The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbob ➡️
We've got a Medusa in the shop, we'll take a look at it when we get back from NAMM and see if we can identify an issue.
Awesome, will be interested in anything you can find. I don’t think I have the latest firmware on my Medusa, so I will also try updating that and report back.

That said, I’ve just discovered a more serious issue in that it appears the last of the hardware DIN input ports I had to troubleshoot (was intending to use it for a less used piece, just got to testing) is not working; I can swap to other inputs and those devices will work, but the one is question does not see any input or show anything output on the MRCC midi monitor. I’m hoping there’s a factory reset or other troubleshooting I can do…just made a post about this on the Conductive Labs forum too, but really hoping it can be quickly resolved so I don’t have to contact the retailer now months later for options.
Gear Head
Previewing some new MIDI gear at NAMM 2022

Just posted this in the new product alert area...

Conductive Labs announcing two new MIDI interface products at NAMM...

New MRCC µ88 MIDI Router by Conductive Labs

MRCC µ88 MIDI Router

MRCC XpandR 4x1

Shipping summer 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbob ➡️
Just posted this in the new product alert area...

Conductive Labs announcing two new MIDI interface products at NAMM...

New MRCC µ88 MIDI Router by Conductive Labs

MRCC µ88 MIDI Router

MRCC XpandR 4x1

Shipping summer 2022
The XpandR 4x1 is exactly what I needed for all my keyboards connected to the Remote. You read my mind. Any word on price yet?
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent ➡️
The XpandR 4x1 is exactly what I needed for all my keyboards connected to the Remote. You read my mind. Any word on price yet?
We're shooting for $79 USD for XpandR. We might have a pre-sale deal too. I'll announce it here, or you can opt-in on our site to get on the mail list to be notified.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Does this’ expander work in conjunction with the remote or is it an either/or type deal?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️
Does this’ expander work in conjunction with the remote or is it an either/or type deal?
I have a 4x1 Xpandr hooked to an MRCC which is hooked to a second MRCC which is also hooked to a 5 out expander. So basically any/all combos seem to work within reason
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy ➡️
I have a 4x1 Xpandr hooked to an MRCC which is hooked to a second MRCC which is also hooked to a 5 out expander. So basically any/all combos seem to work within reason
Nice! So the xpandr thingy connects to MRCC via USB leaving the remote CAT5 Jack available for the remote?

MRCC and accessories are on sale right now too. I’ll have to consider my needs and finances but I like the idea of connecting two units together.

Thanks
Gear Guru

Quote:
Almost brings tears of joy to the eye...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius ➡️
Almost brings tears of joy to the eye...

My biggest issue was that I was replacing an old reliable Sycologic 16x32 MIDI patchbay.
Most of my gear had been DIN connections and having 16 ins and 32 outs made it easy to have everything connected. When I first got the MRCC, the 5 in/12 out was quite a downsizing, so I was an early adopter/beta tester for a pair of MRCCs to get to 10 in/24 out

With more gear using USB and TRS connections, it is less painful, but being able to attach one (or more!) 4x1 Xpandr's to the USB ports should give you a lot of flexibility if you need more DIN connections.

There's also the bonus Out port on it that you can you either as a merged out from all the INs or as a separate routable output assignable on the MRCC as if it was a USB output.

So I have sequencers + controller keyboard + a rack synth using 4 of the 4 Ins and the out is going back to that rack synth so I can do patch load/save/edits as well as play it from other gear.

The USB/PC virtual ports plus the ability to assign Ins and Outs across 2 MRCCs means there can be some head-scratching moments as you figure out how and where to plug everything in, but once it's configured with some default routs saved as a preset or two, it becomes much easier.

I created labels to tape under the buttons with the primary src/dest on top and the remote MRCC labels below. The attached xls file is an example (note the name overlap so when it's printed and cut you can properly overlay the sections)
Attached Files
File Type: xls mrcc_labels.xls (59.5 KB, 4 views)
Lives for gear

My initial use-case for the MRCC was to allow me to quickly switch between a hw sequencer and a multitrack recorder reversing the master/slave relationship between the two. Obviously this was a piece of cake and there’s much more potential here that I’m awakening to. The ability to quickly swap in my various hw sequencers as needs dictate as well as running them in parallel with sync are some other powerful possibilities and for the 1st time ever being able to have all of my keyboard instruments be live for recording MIDI from is amazing.
With the MRCC as the brain of my MIDI network I also bypass all the annoying limitations of my legacy patchbays.
I’m getting a God complex
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
one of the greatest benefits in your scenario is the MRCC's ability to merge any two (or more!) streams and have it all 'just work'.

I don't even think twice about routing a sequencer and a MIDI controller to a destination synth while I have my E-RM master clock also being sent to the sequencer and sometimes even the synth for synced LFOs and such.
Lives for gear

Quote:
one of the greatest benefits in your scenario is the MRCC's ability to merge any two (or more!) streams and have it all 'just work'.

I don't even think twice about routing a sequencer and a MIDI controller to a destination synth while I have my E-RM master clock also being sent to the sequencer and sometimes even the synth for synced LFOs and such.
Yes the flexible merging capabilities really open up a ton of options. On the output side I use my pair of MAV-8s for routing 4 buses to various instruments and effects devices with each target having its own dedicated MIDI cable and no thrus or daisy chains. Having this level of granularity is interesting.
I still use the old parallel port MOTU in preset mode as a 8 way merge for all the synths on the synth wall so they can all be used as masters. I love this especially with all those instruments that are knobby and send CCs or have fun on board sequencers or arpeggiators like the XW-P1 and Poly Evolver etc.
But I need some more DIN inputs. I can’t get the Squid to work over USB so it’s sharing a DIN input with another device and the same for the RY30 and the output from the MOTU. Have to get the expander at the very least. Thinking really hard about a 2nd MRCC for my bedroom studio. I already have a stage box for my QU32 in there so those synths can be recorded into the studio room so I might as well go the extra mile and plumb MIDI across the two rooms.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️
I can’t get the Squid to work over USB t
Note: after updating MRCC to 1.1.052 this problem is gone. Squid USB works as expected now
📝 Reply