The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Odyssey
Old 19th October 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthbuilder ➡️
Bought this from Ebay as 'spare or repairs'. The -15V trimmer inside was duff and the voltage was all over the place. Fixed that and replaced a few other cheapy trimmers with nice decent ones. Replaced some leaky ceramic capacitors in the ladder filter as that wasn't working properly either. And I swapped out a few other ceramic capacitors that were in the audio pathway for film ones too.

I then found out the inbuilt effects were actually stereo so I gave it stereo outputs and put a proper wet/dry control pot on the front (instead of a switch that selected only fully dry and 50/50 wet/dry). Some of the effects like flanger, phaser and clipping sound so much better when there is no dry signal present. And delays and reverb sound way better when you can control how much effected signal you hear. I'd have liked to have used a smaller control knob for the new pot but it needed to be that size to cover the rectangular hole from the original slider switch.

Finally I defeated the annoying LFO re-trigger on note on. I never liked that on the original Odyssey either.
Excellent job!!! Any chance you could publish the instructions for this modification?

Thank you!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastropiero ➡️
Any chance you could publish the instructions for this modification?
It actually needs a bit of additional circuitry that has to built onto a little circuit board that is then mounted onto the Odyssey's main board. It's not a trivial job. But it could be. I think I will do a small PCB that people can build, along with the fitting instructions. Watch this space as they say...
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthbuilder ➡️
It actually needs a bit of additional circuitry that has to built onto a little circuit board that is then mounted onto the Odyssey's main board. It's not a trivial job. But it could be. I think I will do a small PCB that people can build, along with the fitting instructions. Watch this space as they say...
It would be very nice of you. There are other threads where several upgrades have been discussed and implemented by users (e.g. check the amazing Prophet-600 thread Prophet 600 users have an upgrade. ).
📝 Reply