Quantcast
I'm starting a setup for EBM/Industrial - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I'm starting a setup for EBM/Industrial
Old 31st December 2018
Deleted 50a1f22
I'm starting a setup for EBM/Industrial

Hi!
I will buy my first setup very soon after long hesitations. I make EBM/industrial like this; META MOTO 2 | META MOTO

I think I'll buy a Electribe 2 sampler and a Behringer Neutron or an IK Multimedia UNO synth. but I don't know if I need a mixer if I need it wich one do you advise me to buy? a cheap one if possible. And I think a need an external sound card for recording all the setup. Again which external cheap sound card do you advise me to buy?

I want to make vocals too, so I think when I first record the track with the sound card I'll add vocal to it through a DAW like Fl Studio.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot because I don't understand much about hardware, mixing and recording.
Old 31st December 2018
Lives for gear

If trying to save money, look at reverb.com etc. and buy used. Try to get as quality of instruments as you can afford. Same as audio interface (in that order).

I'd look at a used Novation BS2 instead of the Uno. I'd personally get the BS2 and, if that took too much money, I'd save up and add the Neutron after. The Novation Circuit Mono could also be of interest.

Out of curiosity, do you have an iOS device? You could save money using it as a sampler/groovebox if you do (esp. an iPad... use GR16 or iElectribe or one of the sampler apps) - and even to track onto it.

If you do get a sampler, I'd consider recording into IT, and then recording the sampler into your device as that could save money so you just get an audio interface with 2 inputs or something instead of one/pair for each hardware instrument. Just some ideas.
Old 31st December 2018
Deleted 50a1f22
Ok thanks ! I think I'll get the neutron because I i don't have much money for the Novation BS2.

Sorry my English is not very good I difnt understand your last text, so if I have understand I can record with my sampler? And what is IT?
Old 31st December 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melting Cr. ➡️
Ok thanks ! I think I'll get the neutron because I i don't have much money for the Novation BS2.

Sorry my English is not very good I difnt understand your last text, so if I have understand I can record with my sampler? And what is IT?
No worries. Not sure where you're located, but, online, a used BS2 and a used Neutron are about the same price at reverb.com. The Neutron can supposedly make a lot ... weirder... sounds, so that might be a good place to start. The BS2 would be great for great-sounding basslines (of course) and leads, but isn't as flexible. Don't forget to check out used AKAI samplers - especially for drums.

Depending on the sampler, you should be able to record samples into it (sorry about the caps, "IT" mean "it" and not something about other hardware). Then you can get something like a Focusrite 2i2 or maybe Solo to record the sampler (and, later, a mic). Behringer also make some good entry-level audio interfaces. Used used used on the gear from reputable online sellers, or from someone you can go and try out the hardware in person. There's no reason to buy new unless you live somewhere you can't get used gear.

Again, an iOS device + some adapters make for great samplers and a whole lot more than that, only without knobs. Though touch screens can be very fun. In fact, I bet you could do everything you want with a MIDI controller, an iPad, several specific, smart iTunes purchases and a guitar stompbox or two to route audio through for distortion/mangling. Longer-term plan, maybe
Old 31st December 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Fyi, there is an EBM sound set for the Blofeld that sounds good. U can check out samples of it on the Waldorf website, and see whether a Blofeld may interest you.
Old 31st December 2018
Deleted 50a1f22
Thanks, the novation bs2 Is a bit more priced but I'll take a look I'm in Belgium

I see , so I only need an audio interface for record thèses 2 pieces of gear? I see that the Behringer U-PHORIA is really cheap, do you think it's a good choice?

Thanks

I just have the iPhone 5c I'll check if it's available for iPhone too for the ielectribe app
Old 31st December 2018
Deleted d6aae23
Make sure you establish your fundamentals before running out and buying a bunch of gear you might regret spending money on. Basic knowledge of hardware recording, mixing and midi implementation will get you 90% of the way towards your goal.

There are tons of youtube tutorials for setting up a budget studio. If you know what you are doing, you can make great EBM/Industrial with super cheap gear or even free vst plugins. If you don’t know how audio interfaces and mixers work, you’re going to get frustrated when you buy new synths/samples and can’t figure out how to get them to play nice with your DAW.
Old 31st December 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDoll ➡️
Make sure you establish your fundamentals before running out and buying a bunch of gear you might regret spending money on. Basic knowledge of hardware recording, mixing and midi implementation will get you 90% of the way towards your goal.

There are tons of youtube tutorials for setting up a budget studio. If you know what you are doing, you can make great EBM/Industrial with super cheap gear or even free vst plugins. If you don’t know how audio interfaces and mixers work, you’re going to get frustrated when you buy new synths/samples and can’t figure out how to get them to play nice with your DAW.
Very true. Tons can be done for free or on the cheap on a computer. Bedroom Producers Blog - Freeware For Musicians!

And I'm pretty sure you'll need a MIDI-capable keyboard to play the Neutron (one reason I also suggested the BS2 first). If going straight to Neutron, stop at inexpensive MIDI controller first.
Old 1st January 2019
Deleted 50a1f22
Ok thanks, i'll check the basics of a little studio
📝 Reply