The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Headphone recommendations?
Old 12th February 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing ➡️
my old falling apart AKG 240s?
I have a hard time imagining at which part they would start falling apart first, can you please post a picture of the problem ?
Is it just from long time use, or was it an accident like they fell on hard surface, then you stomped on them and them a steam roller drove over them ?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing ➡️
Hm, that’s a bit out of my range, but maybe the 600s?
I've had some HD650's for 15-20 years maybe, absolutely fantastic headphones.
Old 12th February 2019
Deleted c74c961
$1000 wtf.

i been using the exact same sennheiser HD25s for 18 years now. and they are closer to $100.

had to replace the cable twice though through sheer wear and tear. 18 years though. and they still sound great no rattles etc.

they've fell on hardwood floor literally thousands of times (gotta be) and still truckin'. my mates expensive cans hit the deck once (once!) and snapped lol.
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidizer ➡️
$1000 wtf.

i been using the exact same sennheiser HD25s for 18 years now. and they are closer to $100.

had to replace the cable twice though through sheer wear and tear. 18 years though. and they still sound great no rattles etc.

they've fell on hardwood floor literally thousands of times (gotta be) and still truckin'. my mates expensive cans hit the deck once (once!) and snapped lol.
Yeah, since the beginning of this thread, I adjusted my budget. That said, I’m sure there’s something in those high end models that you won’t get in your $100 models.
Old 12th February 2019
Deleted c74c961
of course, just i would say it is extreme diminishing returns. and i really doubt these high end products will be as hard wearing as something more "honest". though if you got the money to burn... why not.
Old 12th February 2019
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I have DT 770 pro and HD 800s

the DTs are fine for listening, and fine for making music with. They are like a 'club in a can' pounding bass, comfortable for writing tunes on. My mate uses them and stuff translates ok (he's pretty good at that kind of thing in any room though)

I tried out a few different cans - out of all of them I liked the HD800s & audeze LCD-X the best, but the HD800s are better to me. They are SO comfortable, you don't even notice them on.. but leakage is a thing.

someone suggested to get a subpac and at first I was horrified, but tried it out and love it.. headphones + chair with subpac is really good if you like dat bass
📝 Reply