Korg Triton EXB MOSS - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korg Triton EXB MOSS
Old 24th July 2018
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Korg Triton EXB MOSS

I just picked up a Korg Triton Pro. Is the MOSS EXB worth getting? For the price they are going for I could pick up another analog or analog modeling synth.
I have the EXB-PCM01 Pianos/Classic Keyboards, what are some other EXB cards good for EDM? Thanks.
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggotspawn ➡️
I just picked up a Korg Triton Pro. Is the MOSS EXB worth getting? For the price they are going for I could pick up another analog or analog modeling synth.
I have the EXB-PCM01 Pianos/Classic Keyboards, what are some other EXB cards good for EDM? Thanks.
The Moss EXB is worth getting if you like juicy fat basses, and really thick and punchy analog leads. It's worth the money people ask for it (that's why they don't really go down in price). I love all the EXB's; ironically the only one I don't have is the EDM/Trance board. Just not my style. But I do use all the orchestral, piano, and keyboard EXB's (I write complete musicals on my Triton and they all come in handy.) Hope this helps with the MOSS.
Old 24th July 2018 | Show parent
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch ➡️
The Moss EXB is worth getting if you like juicy fat basses, and really thick and punchy analog leads. It's worth the money people ask for it (that's why they don't really go down in price). I love all the EXB's; ironically the only one I don't have is the EDM/Trance board. Just not my style. But I do use all the orchestral, piano, and keyboard EXB's (I write complete musicals on my Triton and they all come in handy.) Hope this helps with the MOSS.
Thanks for the reply. I'm tempted, but there are a lot of analog modeling synths in that price range. Also the Behringer Model D is looking very tempting. I still might get the MOSS though.
Old 24th July 2018
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
MOSS is unique, so yes, it's worth getting.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm tempted, but there are a lot of analog modeling synths in that price range. Also the Behringer Model D is looking very tempting. I still might get the MOSS though.
I'm a GS, too, so I think you should get all you can. As Evil Dragon says, it is unique to all the other sounds you can get on the Triton. It is also a 6 voice mono, if that is possible. You can allocate all the voices to one track or use them in any combination on multiple tracks. It is also handy to have it if you are using the Triton sequencer (which I do, heavily).
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch ➡️
I'm a GS, too, so I think you should get all you can. As Evil Dragon says, it is unique to all the other sounds you can get on the Triton. It is also a 6 voice mono, if that is possible. You can allocate all the voices to one track or use them in any combination on multiple tracks. It is also handy to have it if you are using the Triton sequencer (which I do, heavily).
I may have to get one. Also looking at a SCSI EXB card that has a slot for a CF card. I have a question for you. How do you send sounds through insert FX and individual outputs simultaneously? Still new to the Triton, but the architecture is somewhat similar to an N364 I used to have.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I may have to get one. Also looking at a SCSI EXB card that has a slot for a CF card. I have a question for you. How do you send sounds through insert FX and individual outputs simultaneously? Still new to the Triton, but the architecture is somewhat similar to an N364 I used to have.
That's a tough one to describe without the Triton in front of us. I do this for my drums and other parts when recording an accompaniment CD for my publisher but I have the manual in front of me when I do. Below is a link for the manuals. If you don't have a hard copy download the PDFs. If you can't do it let me know and I'll pick up my Triton from my school and try to help you.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/219/
Old 26th July 2018
Gear Addict

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Well, I found an EXB MOSS card on E-bay. Bought it.
The shortage of outputs on the Triton is kind of a drag, but I think I can work around it. Looking forward to getting it installed. Also got the Dance extreme EXB.
My music is electro industrial/EBM, I think these updates will work for what I'm doing.
Old 26th July 2018
Lives for gear

there was one floating around here for cheap,

didnt have anything to put it in so couldnt even test it..
📝 Reply