The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Roland Jupiter X / XM
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poumtschak ➡️
The Jupiter-X/Xm editor has been updated to 1.0.4 build 369.

From the productSettings.xml file found in the JUPITERprmdb folder, it seems the Juno-60 ABM model is next in line.

FWIW, Juno-X editor is now 1.0.1 build 129.
Could it be that the editors for the Jupiter-X and the Juno-X share some code? Meaning: some stuff from the Juno editor is present in the Jupiter editor?

Is the Jupiter-X present in the Juno editor?..
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_xyz ➡️
Nice find re the Juno 60! (to save anyone else getting over-excited like I did, this is the editor version that came out around 20th May.)
FWIW , the Juno-60 was already quoted in the previous v1.0.3 editor files.
According to diff on the files, v1.0.4 is just about the 512 user memory slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big thing ➡️
Could it be that the editors for the Jupiter-X and the Juno-X share some code?
You know the Juno-X and the Jupiter-X are the same device, right?

Same code, except for the graphics and the model specific parameters.
As Deserboat noticed, the Juno-X has a slightly altered SysEx header and implementation, and still 256 user memory slots instead of 512 in the revised Jupiter-X v3.0.

https://mididesigner.com/qa/9181/the...few-lines-code
https://mididesigner.com/qa/9197/rol...setting-update
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Congratulations to all you Jupiter X/XM folks on your intelligent purchase. I knew I would eventually get both a Prophet X and a Jupiter X - one each year. But I made the unfortunate choice of getting the Prophet first. Don’t get me wrong - I love it. They are completely different, of course.

But now that I been waiting a couple of months, and it seems there is still a couple of more months to go until they are in stock again, and the price has gone up $400 - well, I just wish I had gotten the Jupiter first. Darn, had a 50/50 chance.

Oh well, too bad for me. I now return you luckier folks to enjoying your smart purchase! Hope to join you some day.
Here for the gear

Jupiter-xm mic input?

Great info in this thread. I have a couple of questions to jupiter X owners and would be grateful for feedback.

I love my DAW workflow with the jupiter as midi and audio get so nicely integrated -I can choose to bounce audio channel by channel or record scenes with layering.

I only have one additional hardware synth, which I’ve connected to JupiterX aux-in.

I also record vocals and instruments through the Jupiter mic in interface, with intermediate results.

Now to my problem and question. Windows only allows one audio interface, as far as I know. A shortcoming with my setup is that all mic recording are completely dry, except from some compression, which the Jupiter interface provides.

Question 1: If I were to use a different audio interface e.g. with DSP to be able to do wet recordings I will lose the ability to easily bounce all 5 midi channels separately to audio. Is there a workaround?

Question 2: What is your sense of the preamp and compression on the Jupiter in terms of noise/quality?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Question MIDI transmit

I want the Jupiter X to send PC to a Nord Stage 2. This works only with the Scene Zone Master Kbd parameter TX Mode set to „MKB“ but not with „ON“. The other parameters in that section seem only to work when TX Mode is set to „MKB“. System settings for MIDI Tx are all set to „ON“. But with the setting „MKB“ I get unwanted masterkeyboard interactions with the Nord.
To my understanding the PC should also be possible with the setting „ON“. I do not see any other options for setting the MIDI Tx channel on the Jupiter or am I missing something?
Thanks for your support.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Anyone know when the Juno 60 model comes out ?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris250867 ➡️
I do not see any other options for setting the MIDI Tx channel on the Jupiter or am I missing something?.
Not sure about the PC stuff, but "scene part edit>Rx Ch" also sets the transmit channel for the part on a per-scene basis.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_xyz ➡️
Not sure about the PC stuff, but "scene part edit>Rx Ch" also sets the transmit channel for the part on a per-scene basis.
Thanks for the remark, Paul. I changed "scene part edit>Rx Ch" to the correct channel incl. all other parameters in that section to "ON" and switched Scene Zone Master Kbd parameter TX Mode to „ON“. The MSB/LSB and PC settings I did in Scene Zone Master Kbd section since this is for me the only known possibility to enter this information. Unfortunately and unexpectedly that did not work...no PC was transmitted. It only works when I set TX Mode to „MKB“ but then I get unwanted masterkeyboard interactions with the Nord. To me this is a little irritating and does not work as expected or do I oversee something?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJohn ➡️
Great info in this thread. I have a couple of questions to jupiter X owners and would be grateful for feedback.

I love my DAW workflow with the jupiter as midi and audio get so nicely integrated -I can choose to bounce audio channel by channel or record scenes with layering.

I only have one additional hardware synth, which I’ve connected to JupiterX aux-in.

I also record vocals and instruments through the Jupiter mic in interface, with intermediate results.

Now to my problem and question. Windows only allows one audio interface, as far as I know. A shortcoming with my setup is that all mic recording are completely dry, except from some compression, which the Jupiter interface provides.

Question 1: If I were to use a different audio interface e.g. with DSP to be able to do wet recordings I will lose the ability to easily bounce all 5 midi channels separately to audio. Is there a workaround?

Question 2: What is your sense of the preamp and compression on the Jupiter in terms of noise/quality?
Replying to my own thread here: I guess the mic in function for JpX is mainly for the Vocoder model but I'm still exploring it's potential for recording vocals.

Contrary to what I wrote above, it is possible to apply compression (which routes to mic in) and apply send to Fx (which I guess is for monitoring only).

From the manual:
MIC IN
Mic In Gain -24.0–+24.0 [dB] Adjusts the input level of the MIC IN jack.
Mic Power OFF, ON If this is “ON”, plug-in power (5 V) is supplied to the MIC IN jack.
Rev Send Lev 0–127 Specifies the amount of reverb that is applied to the mic input.
Cho Send Lev 0–127 Specifies the amount of chorus that is applied to the mic input.
Dly Send Lev 0–127 Specifies the amount of delay that is applied to the mic input.
Mic Thru OFF, ON If you want the mic to be cut when the vocoder is off, turn this “OFF”.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poumtschak ➡️
You know the Juno-X and the Jupiter-X are the same device, right?

Same code, except for the graphics and the model specific parameters.
As Deserboat noticed, the Juno-X has a slightly altered SysEx header and implementation, and still 256 user memory slots instead of 512 in the revised Jupiter-X v3.0.
https://mididesigner.com/qa/9197/rol...setting-update
I need a bit more light on the compatibility of both synths: All Zen core models from the Juno X (including the new Juno X expansion) will be upwards compatible to the Jupiter X (and vice versa), only the special extened "Jupiter 8" aka Jupiter X model fits not in the downsized Juno X? Or does it fit as well?
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The Jupiter X model has nothing to do with the Jupiter 8 model. All vintage models are compatible with both the Juno and the Jupiter X. Only the dedicated Jupiter X and Juno X models run only on the corresponding boards.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by duplobaustein ➡️
The Jupiter X model has nothing to do with the Jupiter 8 model. All vintage models are compatible with both the Juno and the Jupiter X. Only the dedicated Jupiter X and Juno X models run only on the corresponding boards.
I've read more than once that the Jupiter X model is based on the Jupiter 8 model (as the Juno X is an advanced Juno model, hence the names Juno X and Jupiter X) , but with enhanced modern capabilities than their older limited siblings to finally correspond 1:1 with all sliders and buttons of the hardware synth. Some people say the Jupiter X engine is finally the up to date Jupiter engine that it should have been right from the start (while the Juno X is lucky to be already born with it).

https://www.amazona.de/os-update-3-0...-jupiter-x-xm/
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
The jupiter-x model uses some of the jupiter 8 model's settings/scalings under the hood in zencore - especially its filters, but it is a distinct model, in the same way that all the models are layers that pull the strings of the underlying zencore engine.
Old 22 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Exactly! The only difference is, that the Jupiter X and the Juno X models are bound to the boards and can't be run on the other one.
Old 16 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duplobaustein ➡️
Exactly! The only difference is, that the Jupiter X and the Juno X models are bound to the boards and can't be run on the other one.
The Jupiter X model has everything the Juno X does and more.
Old 11 hours ago
Lives for gear
They use different filters.
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeuout ➡️
The Jupiter X model has everything the Juno X does and more.
The Jupiter-X and Xm synthesizers have the Jupiter-X model. The Juno-X synthesizer has the Juno-X model.

The Jupiter-X and Xm synthesizers do not have the Juno-X model as new. The Juno-X synthesizer does not have the Jupiter-X model as new.
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Are the xm keys better or larger than the Arturia keysteps?
Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by logodave ➡️
The Jupiter-X and Xm synthesizers have the Jupiter-X model. The Juno-X synthesizer has the Juno-X model.

The Jupiter-X and Xm synthesizers do not have the Juno-X model as new. The Juno-X synthesizer does not have the Jupiter-X model as new.
The Jupiter X ABM model can do everything the Juno X ABM model can do and more.
📝 Reply