Behringer 2600 - Page 242 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer 2600
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cognistudio ➡️
I think we can reasonably assume Andertons didn't have an inordinately large stock of GMs or BMs compared to Thomann or Sweetwater, and they haven't been getting re-supplies during this time. The fact that it isn't sold out at Andertons, even though they ship worldwide, tells me they are too expensive, and people are waiting for Thomann/Sweetwater/Cosmo to get more stock. Or, everyone who wanted one got one, and high demand is over - which doesn't seem to be the case.
I find that baffling. Whilst money is money, the 2600 is such a bargain even at Andertons’ price.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by le bouch ➡️
I find that baffling. Whilst money is money, the 2600 is such a bargain even at Andertons’ price.
agreed, 650 is a bargain imo - crazy days where folk think a 2600 clone @650 is not a decent deal, it shows how far things have come , or gone

weird that g4m are saying a ton less , the kicker is they have no stock
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Perhaps the 2600 is more of a niche synth than GSers think? Or perhaps people have already loaded up on B’s preset-less monos and are looking for poly synths now?

I’m 2600-curious, but in no hurry to get one. Once the Korg is out too, and COVID is out the way, I’d like to try them in store and see if they’re inspiring boxes.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've bought a few of the Behringer synths at the full price but even though they're great prices they still drop. What was that Neutron going for, 167 quid?! 100 quid is still 100 quid, and I'm not in a hurry to stuff another synth into the overflowing badly set up mess that is my "studio". The Odyssey is really good, in my saner moments I question if I really need a 2600 as well. Still gonna get one! Come on Thomann.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Lionel Ritchie playing the 2600. I bet you didn't expect this,
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia ➡️
Perhaps the 2600 is more of a niche synth than GSers think? Or perhaps people have already loaded up on B’s preset-less monos and are looking for poly synths now?

I’m 2600-curious, but in no hurry to get one. Once the Korg is out too, and COVID is out the way, I’d like to try them in store and see if they’re inspiring boxes.
I would be surprised if anyone didn't think it was a bit of a small crowd synth, certainly no virus or microkorg sales

It's a classic but like many synths, the allure is more that most people can't have it than they really want it
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
Amazing, even without the cable connected and without a main unit he rocks it.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Great tune(love America) & U can say that again and one more time. None of the y-tube stuff I've heard does this thing any justice same could be said for the KARP & the real mccoy ARP IMHO folks thanx dudes

'All Hail Kurzweil!' 'Long Live V.A.S.T. !' Thanx for your genius Ray K.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Wow what a great y-tube mix viz! All that stuff is right up my alley some of my all-time favorite music downloaded 'My Mix' to my library already had most of those songs in it anyway we pretty much share the same taste in music which is fantastic! thanx again
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c ➡️
Just saying, I've never heard any "magic" in Youtube's sound quality either
Neither have I nor for any ARP, BARP or KARP (videos) folks thanx for pointin' that out dude.

'All Hail Kurzweil!' 'Long Live V.A.S.T. !' Thanx for your genius Ray K.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by agstreyiii ➡️
Great tune(love America) & U can say that again and one more time. None of the y-tube stuff I've heard does this thing any justice same could be said for the KARP & the real mccoy ARP IMHO folks thanx dudes
The effects of Youtube audio compression are a frequent enough topic here and on other synth sites that I'm honestly surprised some enterprising synth enthusiast hasn't already started their own youtube-esque service that serves up synth demo videos with uncompressed audio.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot ➡️
The effects of Youtube audio compression are a frequent enough topic here and on other synth sites that I'm honestly surprised some enterprising synth enthusiast hasn't already started their own youtube-esque service that serves up synth demo videos with uncompressed audio.
Why does it have to be a video if someone want to know how it sounds

I know videos are dominating the synth demo scene, but have never understood why. The visuals are pretty much redundant IMO. Soundcloud posts with lossless DL as an option would be much more better for evaluating sound quality. I don't need to see your hands thanks
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Noise ➡️
Amazing, even without the cable connected and without a main unit he rocks it.

You can see the main unit just next to the clavinet player and on the bottom left of its façade you can see the cable going to the 3620
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock ➡️
I've bought a few of the Behringer synths at the full price but even though they're great prices they still drop. What was that Neutron going for, 167 quid?! 100 quid is still 100 quid, and I'm not in a hurry to stuff another synth into the overflowing badly set up mess that is my "studio". The Odyssey is really good, in my saner moments I question if I really need a 2600 as well. Still gonna get one! Come on Thomann.
And here's me questioning whether I really need my OG Mk3 Oddy now I have the 2600...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger ➡️
And here's me questioning whether I really need my OG Mk3 Oddy now I have the 2600...
The answer of course is yes to both.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinw ➡️

You can see the main unit just next to the clavinet player and on the bottom left of its façade you can see the cable going to the 3620
All true but they're still miming
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
If you don't need the cash I would say keep! Or at least, put it away for a while and see if you miss it.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinw ➡️

Oops okay, i stand corrected. Pardon me, my eyes are getting old :-D
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I gave up waiting for the £548 one from DV247 as the 'in stock' date keeps changing and the price went up to £655 anyway, and just ordered my blue from Andertons.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c ➡️
Why does it have to be a video if someone want to know how it sounds

I know videos are dominating the synth demo scene, but have never understood why. The visuals are pretty much redundant IMO. Soundcloud posts with lossless DL as an option would be much more better for evaluating sound quality. I don't need to see your hands thanks
Visualization of the patch is sometimes helpful, especially for something like the 2600. I agree that most synth 'videos' could probably lose the video part though.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
That would only result in some people claiming that the very process of converting analog audio to digital, regardless of resolution, destroys the "magic" (or "presence" or "life" or whatever term people are using now), and that nothing can give you the real sense of the "magic" other than playing it in person. Or hearing it in on one of your favourite records. Whichever.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
All true but they're still miming
Indeed, but at least they made a good effort here! Nothing like watching obvious mime videos with no cables connected to anything, performers twiddling knobs that would have no effect on the actual sound, "drummers" playing but the audio is Linndrum, pretending to play chords on a Minimoog, etc.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Visualization of the patch is sometimes helpful, especially for something like the 2600. I agree that most synth 'videos' could probably lose the video part though.
So you'd throw in a SVG/GIF file with the patch sheet. A far cry from needing to throw 25+ frames/sec for minutes into the cloud. Unless, you know, its more about "look at me" than "listen to this"
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Republic ➡️
That would only result in some people claiming that the very process of converting analog audio to digital, regardless of resolution, destroys the "magic" (or "presence" or "life" or whatever term people are using now), and that nothing can give you the real sense of the "magic" other than playing it in person. Or hearing it in on one of your favourite records. Whichever.
Logic would dictate that the amt of criticism towards lossless audio demo files would still be far lesser, even if a few tinfoils would always insist otherwise.

The way I see it, Audio Professionals don't send lossy compressed audio files for critical sound quality evaluation. Academically, such a thing would make no sense. And this is a "Pro Audio forum", or at least some parts of it are
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well, you could always close your eyes, and hitting the "L" key is very helpful for getting past useless babbling....
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardTK ➡️
I gave up waiting for the £548 one from DV247 as the 'in stock' date keeps changing and the price went up to £655 anyway, and just ordered my blue from Andertons.
You said you were interested in the gray one. What made you change your mind?

The reason I haven't ordered one yet is that I can't make up my mind about the colour (except to not want the holiday one).
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Republic ➡️
That is why Doctor McCoy never uses the teleportation machine, nor should anyone put audio through a digital converter.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I think we can reasonably assume Andertons didn't have an inordinately large stock of GMs or BMs compared to Thomann or Sweetwater, and they haven't been getting re-supplies during this time. The fact that it isn't sold out at Andertons, even though they ship worldwide, tells me they are too expensive, and people are waiting for Thomann/Sweetwater/Cosmo to get more stock. Or, everyone who wanted one got one, and high demand is over - which doesn't seem to be the case.
I'm sure they had a lot - I know plenty of people who got one from Andertons, including quite a lot of pre-ordered ones that would also have come out of the initial batch of stock. And they are a super distributor for Behringer. I have no way to estimate actual numbers, or continual flow of sales, so beyond these basics I dont think there are too many reasonable assumptions left.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:

The reason I haven't ordered one yet is that I can't make up my mind about the colour (except to not want the holiday one).
I don't remember wanting the gray, but it's entirely possible. I knew I wanted one with a spring reverb in because I have plenty of digital FX, and I went for blue because 'colours'.

Behringer 2600-img_6357.jpg

Also this explains why I drilled new holes in my 80HP rack ears to change how the Neutron fitted in, and really think Behringer should add these locations to the 70HP and 80HP ears.

Now I need a stack of longer patch cables.

Behringer 2600-img_6359.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Behringer 2600-img_6357.jpg   Behringer 2600-img_6359.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

The Gray is really understated and doesn't make you strain to read the stencilling. At least for me.

I added some orange and yellow LEDs to break up the sections a bit and combat some of the visual monotony you get with the sliders all being the same colour. You can freely substitute orange and yellow for red as the forward voltage for these is similar/same that you wont notice the difference in brightness. Not as garish as the 'christmas tree' but still better than a sea of same-coloured sliders.

White or warm white LED's might also work -- even though they use a higher forward voltage and would be dimmer. White LED's tend to have higher photon fluence and usually appear brighter than other similar voltage LED's like green and blue.

edit: took a pic

Last edited by Rob Ocelot; 1 week ago at 03:51 AM..
📝 Reply