Quantcast
MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs
Old 13th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

They're SHIPPING!!!!

Quote:
If you are Kickstarter MRCC backer ID between 1 and 150 (you can check on Kickstarter.com), you can start looking for the email from "trackmyshipment.co" with the tracking info.
Old 13th June 2021
Gear Head

I've received friday a Fedex email, the delivery is expected tomorrow. Fedex tracking is more updated than trackmyshipment.co
Old 13th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldon Tyrell ➡️
I've received friday a Fedex email, the delivery is expected tomorrow. Fedex tracking is more updated than trackmyshipment.co
Yay! Congrats!
Old 17th June 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

As expected Fedex is a pain to deliver in my area, after 5 calls (not free !) it's expected next monday, and 95 euros VAT and Fedex robbery :D
Old 17th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
As expected Fedex is a pain to deliver in my area, after 5 calls (not free !) it's expected next monday, and 95 euros VAT and Fedex robbery :D
I'm just going to leave this here:

FEDEX IS THE WORST.

MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs-screen-shot-2021-06-17-12.12.31-pm.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs-screen-shot-2021-06-17-12.12.31-pm.jpg  
Old 17th June 2021
Gear Head

In fact I'm not lucky to have an early bird. On Kickstarter :

"Darryl McGee

We were informed that import tax rates are too high on some of the MRCC shipments. We found that Backerkit does not use the actual cost paid at Kickstarter, even though they have that data, it's what we see when we look at the order. There's a default value that we must manually edit. We have corrected the problem, but the first 33 backers who will have duty/VAT charges (not-USA) will likely see higher than expected fees. If your shipping document shows the value of MRCC is $379.00 USD, please email us at support(at)conductivelabs.com and we'll make you an invoice for you to contest the fee to get your money back.

We are terribly sorry about the mistake and the hassle to recover your fees. It was an oversight on our part; we made a bad assumption that Backerkit would put the value paid on the shipping data sent to the postal provider. We are quite surprised they do not."

So yes, Fedex can't deliver fast, but for the amount, it's not their fault (for me all shipping companies are not good in my area, UPS, DHL, our national postal service...)
Old 18th June 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➡️
They're SHIPPING!!!!
Mine arrived this morning. Haven't plugged it in yet - will do that later in the day when I have some time.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranzee ➡️

I'm doing a few videos on this.

If you want me to address any issues or try anything special out - please let me know

Part 2 should be out in a few days - I'm going to show how the USB 4 port virtual hub works. Plus a few questions answered from the video above.
Excellent video - nice clear descriptions of what you are doing. I can't wait to start using my MRCC.
Old 18th June 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
ok, they must be starting to show up in the wild now. just got mine yesterday and unpacked... will have to do a bit of studio rewiring before getting a chance to use it
Gear Head

Unexpected delivery today ! Cool. I have to read the manual
Old 22nd June 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
MRCC received

#MRCC - received it yesterday For test drive connected iPad on PC port and Synthstrom Deluge on DIN midi - worked instantly. Excellent solution to connect devices, such as controllers, sequencers to iPad.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjvti ➡️
#MRCC - received it yesterday For test drive connected iPad on PC port and Synthstrom Deluge on DIN midi - worked instantly. Excellent solution to connect devices, such as controllers, sequencers to iPad.
just updated my iPad with touchOSC and the Moog synths too. what app are you using to pass midi on it?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by millionmiles ➡️
just updated my iPad with touchOSC and the Moog synths too. what app are you using to pass midi on it?
For quick testing purposes I used AUM with several instances of Synthmaster - everything worked smoothly and was easy to set up.
Old 23rd June 2021
Gear Head

New firmware and manual on their site:

"The first firmware update for MRCC is now linked on the download page of our website. Its got some experimental WIP features, so we hope it didn't introduce any issues, but it seems to be working well here in the lab.
1. New setting for Remote 7 to be remote routable instead of a "copy" of ports 1-5. Yes, 5 more routable outputs using the Remote button.
2. Experimental routing MRCC to MRCC connected via the RJ45, with remote routing of output ports 1-12. Works on up to 10 meter cable. Works great, but we haven't tested all the corner cases.
3. A new MOD called Channel to Port Mapping (C-P1) will map the channels of an input to individual channels on seperate outputs. See the newest manual for details.
4. A new MOD called Note Map (NMp) will let you select notes to transpose to. A Note Map Type setting defines rules for how notes will be transposed. This is WIP, Steve's playground 🙂
A bug fix for routing SysEx from a PC port input to a PC port output.
Known issue: the channel map MOD Exclusive mode blocks non-channel message, like clock.
We will be watching our forums for reports of any issues and will make bug fixes a priority."
Old 23rd June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
A new MOD called Channel to Port Mapping (C-P1) will map the channels of an input to individual channels on seperate outputs.
I can think of more than a few use-cases for this feature.
Really helpful new updates. Cool!
Old 23rd June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
New firmware and manual on their site:

"The first firmware update for MRCC is now linked on the download page of our website. Its got some experimental WIP features, so we hope it didn't introduce any issues, but it seems to be working well here in the lab.
1. New setting for Remote 7 to be remote routable instead of a "copy" of ports 1-5. Yes, 5 more routable outputs using the Remote button.
2. Experimental routing MRCC to MRCC connected via the RJ45, with remote routing of output ports 1-12. Works on up to 10 meter cable. Works great, but we haven't tested all the corner cases.
3. A new MOD called Channel to Port Mapping (C-P1) will map the channels of an input to individual channels on seperate outputs. See the newest manual for details.
4. A new MOD called Note Map (NMp) will let you select notes to transpose to. A Note Map Type setting defines rules for how notes will be transposed. This is WIP, Steve's playground 🙂
A bug fix for routing SysEx from a PC port input to a PC port output.
Known issue: the channel map MOD Exclusive mode blocks non-channel message, like clock.
We will be watching our forums for reports of any issues and will make bug fixes a priority."
heart-eyes emoji
heart-eyes emoji
heart-eyes emoji
Old 21st July 2021
Lives for gear

Got my tracking number!

I'm obviously excited to get this bit of kit, but I'm going to swap rooms between exercise and musical equipment when it arrives, so there's a little bit of dread involved as well.
Old 22nd July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Got my tracking num!
Old 24th July 2021
Lives for gear

"Mr. CC" is now safely in my home, awaiting unboxing while I finish up my studio move. I can't wait to hook everything up to it! I'm going to set up my Fantom 7 as a master keyboard. I'm also going to use my Force as a controller. I'm giddy thinking about how easy it's going to be to switch up the routing.
Old 24th July 2021
Lives for gear

I have mine unpacked but hardly used in anger yet. It's a long time ago that I ordered it, and an iConnectivity MioXL has been racked under my desk since then. But the MRCC has a bright future additionally, especially as a standalone without the PC ... when I find the time ... PC needs new CPU/MB upgrade first ... I have the stuff but not the down-time!
Old 31st July 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Great work with this product. I especially like how it stands off the desktop so cables can pass through underneath. That was unexpected but a huge detail.

It works as advertised so far and is a lot smaller and lighter than I expected as well. I'm very happy with it.

MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs-20210731_070946.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs-20210731_070946.jpg  
Old 1st August 2021
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I'm looking at a few right-angled MIDI 5-pin DIN fittings to use with my MRCC, but would rather not experiment. Has anyone had experience with the quality of these fittings, or is there perhaps a better idea for reducing the cable profile?
Old 1st August 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leMel42 ➡️
I'm looking at a few right-angled MIDI 5-pin DIN fittings to use with my MRCC, but would rather not experiment. Has anyone had experience with the quality of these fittings, or is there perhaps a better idea for reducing the cable profile?
Won't right-angle cables block some of the ports? It seems to me that straight plugs would be best.
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can't speak to the quality of these, but the design looks good to me.

EBS MIDI-180 70 inch (180cm) BlueDOT 5p Flat MIDI Cable https://reverb.com/item/36489598-ebs...lat-midi-cable
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping ➡️
Won't right-angle cables block some of the ports? It seems to me that straight plugs would be best.
Yes some, but not all. You have experience with the quality of these fittings?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes some, but not all. You have experience with the quality of these fittings?
No, I just buy the cheapest midi cables I can find.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping ➡️
No, I just buy the cheapest midi cables I can find.
Looking for comments on personal experience/longevity of right-angle MIDI fittings - I've already found a bunch of brands.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Looking for comments on personal experience/longevity of right-angle MIDI fittings - I've already found a bunch of brands.
I have some Rockboard FlaX midi cables in various lengths that have held up, I can't speak for them getting stepped on at the connection point or beaten up at gigs but for home use with casual re-arranging, they've been great and you can re-orient them as you need. Oh and they are flat cables as well which is nice :D
Old 2nd August 2021
Lives for gear

I have a few Rockboard flat right-angled cables... only short lengths for pedal board connections. They are fine ... but limited use on the MRCC.

On another note... for those not using this as a permanent desktop or rack unit ... a useful protective carry-case is a softcase for flutes ...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1627940655880
Lots of options, not expensive.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So far, I've been using mine mostly as a master clock and start/stop. As a request/question for @ zenbob , could you optimize the software for this use case a little more please? Changing start/stop to a toggle would be a nice upgrade, instead of switching back and forth using the white nav buttons. Or allow the main knob to move between the control functions and pushing it performs the action. Maybe both?

Thank you for this well-made product! I'm very happy to be a customer, even if I'm using 5% of what it can do.
📝 Reply