Old 3rd May 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz ➡️
This will be my first Dreadbox product.
Mine too i think

edit* got to say i'm quite interested in the medusa too, nice products from dreadbox

Last edited by rasseru; 3rd May 2018 at 05:52 PM..
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Some nifty features on this one - rather pleasant on the eye too.
Old 3rd May 2018
Deleted 60622ed
Ive only said it twice this week so...its a great synth. It has a lovely thick vintage vibe to it. Id have liked the new features but I bought it for its tone above all.
Old 3rd May 2018
Wow....glad I didn't buy the Erebus yet. How is this guy doing this? He’s making some of the most undeniably analog synthesizers around, semi-modular no less, with MIDI and FX, and charging peanuts for them.

This looks like his best UI yet. Somebody...Roland, Korg, Yamaha.....they are going to hire this guy and give him a lot of money.
Deleted 0fc8128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 60622ed ➡️
Ive only said it twice this week so...its a great synth. It has a lovely thick vintage vibe to it. Id have liked the new features but I bought it for its tone above all.
From the video, I felt the Erebus 3 sounds different from the ERebus V2.
Deleted 60622ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 0fc8128 ➡️
From the video, I felt the Erebus 3 sounds different from the ERebus V2.
Well an extra oscillator will do that for you
Old 3rd May 2018
Deleted User
Didn't even know there was a V1 and V2.
But I am old...grab this pebble from my hand grasshopper!
Old 3rd May 2018

🎧 5 years
This is a fantastic upgrade.

It's also good to see that the saturation of the market with monosynths is resulting in quality products at a lot more reasonable prices.

And as a recent owner of the Erebus, I also don't see why anyone would go for the still-available V.2 over this one; collecting purposes or otherwise.
Old 3rd May 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
This will be my second Dreadbox product.
Old 3rd May 2018

🎧 5 years
Was contemplating getting an Erebus for months, glad I hold out.
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
as always with Dreadbox, a rich, thick fundamental sound and then added solid capacity for mayhem - love that third oscillator is like an extra player, for whatever you want - am, fm, filter fm, third vco thickening etc. and love the sound of ring modulator section too. and layout is so beautiful and inviting.

with so much i/o it its much more flexible, and have to admit it became much more interesting to me than previous versions, bcs of increased capability to talk nice with modular gear.

think it will be a gateway drug to modular black hole for many.
Old 3rd May 2018
Gear Guru

🎧 10 years
It sounds pretty great!

(That's not a ring modulator, Tom It's actually more similar to Rotors from Solaris, from what Yannis explained in that video.)
Old 3rd May 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
This does sound quite a bit different from the original Erebus. Which I’m ok with because I really didn’t want to part with my v2 to get this one. Now I can rationalize having both. What a time to be alive.
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Phat with a ph
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
that's nice... I will only add a selected mini list of hardware synths to my Eurorack and this will probably be one of them
Old 3rd May 2018
Deleted User
Hmmm. Better specified with many off the original features yet doesn't sound like the Erebus V2.
Old 3rd May 2018
Deleted 80b9b09
I've got a lot of synths, but being born in the seventies and brought up on that era's music I have to say the Erebus sounds like the seventies synths I grew up with.

It's a fantastic sounding synth. I've got V2.
Old 3rd May 2018

🎧 5 years
I wish it had sync (unless I’m missing it)
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licudi ➡️
Hmmm. Better specified with many off the original features yet doesn't sound like the Erebus V2.
From the video, he’s using different ICs for the oscillators and filter. I wonder if it’s the same envelope. Would be a really nice complement to the original Erebus if it had a little bit snappier envelope.
Old 3rd May 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Dreadbox is awesome.
Old 3rd May 2018
Deleted User
Honestly, to me this is a very different synth than the Erebus v1 and 2. I own v1 and love it, the tone is all kinds of cream and bliss

It's not just the third oscillator, but the subtle changes such as the 3 ring mod and extra cv points. It's looking great
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenOne ➡️
From the video, he’s using different ICs for the oscillators and filter. I wonder if it’s the same envelope. Would be a really nice complement to the original Erebus if it had a little bit snappier envelope.
My understanding is the 'usual' Dreadbox oscillator is one built discretely, with zero IC's involved.....which includes the original Erebus...
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEK8D ➡️
Wow....glad I didn't buy the Erebus yet. How is this guy doing this? He’s making some of the most undeniably analog synthesizers around, semi-modular no less, with MIDI and FX, and charging peanuts for them.

This looks like his best UI yet. Somebody...Roland, Korg, Yamaha.....they are going to hire this guy and give him a lot of money.
Peanuts..??

the Erebus goes for around $800 here in Australia.
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Wow, Dreadbox gets it. This and the Medusa look incredible. Think I will start saving up for this one...
Old 4th May 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I held in there and was about to give up and then after about 8 minutes in he starts some stuff I really liked...

So pleased to hear that sound...

Old 4th May 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 ➡️
My understanding is the 'usual' Dreadbox oscillator is one built discretely, with zero IC's involved.....which includes the original Erebus...
"Using integrated circuits is totally fine - just be discreet about it on synth fora!" - The coalition of synth designer therapists

The new Erebus 3 is tempting!
Old 4th May 2018

🎧 10 years
I really like the sound and feature set of this one does anyone know what wave forms the oscillators have? thanks guys
Old 4th May 2018
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
First oscillator is switchable between saw and square waves. Second oscillator is saw and triangle. Seems like third oscillator is continuously variable. Perhaps it’s the same design as the Abyss?
📝 Reply