The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
November 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Radikal Accelerator - I've been interested in trying one for a while.. and the opportunity finally came up

Zoom UFO AR96

Also got an RD-8 & VC340 recentlyish, ordered a TD-3 and preordered the Osmose

No more doggy pics I'm afraid, my little pug girl left me a few months back
Old 26th November 2019 | Show parent
Deleted 13e7993
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo ➡️

I'm very sorry to hear that man. We lost two fur babies last year, gutted.

I think you'll enjoy the Accelerator.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, dude. She was a little cutie.
PES
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Replicator Jr.

Just ordered a T-Rex Replicator Junior, as gear4music is currently running a heavy discount on them. I have a modified Marantz tape recorder that I use for tape delay, but it has to be connected to a mixer aux and I've been wanting a self-contained solution. Between T-Rex's bankrupcy (and resurrection) earlier this year and the sale price I couldn't let this opportunity pass.
Old 27th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I am so sorry for you loss. One of my fur babies passed quickly and unexpectedly this summer, and I am far from over his passing. You always know it will inevitably happen within your lifetime, but it is never any easier. The photos you posted of your adorable doggo were one of my favorite things on these monthly threads, and I cannot imagine your sorrow over losing such a beautiful pup. My sincere condolences and support for your pain as your companion has crossed over the rainbow bridge.
Old 27th November 2019
Gear Guru

So sorry about your dog.

:(
Deleted cc546d2
Quote:

13 year old girl and two year old boy pug at my parents house, love em. They are the third and 4th. Sorry to hear about your friend.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES ➡️

Just ordered a T-Rex Replicator Junior, as gear4music is currently running a heavy discount on them. I have a modified Marantz tape recorder that I use for tape delay, but it has to be connected to a mixer aux and I've been wanting a self-contained solution. Between T-Rex's bankrupcy (and resurrection) earlier this year and the sale price I couldn't let this opportunity pass.
Any idea if when ordered from G4M it includes one of those generic power bricks with a selection of regional plugs...so i can use it in the US without having to acquire a different power adapter?
PES
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I believe it includes the manufacturer’s PSU, whatever that is (often they handle all voltages these days), but a converter plug to fit the outlet of the European region it is ordered from unless it is supplied by default.
Lives for gear

Just ordered a flightcase for my mixer. About time, whenever I gig I have been packing it carefully in its case but this will make my life so much easier. Un-sexy but essential.

Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
EQ Magic:
Attached Thumbnails
November 2019 New Gear Thread-thcjtvu.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalsound ➡️
EQ Magic:
Nice.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES ➡️

What's it like?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha ➡️
Nice.
Thanks, bro!
PES
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf ➡️
What's it like?
Posted early in case anyone wanted to know about the sale, but won’t receive it until next week. I have high hopes for low quality repeats.
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
I thought I could just grit my teeth and deal with active pickups on my electro-banjos, but it's just bugging me too much not being able to leave them plugged in without draining the batteries. So I took the cheap approach to that dumb idea I had earlier this month and picked these up on Reverb secondhand. (Though man, I hate paying taxes on online purchases now. The government is going to make a killing off of me!)

Also after spending all month talking myself in and out of V-Collection and Maschine, I decided to scratch my software itch with these while they're on sale:

The EZmix and EZdrummer concepts are super corny, but having played with them in the past, I thought they got pretty good results, so I thought $375 for all of that was a good bargain.

And since I'm dipping my toe a lot deeper into software (thanks @ jbuonacc ), I thought this would make it easier to get my hands dirty:

I'm broke and it ain't even Black Friday yet. But if this works out the way I'm hoping it will, I might be unloading some hardware soon. Au revoire Integra, Fantom, and a bucket of MPC's!
Old 28th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yeah man taxes be messing up my gas

@ Derp 8 strings? What’s the tuning on that?

Last edited by Don Solaris; 28th November 2019 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: merged rather than back to back posting
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage ➡️
@ Derp 8 strings? What’s the tuning on that?
I tune Tosin Abasi style: E B E A D G B E It makes figuring out accompanying baselines much easier and you can play some cool riffs by just dropping in that extra low octave.
Old 28th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp ➡️
I tune Tosin Abasi style: E B E A D G B E It makes figuring out accompanying baselines much easier and you can play some cool riffs by just dropping in that extra low octave.
Wow man that’s low!
Gear Guru

Quote:
That sounds and looks super fun.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage ➡️
Wow man that’s low!
First time I recorded with an 8-string, I didn't know that the bass usually plays the low notes in the same octave as the guitar. Stupid me grabs a 5-string and tunes it down to E an octave below the guitar, so the bass is just a loose string slapping around against the pickup. Loads of fun to play, but it was pure mud.
Old 28th November 2019
  • Korg M1 Legacy
  • Native Instruments RC 48 -- shot this out against a number of other reverbs, Lexicon MPX, Lexicon LXP, HD Card, TSAR-1, preferred it
  • Native Instruments Replika XT
  • Native Instruments Razor
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Overstayer Stereo VCA compressor with sidechain mod.

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundxplorer ➡️
Overstayer Stereo VCA compressor with sidechain mod.

Sweet!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
No need to figure out bass lines...you are the bass line, fire the bassist

I’ve been curious to try an 8 string, I’ve done some fake stuff with my variax in C#, then tuned an octave down....
Old 28th November 2019
Lives for gear

Black Friday sales are in full swing, and FabFilter got my business this year with the essentials bundle:

EQ

Reverb

Compressor
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Addict

Oh man, it isn't even BF but already splurged Hot almost all I wanted:

Strezov Sampling Wotan

Strezov Sampling Rhodope II

VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Andromeda

PianoTeq 6 Pro upgrade

That should keep me busy until Christmass
Old 28th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
First up Jomox Xbase 888

Second helping, sucker for odd stuff: DAFM SYNTH Genesis

Last edited by kazper; 29th November 2019 at 01:24 AM..
Old 29th November 2019
Gear Guru

Switched gears this week, returned the Matriarch...

...and went with a Grandmother, instead.

Not the Matriarch's fault, but the Grandmother is just a better fit right now. A smarter move. I needed more variety than more of the same, and too much of the Matriarch was "extra" in my rig at this time. Live and learn.

Not that I saved any money with the change. There's always other gear that requires the $$.

Both the Matriarch and Grandmother are great. Zero complaints, and I'm quite pleased with keeping the Grandmother...
Old 29th November 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sansung Galaxy Tab A for my XR-18 mixer. I'm pretty impressed with it considering it's the lowest spec. Also got an anglepoise style tablet holder so I can move the tablet around where I need it, Now I need to take everything apart and rewire from scratch and then decide what stays and goes. I have synths going through around 30 stomp boxes and I'm hoping the XR-18 can mimic what the stomp boxes do. Save space and cables and in theory have all the effects synced to midi clock.
Closed