Quantcast
NEW DSI/Sequential synth?! - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
NEW DSI/Sequential synth?!
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I would be more than happy with a beefed up Pro One re-issue. Lightining fast envelopes as the vintage one, one more LFO, one more envelope, a few more mod-matrix destinations, maybe another octave and voila!
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I'm probably the only one who wants to see something with CV/Gate control.
Imagine an Evolver 2 with a patch bay.
Old 24th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kja ➡️
I'm not sure if anyone will beable to afford a new synth from them after the x, the one, quantum, and now all the new Behringer stuff.. how are people supposed to beable to actually afford this stuff? Is getting kinda rediculous isn't it?
By not buying the **** stuff and being patient for the 'just right' synths.

X and One aren't remotely interesting to me (X because it's not my kinda synth and one because it doesn't sound good enough for the money or even half the money).

We afford by waiting for what we really want, not just buying everything that is marketed to us without thinking.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't lack for synths. But I'm selfish - and up late dreaming of new gear to round out a studio. I want an 8 voice Prophet with rich filters and VCOs. I also want a Matrix-8 since "someone" is stealing the vintage synth world. Anything but a Pro One, Dave.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneKontrol ➡️
By not buying the **** stuff and being patient for the 'just right' synths.

X and One aren't remotely interesting to me (X because it's not my kinda synth and one because it doesn't sound good enough for the money or even half the money).

We afford by waiting for what we really want, not just buying everything that is marketed to us without thinking.
right, why hurry? I am still waiting for a poly to replace either my Juno60 or MKS80. Not impressed by Moog One, either. I dont like the builld quality of the Prophet6 and the sound of the OB6 and their inconsistent sub osc behavior. Meanwhile I do enjoy the Novation Peak though and it will stay.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneKontrol ➡️
Amen.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
whatever it is if it's VCO 5 octaves, enough modulation to get interesting and sounds better than the Prophet 6 / OB-6 (sold mine) and waaaaaay better than the Rev2/Prophet 08 (sold mine) then it'll have my definite interest.

Can't muster any excitement for more DSI , sorry, sequential digital osc synths as they grate, nor any more Curtis shat.

Prophet 6 was very close to being awesome but nerfed in the wrong areas and lacking a bit of depth of sound, liveliness and modulation. If that is addressed in a new poly we MAY see today I could be pre-ordering, if not then Roland/SE poly will get my cash (if they even reveal such a thing). Other than that it'll either be the UBXA or wait for next year for some kind of jupiter clone from B.

In an ideal world NAMM will be about 2 synths for me, the described new Prophet all analog VCO 5 octave beast with better sound than past efforts, or the Roland analog poly. If it doesn't turn out as pie in the sky then it's gonna be a tough choice, though the SE poly chain demo already blew away everything modern (Tibbs demo) inc the lacklustre tone of the Moog One so Sequential better bring their A game if they are going to compete with that tone or it's a default win for Roland*

*But this is Roland, kings of disappointment and under-cooking in the modern era so Sequential have a good track record on their side, great looks (the synths not Dave Smith though he's not bad for his age ) and a cool name.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDarkness ➡️
I would be more than happy with a beefed up Pro One re-issue.
I’m sure Sequential finds these kinds of requests baffling: the Pro-2 is clearly their idea of a follow-up to the Pro One in the same way the Prophet 6 is clearly intended as a spiritual successor to the Prophet 5. Lots of people seem to love both.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia ➡️
their idea of a follow-up to the Pro One
their idea... not mine.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
I’m sure Sequential finds these kinds of requests baffling: the Pro-2 is clearly their idea of a follow-up to the Pro One in the same way the Prophet 6 is clearly intended as a spiritual successor to the Prophet 5. Lots of people seem to love both.
Pro-2 is such an amazing Synth.

We just “need” the XL version.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Indeed, it's one of the best-sounding synths ever made.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh ➡️

isnt it Prophet 6?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by satatek ➡️
isnt it Prophet 6?
Do the Prophet 6 and Pro 2 have anything in common? Different oscillators (VCO vs. DSP), different filters (high pass + low pass in series vs. low pass + state variable in series or parallel), different sequencer capabilities, worlds apart in terms of modulation matrix (5 mod destinations vs. 140 and 2 mod sources vs. 50), classic subtractive vs. subtractive + FM, 1 global LFO (on the poly synth) vs. 4 per voice (on the mono/paraphonic synth!)
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

My interpretation is that Satatek would rather have a Prophet 6 XL than a Pro-2 XL, but I'm not sure...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Do the Prophet 6 and Pro 2 have anything in common? Different oscillators (VCO vs. DSP), different filters (high pass + low pass vs. low pass + state variable), different sequencer capabilities, worlds apart in terms of modulation matrix (5 mod destinations vs. 140 and 2 mod sources vs. 50), classic subtractive vs. subtractive + FM, 1 global LFO (on the poly synth) vs. 4 per voice (on the mono/paraphonic synth!)
sorry about that,
dont know much about prophet 6, i have pro 2,
thought prophet 6 to pro 2 is like prophet 5 to pro one.
my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by unease ➡️
My interpretation is that Satatek would rather have a Prophet 6 XL than a Pro-2 XL, but I'm not sure...
no no...i dont think of it that way. id prefer pro 2 to sound more rounded and analog instead than having more voices.

Last edited by satatek; 24th January 2019 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: upped
Old 24th January 2019
Kja
Lives for gear
You guys are gonna be waiting a long long time....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by satatek ➡️
sorry about that,
dont know much about prophet 6, i have pro 2,
thought prophet 6 to pro 2 is like prophet 5 to pro one.
my bad

no no...i dont think of it that way. id prefer pro 2 to sound more rounded and analog instead than having more voices.
It would be amazing if the Pro-2 had an analog sub-oscillator
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Do the Prophet 6 and Pro 2 have anything in common? Different oscillators (VCO vs. DSP), different filters (high pass + low pass in series vs. low pass + state variable in series or parallel), different sequencer capabilities, worlds apart in terms of modulation matrix (5 mod destinations vs. 140 and 2 mod sources vs. 50), classic subtractive vs. subtractive + FM, 1 global LFO (on the poly synth) vs. 4 per voice (on the mono/paraphonic synth!)
Yeah, the do have the same SSM2040 based LPF AFAIK, but that's it.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

CAN WE HAVE A FULLY DIGITALLY CONTROLLED WAVETABLE DESKTOP SYNTH WITH OB6 FILTERS PLZ.
Deleted 0fc8128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX ➡️
CAN WE HAVE A FULLY DIGITALLY CONTROLLED WAVETABLE DESKTOP SYNTH WITH OB6 FILTERS PLZ.
Isn’t that the Pro-2?
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I was one of those who moaned about the Tempest, but I subsequently got a Pro-2 and I love it. It feels complete, sounds fantastic and is really inviting and fun to use.

There is on ongoing beta test of the latest OS. A tip of the hat for implementing the new features!

Count me as one of those who would like to see a poly version. That filter combo deserves another outing.

My only wish would be for an expanded waveform selection, better still, allow us to upload our own waveforms and possibly samples.

MPE-compatibility would be nice also. Poly-aftertouch with 2 filters per voice - mmmm

And why not: maybe a nice reverb.

Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I just hope it includes a desktop model.
Old 25th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbow ➡️
I just hope it includes a desktop model.
Yes. I'm also hoping there is one with keys.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 0fc8128 ➡️
Isn’t that the Pro-2?
They haven't used that sweet OB-6 SV filter in any other machine.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
It showed up in the Pro-2 first. Dave even thanked Tom O for the design in the Pro-2 launch video.
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
So to confirm no new synth was announced or is pending at NAMM 2019, right?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlywarly ➡️
And why not: maybe a nice reverb.
Yes, imagine a reverb that can be modulated with the step sequencer! That’s one thing I miss with the Pro-2. I’m one of those that like to incorporate the effects as part of the sound design and prefer to have internal effects.
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh ➡️

I’ll take the other side of that....

We need a tabletop/rack version. Same goes for the Prophet X. I’d buy the hell out of a P-X in REV2 tabketop format.
Deleted 0fc8128
Quote:
I would disagree. I don’t think the filter design varies between these both. When I had the SEM I patched in the oscillators of the MiniBrute and gone was the sweetness of the filter. I think in the Pro2 it is a similar case. It is the balance of the oscillators that are slightly anemic in the high frequency and the filter that makes it sing.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Crossing ➡️
I’ll take the other side of that....

We need a tabletop/rack version. Same goes for the Prophet X. I’d buy the hell out of a P-X in REV2 tabketop format.
SAME

Both the Pro 2 and Prophet X are synths I will only buy if tabletop, but I really really want them.

I just want a second fully featured synth to sit alongside the Peak. I am considering either an OB6 or a P6, but something with wider flexibility would be nice
Closed