The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Wasp Deluxe
Old 3rd April 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Behringer Wasp Deluxe

Lookie lookie what I found in the TESS database:

This seems to line up with the earlier leak of Behringer synths.

If the leak is to believed here is the feature list:

Quote:
WASP DELUXE – based on the rare EDP WASP synthesizer:
  • Legendary analog synthesizer with dual OSC design allows for insanely fat music creation
  • Authentic reproduction of original “Wasp Deluxe” circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
  • Pure analog signal path based on authentic OSC, VCF and VCA designs
  • 3 variable oscillator shapes with pulse / ramp and enhanced mode for ultimate sounds
  • Switchable, multi-mode VCF with Lo, Hi, Band and Notch modes
  • Flexible LFO with 4 waveform shapes, frequency and pitch modulation control
  • 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
  • Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
  • 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
  • Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
  • 29 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
It looks like they're trademarking the logo from the original Wasp Deluxe:
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I can't believe nobody cares about this. Along with the K-20 turning out to be real today I think we can assume this one and all the other leaks from the same period are real too.
Can't wait to see that Behringer 2600.
The Bomb Has Burst! Behringer Teased 6 New Synthesizers (WASP Deluxe, 2600, CAT, SYNTHI VCX3, MS-101-BK/ GY/BU & K-20) - SYNTH ANATOMY
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
don't need another mono
Old 16th April 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionid ➡️
don't need another mono
But this one is yellow.
Old 16th April 2019
Deleted b472e31
i want the OSCar..
Old 16th April 2019
Deleted 7a792f4
... and the Synrix
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 7a792f4 ➡️
... and the Synrix
I'm with you there. 200%
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids ➡️
I can't believe nobody cares about this. Along with the K-20 turning out to be real today I think we can assume this one and all the other leaks from the same period are real too.
Can't wait to see that Behringer 2600.
The Bomb Has Burst! Behringer Teased 6 New Synthesizers (WASP Deluxe, 2600, CAT, SYNTHI VCX3, MS-101-BK/ GY/BU & K-20) - SYNTH ANATOMY
With all the current and imminent monos, why waste money on a recreation of a budget synth when I can waste my money on a recreation of something that otherwise sits on my unicorn list? This is like if Behringer did a Casio clone, or Squier, or Stylophone, or whatever...I mean sure the novelty is fine, but I only have so much space and use for monos, I’m not gonna pile up a bunch of novelty clones of budget gear that I won’t use because I also have clones of nice gear.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionid ➡️
don't need another mono
This

I love Behringer, but too much of the same thing gets tiring

Time for something different
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine ➡️
This

I love Behringer, but too much of the same thing gets tiring

Time for something different
I think they should stop making all these Chinese knockoffs and stop their grudge with Roland and Moog, and focus their tech on creating something new and original, the Deep Mind and Neutron were a good start, then it went downhill.
Old 16th April 2019
Old 16th April 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I don't think those links are permanent unfortunately. You'll have to take some screenshots of what they were.
Old 16th April 2019
The top ones aren't that interesting (trademark applications for WASP, Oberheim, OB-Xa, OSCar, etc) but the last one was a trademark application for Solina.
Old 17th April 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
They tried to trademark “Oberheim”?
Old 2nd June 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscheue ➡️
Intolerable and unacceptable behavior that will most certainly stop this enterprise's market expectations in its tracks I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere and sorry if I missed it.
Old 2nd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
It looks like they're trademarking the logo from the original Wasp Deluxe:
How honorable and dignified and creative and imaginative- not. Utterly pathetic.
Old 2nd June 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I’ll take one, I’m sure I can pull a few good songs out of it
Old 2nd June 2019 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscheue ➡️
Gibson isn't interested in returning it to its rightful owner and isn't doing anything with it. Best case would be to give it to mr. Oberheim himself as a gesture of goodwill, and tbh I see the chance of that happening rather under Behringer than Gibson.

It took Yamaha also an awfully long time to return Sequential.
Old 2nd June 2019
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
The longer this goes on, the less I like it. I wonder how many of these synths will actually end up being made. To me, it feels more like they’re doing this as media stunts to make sure they’re constantly in the news. <mod delete> I guess at some point we’ll all have the 70s-80s studios of our dreams and it’ll all say Behringer on it and cost under $3000, but I’ll be waiting for the company who takes the time to think of something new and bring it to market.

Last edited by Bender412; 2nd June 2019 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Political
Old 2nd June 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
All those high horses
Old 3rd June 2019
Lives for gear

with the amount of issues i hear about some of the behringer synths i wonder how well a 2600 or synthi will turn out. then again i always wanted a synthi.
Old 3rd June 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing ➡️
The longer this goes on, the less I like it. I wonder how many of these synths will actually end up being made. To me, it feels more like they’re doing this as media stunts to make sure they’re constantly in the news. <mod delete> I guess at some point we’ll all have the 70s-80s studios of our dreams and it’ll all say Behringer on it and cost under $3000, but I’ll be waiting for the company who takes the time to think of something new and bring it to market.
How is this a media stunt? I had to dig it out of a government database.
Nice viral campaign.
Old 3rd June 2019 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids ➡️
How is this a media stunt? I had to dig it out of a government database.
Nice viral campaign.
Indeed. Sophisticated. They played you like a cheap violin er... stringer.. Everyone knows the best way to shout is to whisper. Apple perfected this strategy. At first by accident, but now its common practice.
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
If they clone the Wasp and use the Wasp logo then they should really try to get whoever is left from the original UK design team involved, particularly if the Midas team in Manchester is leading the project. Chris Huggett is still around for example, and although he's heavily involved with Novation it might be nice to drop him a line to see if he's interested in 'signing off' the re-boot in some way.

I don't have a problem with re-releasing classic synths, and particularly when the original manufacturer either doesn't exist or shows no intention of re-issuing an instrument. I just think that it would be fun to get the original team involved in some way to acknowledge their design and engineering work from the 80s.
Old 4th July 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
If they clone the Wasp and use the Wasp logo then they should really try to get whoever is left from the original UK design team involved, particularly if the Midas team in Manchester is leading the project. Chris Huggett is still around for example, and although he's heavily involved with Novation it might be nice to drop him a line to see if he's interested in 'signing off' the re-boot in some way.
They could, but that doesn't seem to be the way they like to do things...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by unease ➡️
They could, but that doesn't seem to be the way they like to do things...
That could be partly due to the size of the companies that originally made the clones so far (Roland, Moog, Yamaha) but EDP are a different scale altogether and much less of a corporation. In my view there's an opportunity to reach out in this case.
Old 4th July 2019
Lives for gear

But Moog and Sequential never was big corporations I think, not one man companies but relatively small.
I guess it is more efficient to just do everything inhouse and not spend any time/money on cooperation with or endorsements from some of the original designers. The efficiency is what makes the products cheap in the end and that is of high priority.

But it would be nice with just some decent respect for the original designers and companies instead of the pretty thick attitude that has surrounded Behringer throughout the years.

I was really hoping that this would change when the DM12 was announced since it did seem like a good product that, even if it was clearly based on a Juno-106, was its own thing. But then the clone wars started off and we were back in a similar situation as way back with Mackie etc.

I still hope that they are secretly working on an updated DM12 with dual VCOs using CEM3340s or something, adding some more of their own secret sauce. That I would be interested in!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted b472e31 ➡️
i want the OSCar..
I have an OSCar, and I want a Novation Summit

Deleted b472e31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24dB ➡️
I have an OSCar, and I want a Novation Summit

buy one and then come out of the closet