The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Odyssey
Old 9th August 2022 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt pinchin ➡️
To prove the above point and if cv out is normalled to cv in, use a cable to connect the out to the in (I think that would work but correct me if I'm wrong)
This is exactly what I did (to simulate mono)
Like I said in my previous post, I have a very blurred memory that I did it in the past and everything was fine.
I transported Odyssey only once in a car in original packaging. It's really unfortunate if this caused some internal "damage" of cv input.

I suppose that there's no other way to fix it without opening Odyssey and doing some "electrician's magic"?
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again ➡️
This is exactly what I did (to simulate mono)
Like I said in my previous post, I have a very blurred memory that I did it in the past and everything was fine.
I transported Odyssey only once in a car in original packaging. It's really unfortunate if this caused some internal "damage" of cv input.

I suppose that there's no other way to fix it without opening Odyssey and doing some "electrician's magic"?
It should still be under the 3-year warranty if you've registered it (first batch came out in August 2019, so just about expiring at the end of the month)
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz ➡️
It should still be under the 3-year warranty if you've registered it (first batch came out in August 2019, so just about expiring at the end of the month)
Nah, I'm not sending it back just for that. I can play it through SQ-64 or simply unplug the cable. I don't like to be separated from Odyssey for too long
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again ➡️
Nah, I'm not sending it back just for that. I can play it through SQ-64 or simply unplug the cable. I don't like to be separated from Odyssey for too long
Oh, I thought it wasn't working when you unplugged. I think it's the expected behaviour that the keyboard won't send any CV if something else is plugged into CV in. You would need a CV mixer for that to work.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanrock ➡️
. The Korg seems to sound a bit more vintage
mine does 100%

in the way that the stupid POS has decided it isn't interested anymore, osc 2 works if it wants, hearing pwm is like winning a euromillions jackpot, creating fm is like getting the new york jackpot, even getting it tuned right is harder by approx 6 magnitudes than on my OG

i f'in loved that synth as well
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➡️
mine does 100%

in the way that the stupid POS has decided it isn't interested anymore, osc 2 works if it wants, hearing pwm is like winning a euromillions jackpot, creating fm is like getting the new york jackpot, even getting it tuned right is harder by approx 6 magnitudes than on my OG

i f'in loved that synth as well
Yeah that's no good. I wonder if these Korg Odyssey's are being repaired?
Old 10th August 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
i have found someone who says he can repair it - it will go down to him at some point as he isn't so far - pretty shi7 though
Old 10th August 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Quote:
i have found someone who says he can repair it - it will go down to him at some point as he isn't so far - pretty shi7 though
You have quite a list of problems with it, could it be crap in the sliders/switches? This used one I got was quite dirty all round. I've hoovered it, that's got a lot of the dust out of the sliders but still needs a disassembly to get it really clean.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You have quite a list of problems with it, could it be crap in the sliders/switches? This used one I got was quite dirty all round. I've hoovered it, that's got a lot of the dust out of the sliders but still needs a disassembly to get it really clean.
i got involved in every switch and fader when it started and i thought i might have some success but the more i chase, the more it seems much deeper rooted - had it cased back up twice since it started as i didn't want to be beat by it

it was in its case for 2years before the issue started which initially made me wonder if there was a link, that said it was 100% for about 3 days so....

some body had mentioned maybe an mcu issue - this is possible, plausible even
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
i got involved in every switch and fader when it started and i thought i might have some success but the more i chase, the more it seems much deeper rooted - had it cased back up twice since it started as i didn't want to be beat by it

it was in its case for 2years before the issue started which initially made me wonder if there was a link, that said it was 100% for about 3 days so....

some body had mentioned maybe an mcu issue - this is possible, plausible even
One thing I've wondered about with these modern recreated monos is if the digital control goes pop, would the external CV and Gate still work okay? If they're not routed through the processor (and the calibration is all on trimmers) then that could be an option, just slap a Kenton box on it.
📝 Reply