and see if there is issue with catalina
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroSpy ➡️
Every knob position and every combination of knob positions is a sweet spot, by design.
Not really.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➡️
depends what you like really but also how the pattern is playing itself back - i would say a goto for me is cutoff usually around 30%, rez65% ish so not quite squarking, tad of env mod and always accent on near 75-max

sometimes i like to make it do the unfamiliar

env mod max or near to, no rez or cutoff, full acc:

brilliant snapping bass especially with sq. wave.
Cool! Thank you my friend!
Old 5th July 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroSpy ➡️
true, it's hard to make a TD-3 sound ''bad'' tone wise.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➡️
true, it's hard to make a TD-3 sound ''bad'' tone wise.
The same is not true for the MO however, using it requires more skill, but also rewards you when you push it
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c ➡️
The same is not true for the TD-3 MO however, using it requires more skill, but also rewards you when you push it
correct-a-mundo!

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I’ve never been a collector of anything in my life, but I’ve bought enough 303 clones that maybe that’s what I’m doing. They all sound great!
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer TD-3 303 clone-303-clones.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
You should try the Roland TB-03 if you don’t mind collecting 303s. My wish list is the Abstrakt Instruments Avalon, MAM MB33, and that Future Retro one (looks like a big circle on the top).

By chance did you chain them all by midi? (Or CV). If so, was it fun?
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headphones ➡️
You should try the Roland TB-03 if you don’t mind collecting 303s.
I’ve definitely considered it, and I bet they’ll be out of production soon. I did have a TR-09 and VP-03 and didn’t love them (both sold now). Maybe I’m collecting analogue clones, not just clones?

Quote:
My wish list is the Abstrakt Instruments Avalon, MAM MB33, and that Future Retro one (looks like a big circle on the top).
Yes to all three! The Future Retro looks amazing for sequencing, and the Avalon is just super nice. It’s a shame the Future Retro is out of production. I thought the Avalon was as well, but it looks like you can pre-order, so they must be doing another run.

I tried to buy a Stepper Acid as well, but missed out. I placed an order, but it ended up being cancelled because there was no stock and no new production runs. It honestly looks like one of the best 303-inspired sequencers.

Quote:
By chance did you chain them all by midi? (Or CV). If so, was it fun?
Not yet. :D

I haven’t even tried the B1 yet. Today should be the day.

I also find I use the TD-3 and TD-3-MO more than the others. Sonically, the TD-3 is very, very close to the RE-303 (imo), and the benefit of being able to edit, load and save patterns via USB is great. I built the x0xb0x with a friend years ago, so that is mostly kept for sentimental value. The MO is just fun when you don’t exactly want a 303. I wonder if we’ll see any more analogue 303 clones?
Gear Addict

You cheated by getting the TD-3 and TD-3-MO twice. Go and get the clones by other manufacturers.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcedwards ➡️
I’ve definitely considered it, and I bet they’ll be out of production soon. I did have a TR-09 and VP-03 and didn’t love them (both sold now). Maybe I’m collecting analogue clones, not just clones?

Yes to all three! The Future Retro looks amazing for sequencing, and the Avalon is just super nice. It’s a shame the Future Retro is out of production. I thought the Avalon was as well, but it looks like you can pre-order, so they must be doing another run.

I tried to buy a Stepper Acid as well, but missed out. I placed an order, but it ended up being cancelled because there was no stock and no new production runs. It honestly looks like one of the best 303-inspired sequencers.

Not yet. :D

I haven’t even tried the B1 yet. Today should be the day.

I also find I use the TD-3 and TD-3-MO more than the others. Sonically, the TD-3 is very, very close to the RE-303 (imo), and the benefit of being able to edit, load and save patterns via USB is great. I built the x0xb0x with a friend years ago, so that is mostly kept for sentimental value. The MO is just fun when you don’t exactly want a 303. I wonder if we’ll see any more analogue 303 clones?

The Future Retro one will be pricy now that they’re shutting down. The TB-03 is digital but it sounds alright. When you use its audio in, you could stick a Volca Bass or NuBass so you can beef it up a little.

I love my TD3MO but sometimes the ins/outs are tricky to master. Sometimes I stumble onto new sounds. Sometimes I just create awful industrial ones. (Never cared for Industrial tbh). Someone just needs to do a good YouTube clip explaining the patchbay in detail.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Can someone please explain how to play a pattern or more importantly how to generate a random pattern and play it?

Following the manual it tells me that once pattern is selected the pattern LED should flash. mine is lit solid. I am receiving a clock from MIDI.

I can play the thing with CV/GATE and with MIDI but I can't get it to play on its own. It is because the clock is coming in from midi and it should be set to internal? (I still would like it to be synced to my midi clock even if I am generating patterns with the synth.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neopl ➡️
Can someone please explain how to play a pattern or more importantly how to generate a random pattern and play it?

Following the manual it tells me that once pattern is selected the pattern LED should flash. mine is lit solid. I am receiving a clock from MIDI.

I can play the thing with CV/GATE and with MIDI but I can't get it to play on its own. It is because the clock is coming in from midi and it should be set to internal? (I still would like it to be synced to my midi clock even if I am generating patterns with the synth.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Press and hold the 2 far lower right buttons
(back&write next tap)
The lights will flash on pattern 2 if on midi, select pattern 1 for internal to hear your programming and playing. Remember to switch it back to midi when connecting to sync to equipment.

The randomizer in write mode press the 2 far left buttons (clear/start stop) in between it says Rand, don't worry I missed that too. *L* They couldn't just add 2 damn letters to finish the word.
Hope that helps.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I’ve never been a collector of anything in my life, but I’ve bought enough 303 clones that maybe that’s what I’m doing. They all sound great!
to add to your growing collection of 303 clones - get a roland T-8
and a blue TD-3
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer TD-3 303 clone-blue.jpeg   Behringer TD-3 303 clone-286199520_10160886608717871_6198246404403846630_n.jpeg  
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
More distortion options for the TD-3.

Gear Addict

Quote:
to add to your growing collection of 303 clones - get a roland T-8
I really like the new small Roland AIRA range. The two tone styling is great! I just wish they also made proper analogue reissues as well.

Quote:
and a blue TD-3
Gotta collect them all! I think I’ll stop at lime and silver for now, but I do like a lot of the other colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiorange ➡️
More distortion options for the TD-3.
Very cool! I’m digging the JHS Overdrive Preamp for subtle-ish synth drive right now. I’m finding a lot of guitar pedals overly aggressive, requiring parallel use to ensure some of the original tone is kept. The Overdrive Preamp is chill enough that you can put it on anything without losing too much.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I really like the new small Roland AIRA range. The two tone styling is great! I just wish they also made proper analogue reissues as well.

Gotta collect them all! I think I’ll stop at lime and silver for now, but I do like a lot of the other colours.

Very cool! I’m digging the JHS Overdrive Preamp for subtle-ish synth drive right now. I’m finding a lot of guitar pedals overly aggressive, requiring parallel use to ensure some of the original tone is kept. The Overdrive Preamp is chill enough that you can put it on anything without losing too much.
Yes, parallel mixing should be standard in most effect devices.
📝 Reply