The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland MC-707 & MC-101 Grooveboxes
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Has anyone dug through the effects yet? Any hints about gold that you've found? I really like the reverse delay. You can get an instant granular/glitch vibe once you start running sounds through it. Sounds really good with default settings as well. There are some really good phaser effects as well that aren't too over the top. Usable for subtle modulation. I had a lot of fun on Friday mapping all the lo-fi bit crush parameters to the track knobs and playing Rhodes EP lines while crunching the sound. The Juno Chorus is a solid thumbs up as well.

I found the default Integra 7 reverb a bit too subdued, but it sounds much better IMHO once you crank up the tone. I don't want my reverb to sound subtle, dammit, I want it to sound like reverb!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Head

I want more expansions :D
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyNerd ➡️
I want more expansions :D
make some then....
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cresshead ➡️
make some then....
I haven't earned any Grammy yet.
Gear Head

Quote:
And the hit would have been done with an MC-707. Issue is: we're in 2021
So there's at least 2 easter eggs on the Roland MC-707
The first of which is the game pong.
To play it, wait for the screensaver to start and then press the C1 and C4 buttons
The second easter egg is a little character (BOUZU) that pops it's head up on the screen momentarily after the machine has been in USB storage mode for 30 minutes.

Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

Man, I was fanatic for that game 40 years ago, Spectrum 48k age.
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

The guy in the first video wrote something about scene chain, but that isn’t possible (yet), right?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen ➡️
The guy in the first video wrote something about scene chain, but that isn’t possible (yet), right?
yes but a scene chain can only play sequentially a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h

so he was manually changing scenes because he flipped around a,b,c,b,e,f,c,h,,g, for example.
Lives for gear

Quote:
yes but a scene chain can only play sequentially a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h

so he was manually changing scenes because he flipped around a,b,c,b,e,f,c,h,,g, for example.
Oh really I didn’t know that was possible
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen ➡️
Oh really I didn’t know that was possible
just to be clear, that's what i understand from reading the manual, i don't have an mc707 yet... so if I'm in error an actual mc707 owner may chime in.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsy ➡️
Has anyone dug through the effects yet? Any hints about gold that you've found?
I saw someone in a YouTube video use the sustainer as a simple volume boost for a part. I thought that was pretty interesting and it works surprisingly well.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarekith ➡️
I saw someone in a YouTube video use the sustainer as a simple volume boost for a part. I thought that was pretty interesting and it works surprisingly well.

really nice on drum loops and all sorts of things, along with the transient shaper. the sustainer was a nice surprise though. i had the Boss pedal when i was just starting out, but didn't experiment with it much and dumped it. didn't "get it" at the time, didn't even know what a compressor was back then.
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarekith ➡️
I saw the Red Means Recording guy do that in his Chop video series. I thought that was curious since drum choices can have an individual gain setting on a PER PAD basis, which is really handy. I guess the sustainer gives you more granularity in gain settings, rather than just +6 or +12. I'll just chalk that up to one of the (many) things I don't understand.

BTW I enjoyed your vids, Tarekith! The "long term" review was helpful when I was looking to buy. You don't see enough clear eyed reviews from owners after the honeymoon phase is over.
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogsy ➡️
I saw the Red Means Recording guy do that in his Chop video series. I thought that was curious since drum choices can have an individual gain setting on a PER PAD basis, which is really handy. I guess the sustainer gives you more granularity in gain settings, rather than just +6 or +12. I'll just chalk that up to one of the (many) things I don't understand.

BTW I enjoyed your vids, Tarekith! The "long term" review was helpful when I was looking to buy. You don't see enough clear eyed reviews from owners after the honeymoon phase is over.
Thanks very much!
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

Where's the update? Where's the update???
📝 Reply