The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Now that Reason 11 will be a VST synth, who is thinking about finally grabbing it?
Old 1st August 2021
Lives for gear

How often does one specific question unrelated to the thread itself get attention from window shoppers as oh that's a probable cause for me having that problem as well in ten days or a million years. Can we discuss Reason 12 now perhaps since it's out and it's great. I saw lots of non related posts in this thread.

It's quite a lot like;

-Hey a new Reason is out
-Can it clean my dirty socks? If not...
Old 1st August 2021
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
The new zoom/better graphics feature didn't work the way I expected it, I thought it would mean we could detach the rack and detach instruments and then choose a zoom amount from a small icon like you can do with 99% of other plug ins.. For whatever reason Props always seem to find the sht way to do upgrades/changes. Still no multiple MIDI clock out. 2022 maybe..? fmd
Old 1st August 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitleyTM ➡️
Can we discuss Reason 12 now perhaps since it's out and it's great. I saw lots of non related posts in this thread.
Reason 12 isn’t out. 2 of the upcoming features were added to R+ subscribers only, and at least 1 of those features weren’t ready for the stable channel IMHO. That’s a good conversation to have, though.

92 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
So Sept 1st for Reason 12? Subscribers get early access; kinda like beta-testing. The upgrades look good.
Constantly blown away by the sounds in 11 - still preferring the Arturia piano/keys/organs - but the other instruments are top-notch.
Old 1st August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Im thinking about putting r11 on my new m1 imac. Not sure if its optimized yet but that could be a fun little portable setup.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab ➡️
Im thinking about putting r11 on my new m1 imac. Not sure if its optimized yet but that could be a fun little portable setup.
It is not optimized yet. It works with Rosetta but performance is extremely poor on Apple silicon.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz ➡️
The new zoom/better graphics feature didn't work the way I expected it, I thought it would mean we could detach the rack and detach instruments and then choose a zoom amount from a small icon like you can do with 99% of other plug ins.. For whatever reason Props always seem to find the sht way to do upgrades/changes. Still no multiple MIDI clock out. 2022 maybe..? fmd
Do you mean rack devices opening in a separate window, like how VST plugins are handled now?

As for multiple Midi out clock you can get a Kenton midi through box for that whilst RS figure it out. Many older devices have midi through ports tho.
Old 2nd August 2021 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend ➡️
Do you mean rack devices opening in a separate window, like how VST plugins are handled now?
yes that's one feature I'm sure loads of people use, then when you get the instrument the size you want it it can be saved into the rack and will always pop out that size you want. Still RE's don't release out of the rack nor do they zoom individually. You can only zoom the entire DAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend ➡️
for multiple Midi out clock you can get a Kenton midi through box for that whilst RS figure it out. Many older devices have midi through ports tho.
Every other DAW lets you have multiple MIDI outs sending clock. I have a MOTU 8 in 8 out MIDI interface, it would be nice if I could just send clock to all my synths that need it directly with stupid thru boxes or daisy chaining.
Old 2nd August 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Version 12 will need to fix multiple issues: ensure it runs on Apple chip, make display optimized for large screens, enable midi on multi, etc, etc. And then they need a big sale and just rock it.
I have been tempted to get it for the fx and couple of the synths. If I were in the box I would get version 12 the day it drops.
📝 Reply