The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai pro force
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8251
Lives for gear
 
EnochLight's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 ➡️
I made an attempt to........still waiting.
Did you buy from Styleflip?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8252
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight ➡️
Did you buy from Styleflip?
yep
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8253
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Man I really wish Akai would release that Force 6 keyboard already (if the rumor is true). My body is ready.



The only thing I would want on it would be if they could throw in a touch strip or something on near the wheels. Hell I'd even take that little joystick they have on their MPK mini line. A touch strip would be nicer though. Just putting wheels down there seems like a complete waste.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8254
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse ➡️
Man I really wish Akai would release that Force 6 keyboard already (if the rumor is true). My body is ready.
Didnt think id be interested...but like I said in another thread I bought a psr for my kid (me)...its the top of their budget e range so the speakers are decent, battery powered too. Didnt even think about my live but it sits right in the middle of the speakers and uses the aux in, midi through usb. Man Id need speakers and battery power, Id buy a Force keyboard in a heartbeat...love having 61 keys, speakers and portability in one package

No chance though...gonna buy some duct tape and make my own ghetto version
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8255
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➡️
Didnt think id be interested...but like I said in another thread I bought a psr for my kid (me)...its the top of their budget e range so the speakers are decent, battery powered too. Didnt even think about my live but it sits right in the middle of the speakers and uses the aux in, midi through usb. Man Id need speakers and battery power, Id buy a Force keyboard in a heartbeat...love having 61 keys, speakers and portability in one package

No chance though...gonna buy some duct tape and make my own ghetto version
I don't necessarily need the speakers though I wouldn't really mind them if they are there. For me it's more about that I'm not really a pad player. I usually have my Force to my right of my keyboards. I basically have to concentrate on the keyboard then move to the Force etc. Having all that in front of me in one package would be amazing for me.

I'm also not very happy with the SLMK3 I currently have as my keyboard controller.

The only thing I would need from Akai is better/more DAW support (not just Ableton), Splits/Zones, they don't have to have a light guide but I think it would be really cool if they did.

One cool thing about the Force is the independent sections of the device. So I can imagine a workflow where I use the keys for input, the pad section to launch clips, the screen to do crazy XY effects, the qlinks to control project specific effects and that's not even counting all the macro craziness they added in 3.0.5. That would be amazing imo and quite unique.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8256
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Wouldn't the Force 6 just be a smaller Force, like the MPC One?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8257
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle ➡️
Wouldn't the Force 6 just be a smaller Force, like the MPC One?
it looks like it would be a Keyboard from the little information I've gathered. I would imagine a smaller Force would be called something else. like Force One or something. Force 6 would make no sense imo. But this is speculation on my part.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8258
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse ➡️
I don't necessarily need the speakers though I wouldn't really mind them if they are there. For me it's more about that I'm not really a pad player. I usually have my Force to my right of my keyboards. I basically have to concentrate on the keyboard then move to the Force etc. Having all that in front of me in one package would be amazing for me.

I'm also not very happy with the SLMK3 I currently have as my keyboard controller.

The only thing I would need from Akai is better/more DAW support (not just Ableton), Splits/Zones, they don't have to have a light guide but I think it would be really cool if they did.

One cool thing about the Force is the independent sections of the device. So I can imagine a workflow where I use the keys for input, the pad section to launch clips, the screen to do crazy XY effects, the qlinks to control project specific effects and that's not even counting all the macro craziness they added in 3.0.5. That would be amazing imo and quite unique.
Yeah the independence of the screen to whats being played as a big plus...its a big tape recorder for me sometimes unless its stuff that doesn’t rely on velocity too much.

Ive come to the conclusion that anything away from my studio needs speakers...I dont use cans anywhere...luckily the Yamaha thr range work as an audio device in the akais, and Im keeping one of them around everywhere.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8259
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoclypse ➡️
Man I really wish Akai would release that Force 6 keyboard already (if the rumor is true). My body is ready.



The only thing I would want on it would be if they could throw in a touch strip or something on near the wheels. Hell I'd even take that little joystick they have on their MPK mini line. A touch strip would be nicer though. Just putting wheels down there seems like a complete waste.
I guess there would be producers that will utilize this gear or at least have an interest but it seems like overkill. Reminds me of the Digitone Keys.........another item that I think is overkill.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8260
Gear Nut
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 ➡️
I guess there would be producers that will utilize this gear or at least have an interest but it seems like overkill. Reminds me of the Digitone Keys.........another item that I think is overkill.
How is a sequencer with a keyboard overkill?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #8261
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8262
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP702 ➡️
I guess there would be producers that will utilize this gear or at least have an interest but it seems like overkill. Reminds me of the Digitone Keys.........another item that I think is overkill.
There's MASSIVE advantages to an embedded keyboard with the Force OS...the thing I really hope for is, Keys that have the option to light up like the pads.

That would take chunks out of very complex music theory, and so much more...
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8263
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicethings ➡️
There's MASSIVE advantages to an embedded keyboard with the Force OS...the thing I really hope for is, Keys that have the option to light up like the pads.

That would take chunks out of very complex music theory, and so much more...
Yeah they definitely would need light guides on the keyboard. The Force and MPC already do scale quantizing with external keyboards, it would be cool to see that visually.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #8264
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicethings ➡️
There's MASSIVE advantages to an embedded keyboard with the Force OS...the thing I really hope for is, Keys that have the option to light up like the pads.

That would take chunks out of very complex music theory, and so much more...
I suspect it would/will be received by many as a "keyboard workstation" followed by a lot of critical commentary from people thinking it's supposed to be a Kronos, Montage, or Fantom.
Old 1 week ago
  #8265
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
if they release a keyboard version before a force mini you can keep on you I'll be pissed... but after that yeah I hope they make a whole slew of keyboard versions for you good people.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8266
Gear Head
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 ➡️
if they release a keyboard version before a force mini you can keep on you I'll be pissed... but after that yeah I hope they make a whole slew of keyboard versions for you good people.
With the concept of Force keyboards , I hope Akai release decent Keyboards controlers ApcKey with 49 / 61 full size keys for Ableton Live !
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8267
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by optofonik ➡️
I suspect it would/will be received by many as a "keyboard workstation" followed by a lot of critical commentary from people thinking it's supposed to be a Kronos, Montage, or Fantom.
On the contrary, I genuinely believe that will be the aim, if this comes into reality; to have a keyboard that could be considered a competitor to those workstations. Definitely at least a MODX...not that I'm saying it is real, just that would probably be a good target to hit.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8268
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➡️
Yeah the independence of the screen to whats being played as a big plus...its a big tape recorder for me sometimes unless its stuff that doesn’t rely on velocity too much.

Ive come to the conclusion that anything away from my studio needs speakers...I dont use cans anywhere...luckily the Yamaha thr range work as an audio device in the akais, and Im keeping one of them around everywhere.
How are you using the Yamaha thr range as an “audio device” with the akais, usb?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8269
Quote:
Originally Posted by rove ➡️
How are you using the Yamaha thr range as an “audio device” with the akais, usb?
not using it at the moment, but its class complient and someone leaked that the Force has support
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8270
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 8 ➡️
if they release a keyboard version before a force mini you can keep on you I'll be pissed... but after that yeah I hope they make a whole slew of keyboard versions for you good people.
I wouldnt be surprised if it was a smaller 6x6 matrix
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8271
Lives for gear
 
Musician's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicethings ➡️
You can create mad, head scratching live sets with the Akai Force, like no other standalone I've seen. It just takes a little forethought and planning. FOH will be pleased, and you'll have control of your mix, always.
Is there some kind of tutorial for creating thèse live sets?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8272
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by optofonik ➡️
I suspect it would/will be received by many as a "keyboard workstation" followed by a lot of critical commentary from people thinking it's supposed to be a Kronos, Montage, or Fantom.
People ask now and then for a new sampler keyboard. Wouldn't this be a step in the right direction though? (Soon to be followed my NI's Komplete Standalone Keyboard )
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8273
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician ➡️
Is there some kind of tutorial for creating thèse live sets?
Yeah, I've done quite a few live set techniques, check my playlists.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8274
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitslave ➡️
People ask now and then for a new sampler keyboard. Wouldn't this be a step in the right direction though? (Soon to be followed my NI's Komplete Standalone Keyboard )
By soon do you mean 4 yrs after akai
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8275
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➡️
not using it at the moment, but its class complient and someone leaked that the Force has support
Wait, really ... bi-directional, so that the THR can act as an audio input for sampling?

(as well as 'make-do' monitors)

Please say 'yes'.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8276
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro One ➡️
How is a sequencer with a keyboard overkill?
You have 64 pads for chords, scales, and french fries. Plus everybody has a midi keyboard. An Akai Force 6 is like chili ketchup.......you don't need it.

Last edited by JohnnyP702; 1 week ago at 09:20 PM..
Old 1 week ago
  #8277
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8278
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitslave ➡️
Wouldn't this be a step in the right direction though?
Oh, I definitely think it would be a step in the right direction for a lot of people but I think it might be too much of a paradigm shift for many "traditional" keyboard workstation shoppers who might unknowingly buy one as such.

I guess it makes sense to expand into the keyboard workstation market but back in the 90s Akai made some digital "Portastudio" type multitrack recorders. In my mind, the next iteration of the Force would keep the overall current form factor and incorporate more aspects of multitrack recording, definitely more RAM, and instead of just a tilt screen, make the entire upper portion tiltable - knobs and all. I know, I digress in my beating of the dead horse.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8279
Whenever I sit my live on a midi keyboard it instantly becomes the best workstation Ive owned, whenever I remove it its an mpc again...maybe it needs a keyboard with big dock...thats the force 6, its a 61 keyboard with a giant dock
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #8280
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallredball ➡️
Wait, really ... bi-directional, so that the THR can act as an audio input for sampling?

(as well as 'make-do' monitors)

Please say 'yes'.
I am not on the Force beta and have no access to this feature
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 54 views: 6285
Avatar for svmn
svmn 20th January 2016
replies: 26369 views: 2356407
Avatar for EnochLight
EnochLight 3 days ago
replies: 104 views: 19229
Avatar for Monotremata
Monotremata 29th December 2019
replies: 7642 views: 666141
Avatar for TheFunkyNerd
TheFunkyNerd 1 day ago
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump