The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai pro force
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadillo ➡️
The home Facebook URL he refers to is www.Facebook.com
Thanks. Just wondering why the actual link wasn’t posted. Why the mystery?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight ➡️
I believe the forum will automatically sanitize or remove the full link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by optofonik ➡️
It looks like I can't even post a link directly to the FB group as a whole, either.

https://www.*********************225...83015568623867
I used to use the FB group but that Finnish guy constantly going on about his Force "forced" me to leave...holy crap he could moan

Edit:unless that guy's you then I'd like to say you made some good points
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallredball ➡️
(I'm done with this distraction now. Back to Force content... )

Quote:
When I tried posting the entire link it didn't work for some reason. GS edited out the home URL, like this:

https://www.*********************225...eric&ref=notif
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxdsm ➡️
I believe the forum will automatically sanitize or remove the full link.
Ah, cool. Makes sense - sometimes this forum butchers URL's.

Quote:
Do you even know how to ask a polite question or are you always rude to everyone, Mr. Facepalm???

BTW, I stated what the missing part of the URL was, clear as crystal. I'm sorry your knowledge doesn't extend that far as to understand what a "home URL" is; it's pretty basic terminology, basic knowledge, as in the most basic, as in what the entire WWW evolves around and what makes it actually work.

Should I look for a denigrating comment on the rundown I posted to FB as well? I can hardly wait.

I mean, I literally have zero phux to give about your feelings, but my intent wasn't to be rude. I was merely asking why an actual link wasn't provided. You explained, as did gsxdsm, so "thanks"? Best to move to a colder climate so those snowflakes don't melt.

Quote:
Do you even know how to ask a polite question or are you always rude to everyone, Mr. Facepalm???
You do realize where I'm located, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➡️
Edit:unless that guy's you then I'd like to say you made some good points

Last edited by EnochLight; 4 weeks ago at 08:36 PM..
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

BTW, I stated what the missing part of the URL was, clear as crystal. I'm sorry your knowledge doesn't extend that far as to understand what a "home URL" is; it's pretty basic terminology, basic knowledge, as in the most basic, as in what the entire WWW evolves around and what makes it actually work.

Should I look for a denigrating comment on the rundown I posted to FB as well? I can hardly wait.
Why not just post the rundown here, a lot of us left FB.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
No idea, maybe the forum software filters out full Facebook urls?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadillo ➡️
No idea, maybe the forum software filters out full Facebook urls?
Yeah, gsxdsm mentioned this earlier:

Akai pro force

Related - I'm on the lookout for a 50,000 mAh portable power brick for my Force. This Krisdonia looks like a possible candidate, as you can switch it to 19 volts DC:

https://www.amazon.com/Krisdonia-500...cm_wl_huc_item

It's on sale for $106 USD with a $15 coupon applied. Very tempted! That 24,000 mAh from Voltaic is just too small and doesn't last long enough.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
https://youtu.be/kpDnushpFhs
Quote:
Yeah, gsxdsm mentioned this earlier:

Akai pro force

Related - I'm on the lookout for a 50,000 mAh portable power brick for my Force. This Krisdonia looks like a possible candidate, as you can switch it to 19 volts DC:

https://www.amazon.com/Krisdonia-500...cm_wl_huc_item

It's on sale for $106 USD with a $15 coupon applied. Very tempted! That 24,000 mAh from Voltaic is just too small and doesn't last long enough.
Flux did a review of it:

Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Ok
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Look at the replies there compared to here.
Ok i will just go and rejoin FB, to see how many clicks you are getting
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitslave ➡️
https://youtu.be/kpDnushpFhs

Flux did a review of it:

Is that an actual thing, people using their humongous pieces of studio gear outside?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle ➡️
Is that an actual thing, people using their humongous pieces of studio gear outside?
How else can you sample bird whistles, fam?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So, what about this mythical beta?
Gear Nut

Quote:
If one lives in the mountains and has a garden with a picnic table, yes, it's a "thing". At least in my case.

Cool!

BTW What is the things you are using to angle your force?
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I assume at this point all Force owners have a portable battery. Mine drains power fast.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
If one lives in the mountains and has a garden with a picnic table, yes, it's a "thing". At least in my case.

So which was easier, replying to posts like somebody had kicked you dog, or just posting this rundown of pics, which you ended up doing anyway and was actually useful ?
And you ask what happened to this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 ➡️
I assume at this point all Force owners have a portable battery. Mine drains power fast.
Never leaves the studio...Im never in the studio...our paths seldom cross lol

Cool the things that can run of these battery packs though, have one for my mc707
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 ➡️
If it's not 50,000 mAh, I'd expect it to drain pretty fast.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The FB thread was a wee bit more than just three pictures, though, wasn't it?
No idea, I am not on FB, maybe you didn't get that from the earlier replies.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
For anyone owning a Volca Kick. Is it redundant after the implementation of the Force Drum machine plug-in? Thanks!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
For anyone owning a Volca Kick. Is it redundant after the implementation of the Force Drum machine plug-in? Thanks!
I own the Korg Volca Drum, and I'm seriously thinking about selling it now that I have Drum Synth on the Force and MPC. I will say that the Volca Drum has a very different/unique sound by comparison (to be frank: Force/MPC's Drum Synth doesn't even come close to the sounds it can do), but there's also a lot of redundant overlap as well.

Are you considering picking up a Volca Drum?
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc0999 ➡️
Actually that my not be a bad idea, depending on what I can find around here...
The FB post has some details you should look at so as not to damage anything. Did you get my PM?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I own the Korg Volca Drum, and I'm seriously thinking about selling it now that I have Drum Synth on the Force and MPC. I will say that the Volca Drum has a very different/unique sound by comparison (to be frank: Force/MPC's Drum Synth doesn't even come close to the sounds it can do), but there's also a lot of redundant overlap as well.

Are you considering picking up a Volca Drum?
Yes, I was thinking about Volca Kick or Jomox MBass11
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentokan ➡️
Yes, I was thinking about Volca Kick or Jomox MBass11
Well, if you don't end up finding them useful enough to keep around, I'm sure you could resell them at only a small loss. The Volca anyway, as they tend to keep their resale value pretty decent.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Any time frame for the update or word on how the disk streaming is functioning in the beta? Like, can you load huge keygroups? I see myself buying another one if they can implement disk streaming as well as the Deluge.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL ➡️
Any time frame for the update or word on how the disk streaming is functioning in the beta? Like, can you load huge keygroups? I see myself buying another one if they can implement disk streaming as well as the Deluge.
Trying to work out who disk streaming will help - those recording long vocal/acoustic clips? Or is it intended for multiple song-length audio tracks without the RAM limit?

Serious q (not trying to downplay your needs). I know that some MPC Live people have been waiting for 4 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallredball ➡️
Trying to work out who disk streaming will help - those recording long vocal/acoustic clips? Or is it intended for multiple song-length audio tracks without the RAM limit?

Serious q (not trying to downplay your needs). I know that some MPC Live people have been waiting for 4 years.
I think realistically you could run full sets by having all your clips/stems streaming...many complained that it wasnt a band in a box at the beginning now it kinda can.

Also for those recording or using the Force as a standalone daw/tape recorder, disk streaming would essentially bypass the 8 audio track limit as whole tracks could be saved as sample. That works now but only until the RAM limits hit which can be quick with full audio tracks. With DS its cpu that would limit you.

Im looking forward to it, Id love to do all my tracking in the Force...just now its still limited.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I havent updated the firmware yet since it arrived, just getting it out the box now and then and having a play (Busy with other work) but was there ever an issue of clips audio being cut off before the end of the clip.

1 Load a sample to a clip.
2 Go to edit sample, use tune from BPM to match the clip to the Project tempo (not a fan of warp)
3 Play the clip, now even though it plays the clip to the end in sync and loops, it is actually cutting off the audio before the end of the clip.
Very weird.
Gear Nut

Quote:
The FB post has some details you should look at so as not to damage anything. Did you get my PM?
I did.
Thanks!
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL ➡️
IIRC from what was said at the time, it wasn't for keygroups, just samples and audio tracks. But it would be nice if it could be used for keygroups too.

I wonder if it can help by offloading the samples and the audio tracks to the SD leaving more space to keygroups.
📝 Reply