The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai Pro Force
Old 10th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I use it as a creative tool, it also goes well with arugula
Old 10th June 2021
Deleted cc546d2
I’ve used melodyne to turn a 1 bar chord/note line into a whole melody using the DNA stuff as well as some pitch bending and daw slicing. Produced entire songs like this. It was fun, I don’t recommend it, but it worked.
Old 10th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I have a potential solution... buy 5 of each thing and learn a different 20% on each item. That would work yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 60622ed ➡️
I have melodyne too...I swear I use around 20% of anythings capabilities.
Old 11th June 2021
Gear Addict
This Gator Frameworks multimedia stand is great for the force. Can stand straight up and use the force at eye level. Just ordered one for my incoming Isla 2400

http://=http://www.amazon.ca/gp/prod...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Peter ➡️
This Gator Frameworks multimedia stand is great for the force. Can stand straight up and use the force at eye level. Just ordered one for my incoming Isla 2400

http://=http://www.amazon.ca/gp/prod...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The thing that concerns me about that stand is stability when you're finger drumming. Does it tend to wobble? Fun fact: they use an old (and I mean *REALLY* old) first gen M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller as an example in the product photos. That was one of my first midi controllers - 16 years ago!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.F.Sebastian ➡️
I use an Mpc5000 library samples on my Mpc Live, it has very good acoustic drums in it and more very good drum machines.
I found it years ago on internet, you can try to make a reserach.
I really think it's a great sample library.

Google this: Akai mpc5000 harddisk backup wav
Looking for it I also found this:
google: The Largest Drum Machine Collection on the Internet (461 Drum Machines)

(reddit). 6.5 GB rar-ed
Deleted b514800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 ➡️

(reddit). 6.5 GB rar-ed
Whoa. 461 drum machines!
Are good quality samples?
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight ➡️
The thing that concerns me about that stand is stability when you're finger drumming. Does it tend to wobble? Fun fact: they use an old (and I mean *REALLY* old) first gen M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller as an example in the product photos. That was one of my first midi controllers - 16 years ago!
There is some wobble when I pound on the force hard, but minimal if everything is tightened up nicely. it's supposed to hold 40 lbs and the tray is the only one I've seen that's big enough for the force/s2400, so hopefully they will hold up over time.

Last edited by Stu Peter; 11th June 2021 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Overconfidence
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 ➡️

(reddit). 6.5 GB rar-ed
Thanks but I need at least 600 these days
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Peter ➡️
There is some wobble when I pound on the force hard, but minimal if everything is tightened up nicely. it's supposed to hold 40 lbs and the tray is the only one I've seen that's big enough for the force/s2400, so hopefully they will hold up over time.
Cool; thanks!
Old 12th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf ➡️
Thanks but I need at least 600 these days
Geez, you can simply duplicate them and have 922. Do I have to do everything for you?
Old 12th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm gonna need those individually separated into folders please
Old 13th June 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
So, I just got the Force..and am having some angst with note mode..

If you play a 3 or 4 note chord, like the Push 2, all the same notes say c3, c4, e4, g4 light up bright.. but what boggles me is that all other c's, e's and g's light up.. seemingly this is some sort of feature, but i find this to be a sizeable pita.. I mean, half of the notes on the unit are lit..and if it includes the root note you have zero idea where you are.. /wtf
Am i missing some wonderful "ooh Akai this is wonderful"??.. ie explain why i am stupid..lol, or better tell me that i can turn these extra lights off.
Old 13th June 2021 | Show parent
Deleted 9c61fe2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 ➡️
I'm gonna need those individually separated into folders please
Just don’t use sub folders, oh wait, nevermind it isn’t NI.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping ➡️
My local Guitar Center has one in stock, but they weren't budging on the price. I drove straight from my MPC X sale to there, hoping to get a deal. I think if it was my regular salesperson they would have helped me out, but it was someone I'd never seen before.

No discount, no purchase!
yep.. you would think driving to a store would count for something, but my GC is the same, no deals whatsoever..so i go home, call the guy in the call center and get the deal.

got mine from MF and got a good deal, if you are pleasant and just ask fi by any chance they can swing you a 15% they will very often help you out.. also if you dont mind waiting, prymaxe has 25% off and no tax.. but its pre-order
Gear Addict

I either found a bug or my unit is f'd up.

For some reason I started making trancey breaks like I just graduated high school and was out crusing the beachside on some double stack mitsubishis.

Anyway, the filter gate plugin is perfect for trance gates and I noticed that it will stay in time for exactly 4 bars. it doesn't matter if the clip is 1 bar or 8 bars. I have troubleshot midi connections, etc.
It goes way out of sync after 4 bars

Can someone please test this for me and confirm this is a bug in 3.0.6? Many thanks

Last edited by DrZero; 13th June 2021 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: caint spell
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZero ➡️

For some reason I started making trancey breaks like I just graduated high school and was out crusing the beachside on some double stack mitsubishis.

Anyway, the filter gate plugin is perfect for trance gates and I noticed that it will stay in time for exactly 4 bars. it doesn't matter if the clip is 1 bar or 8 bars. I have troubleshot midi connections, etc.

Can someone please test this for me and confirm this is a bug in 3.0.6? Many thanks
I'm on my Force running Hype pad through the Air Filter Gate. Are you using a preset? Did you tweak the initialized preset? It's going to be hard to test this with you without knowing exactly what your settings are. It seems to work fine from my end otherwise...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

It's to do with the way the Arranger loop bracket works; 1. switch off loop in Arranger (if you're not using arranger, or mainly working in Clip mode matrix) 2. Menu > Project Defaults - Default Arrangement Bars = 999
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicethings ➡️
It's to do with the way the Arranger loop bracket works; 1. switch off loop in Arranger (if you're not using arranger, or mainly working in Clip mode matrix) 2. Menu > Project Defaults - Default Arrangement Bars = 999
That fixed it! Thank you very much. I honestly thought that something was wrong with it (This is my 3rd Force ) as I've not encountered this before.

I wonder why the loop bracket would throw off timing?? Anyway glad it's sorted. Thanks again
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight ➡️
I'm on my Force running Hype pad through the Air Filter Gate. Are you using a preset? Did you tweak the initialized preset? It's going to be hard to test this with you without knowing exactly what your settings are. It seems to work fine from my end otherwise...
Thank you for taking the time to test for me and sorry for posting in both threads, but it was driving me mad. Glad it's sorted.
Old 14th June 2021
Lives for gear

Noob question here... In step sequencer mode, how do I get to bars 3+? I read through the manual and didn't find anything. Thanks in advance!
Old 14th June 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Noob question here... In step sequencer mode, how do I get to bars 3+? I read through the manual and didn't find anything. Thanks in advance!

Press and hold the step sequencer button, you'll see the first few pads where you can select the next section.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Press and hold the step sequencer button, you'll see the first few pads where you can select the next section.
Ah, thanks! I randomly tried that and saw the grid change, but had no idea what I was looking at.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The sequencer workflow is very cumbersome. One need to many step/clicks and waiting to do something as basic as changing bar/note lenght/octave... And still cant insert a 1/2 note

I did some feature sugestions (namely using knobs to go to the next/previus bar, and/or change the note lenght, octave...) on the old getsatisfaction forum that got some positive feedback.

That and the AT bug are some of the big flaws in Force for me.
Old 15th June 2021
Lives for gear

I'm definitely getting up to speed with the Force faster than with the MPC, but that might be due to my MPC experience. I can say that I have absolutely zero regrets about making the switch, I'm very very happy with the decision.

Also, I activated my Splice trial and lasted about one hour before switching to paid so I could download samples to the Force. I'm definitely hooked, already thinking about getting a bigger plan. Of note, Akai gives you a coupon for a $9.99 discount on Splice for three months after registering, which will get you either a free basic subscription or a cheaper bigger one.
Old 15th June 2021 | Show parent
Deleted 60622ed
Quote:
I'm definitely getting up to speed with the Force faster than with the MPC, but that might be due to my MPC experience. I can say that I have absolutely zero regrets about making the switch, I'm very very happy with the decision.

Also, I activated my Splice trial and lasted about one hour before switching to paid so I could download samples to the Force. I'm definitely hooked, already thinking about getting a bigger plan. Of note, Akai gives you a coupon for a $9.99 discount on Splice for three months after registering, which will get you either a free basic subscription or a cheaper bigger one.
Glad youre enjoying it...Im back on the MPC just now but my Force is laughing at me from the other rig
Old 16th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Congrats! Awesome you're enjoying the Force! I cancelled my Splice account at the beginning of the COVID shutdown last year. Might have to sign up again for a bit and see what's new, but currently there's no incentive for returning subscribers. Akai's discounts don't work unless you use a different email address and start a new account. While I had it (which was about a year), I got a ton of useful material though.

Anyway, enjoy your Force! Akai has awesome things planned - you made a great investment!
Old 16th June 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

A question for the Force hive mind - I'm currently using the Force for a live set and have several songs in one project, as a result there are a fair few different tracks that are needed but only for one song. I'm using these and my Nord Lead 4 for all the synth tones and the Nord is also acting as my midi controller, which as far as I am aware doesn't have a super easy way to select what midi channel it outputs on in the way a. dedicated midi controller would.

Now, for the question itself, initially I was automating track mute to select which keygroup was playing, since they are all listening on the same midi channel, however I noticed this only mutes the audio output (which makes sense) so I have 7 keygroups all playing but only one is audible which uses up a fair bit of polyphony/CPU pretty quickly. To avoid that, I switched the midi monitoring to auto from merge and automated track arm to activate the keygroup I need. Just wondered if this is the best way to do achieve this or if there is some clever solution I'm missing?
Old 18th June 2021
Lives for gear

On the battery topic, I was getting ready to purchase a pack and cable when I remembered the Antigravity XP-10 battery I've had for years. It's been sitting around doing nothing, as a jump starter and emergency backup. I got it out and saw that it has a 19v 3.5a output port, and comes with a 5.5mm/2.1mm cable already. So, happy day for me! I did a quick test and the Force booted up using it.

It's quite expensive compared to other options, but it also has a lot more capabilities. I just wanted to report in and add it to the list of things that can power an Akai instrument.
Old 18th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
On the battery topic, I was getting ready to purchase a pack and cable when I remembered the Antigravity XP-10 battery I've had for years. It's been sitting around doing nothing, as a jump starter and emergency backup. I got it out and saw that it has a 19v 3.5a output port, and comes with a 5.5mm/2.1mm cable already. So, happy day for me! I did a quick test and the Force booted up using it.

It's quite expensive compared to other options, but it also has a lot more capabilities. I just wanted to report in and add it to the list of things that can power an Akai instrument.
That's a nice find - cool! Looks like it's 18,000 milliamps? Wonder how long that will power Force straight through depleting the battery from a full charge? Let us know if you get around to testing it out.
📝 Reply