Quantcast
Behringer RD808 Analog Drum Machine - Page 326 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer RD808 Analog Drum Machine
Old 3rd December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmurray1 ➡️
Did they offer to do it under the warranty?
No and I did not asked for that either, once you open up your rd-8 the warranty is gone... I'm glad I have the parts that's all I wanted...
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausi ➡️
No instant pattern change yet? Damn

Great to see another update though!
insta patt switch is in discussion BUT if it comes it will be down the road due to things in play

we had a discussion about pattern nudging and microsteps but memory is stopping this so anybody who hoped for that forget it

no massive loss to the rd8 tbh, too many little bits will screw up the flow

rd8 is so far from what it was when it was released
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmurray1 ➡️
Did they offer to do it under the warranty?
ask them if you are not comfortable doing it

when did you buy it?

if longer than 12mth ago did you activate the 3yr?

they may just send you a new unit tbf as less trouble

hit their FB page and do it there, that is their contact channel
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro ➡️
so:

we have a great autosave on or off for those that didn't like it, sorry cant remember your name but now we can choose and jam in safety without fear of rubbing pattern data

and we implemented the proper version of autofill as before

FYI the rd8 will likely sit at this FW now for some time due to other machines, cough, getting attention, but i think we all agree it is 10x the machine it was in the summer for me this is now what i hoped when i bought it sept 19? can't remember when it came out
thanks for all the great info Jamie!

Could you or anyone give us a synopsis of the major improvements of v2 till 2.06?

The biggies, besides the new clock.

Has the Manual been udpated?

I have a 1909 exactly 1 year old, and just sent in a ticket for my rimzilla, noise, and now a wandering overall level issue. Maybe I can deal with them all at once. I use the RD-8 almost every day.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhoh7 ➡️
thanks for all the great info Jamie!

Could you or anyone give us a synopsis of the major improvements of v2 till 2.06?

The biggies, besides the new clock.

Has the Manual been udpated?

I have a 1909 exactly 1 year old, and just sent in a ticket for my rimzilla, noise, and now a wandering overall level issue. Maybe I can deal with them all at once. I use the RD-8 almost every day.
good luck with the fixes, let us know how you get on / their response i am sure myself and maybe other users in this boat will like to know

the manual was updated to 2.04 - the 0.6 rev i am not sure, i would assume so on their site with the new synth too DL ?

as for the list of features, i can't unless i find all release notes and extract what has been removed and what has been put in which could be a disaster for me

there have been a lot that is all i know, maybe 10-12 new features if not more?
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
so:

we have a great autosave on or off for those that didn't like it, sorry cant remember your name but now we can choose and jam in safety without fear of rubbing pattern data

and we implemented the proper version of autofill as before

FYI the rd8 will likely sit at this FW now for some time due to other machines, cough, getting attention, but i think we all agree it is 10x the machine it was in the summer for me this is now what i hoped when i bought it sept 19? can't remember when it came out
Just out of interest, you work for Behringer now?
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle ➡️
😆😂🤣
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle ➡️
no mate

just pushing this and other drum machines forward for us who buy them inc. myself

background: i had been lobbying Uli and his staff on PM since rd8 came out to allow me in due to the user experience/flow that was missing, when they asked for beta testers publicly on Fb and someone posted it here, i jumped in

turns out they respond very well to the way i report and drill down and welcome a straight speaker

i have had to put this to bed in many threads now, hopefully this is the last

ftr and per the GS rules i would say if i worked for them or other manufacturers i have tested for
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
ask them if you are not comfortable doing it

when did you buy it?

if longer than 12mth ago did you activate the 3yr?

they may just send you a new unit tbf as less trouble
I hoped that but not the case. I contacted them a week ago and ask for a new unit (I have the really first "preorder" version with high rim shot, no shield etc) and they don't want to replace old units for new. They ask for videos to send to their technicians (subcontractors) for reparation.
This situation of "not finalized" product and poor customer service reminds me Antelope and their ****ing sound interface. What a shame.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altruit ➡️
I reverted to 1.3.5 and all of my issues were fixed, was pretty excited to use this update but since I drive the RD8 using Eurorack, these are my most needed elements. I really do appreciate the time it takes to make these things possible, and am so thankful for the team and their extensive work making this gear possible for our group... Thank you for seeing the issue and making the team aware. Peace to you guys!

https://www.instagram.com/altruit/
Hey Man, any chance that our issue was resolved in the most recent update? Been following, but haven’t seen my issue discussed. Thanks!
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynth ➡️
I hoped that but not the case. I contacted them a week ago and ask for a new unit (I have the really first "preorder" version with high rim shot, no shield etc) and they don't want to replace old units for new. They ask for videos to send to their technicians (subcontractors) for reparation.
This situation of "not finalized" product and poor customer service reminds me Antelope and their ****ing sound interface. What a shame.
You have done this via F**eB**k page? Or.....

also, mine is very early too, i was there at day dot pretty much, i have no issues with mine - yeah i have zilla like you but i have a volume pot and so i always laughed about that particular thing- the interference i never encountered but if i dod i would be pushing for a fix

make the video if they ask, seems reasonable but what makes you think it is subcontractors? i assumed (maybe incorrectly) it would goto kidderminster behringer service office, send to them and see

they are offering the fix as per klankdroid post which is all any manufacturer would do after so long, i have to have my opinion and i don't buy into the not finished product part though, it is annoying if you encounter it, damn bloody annoying no argument but if you pursue politely via the right channels i reckon they will do the right thing
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altruit ➡️
Hey Man, any chance that our issue was resolved in the most recent update? Been following, but haven’t seen my issue discussed. Thanks!
what issue bud? nothing is listed in the post
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I don't have a facebook account, I contacted them with a musictribe ticket, the normal procedure.

"we need to confirm it is fully there before we can arrange a service repair. This is because if No fault is found on the device there is a charge and we do not wish for you to incur this cost, the video will allow us to see the fault at hand."

I don't want a repair (and 1 month at least without my machine!) I want a good unit, what I have pay for.
Gear Head
Hey @ Jamie munro just wondering if i can pick your brains here.
So just went to do the latest firmware update, all went smooth until near the end when I got an error message, I stupidly didn't read the error message as this happened with the last update too but I just restarted the process and it worked, no such luck this time though.
Now when i power up the rd-8 it has 16 red lights across the step buttons and thats all.
So I start the update process again.
1. Rd-8 powered off then open synthtribe 2.4.3
2. Power up rd-8 (16 red lights showing) then hit "Get started" in synthtribe.
3. Update page appears, hit update it now says "Completed 0%"
4. Power down rd-8 then hold dfu button while powering up the Rd-8 and I get "Update failed! Make sure you have the Zadig driver installed correctly"

I do have the drivers installed but I renistalled them again anyway (many times now) then started the process again only to go round in this loop.

I then thought, ok roll back firmware so I downloaded the 1.3.5 firmware updater, started the process only to get this error message "Update Failed Guru meditation 0x300"

When the unit is powered on it just shows 16 red lights across the step buttons, nothing else.

Any other ideas for me to try m8?
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynth ➡️
I don't have a facebook account, I contacted them with a musictribe ticket, the normal procedure.

"we need to confirm it is fully there before we can arrange a service repair. This is because if No fault is found on the device there is a charge and we do not wish for you to incur this cost, the video will allow us to see the fault at hand."

I don't want a repair (and 1 month at least without my machine!) I want a good unit, what I have pay for.
what they are saying seems fair, annoying to you i know and i appreciate that but still they are covering you off by saying just show us the proof and we will take responsibility of charges - you are out of warranty? if so they seem to be going over and above?

make the video would be an easy way not to incur charges and get a fix/replacement, or make a FB acc: and raise it there, i assure you they want traffic into their FB page so it seems worth a little bit of trouble (to me at least) to activate an acc: if only for this purpose - seems the shielding will not fix your particular issue with the amplitude so you need to return @ some point surely?

if i could help more i would
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboi ➡️
Hey @ Jamie munro just wondering if i can pick your brains here.
So just went to do the latest firmware update, all went smooth until near the end when I got an error message, I stupidly didn't read the error message as this happened with the last update too but I just restarted the process and it worked, no such luck this time though.
Now when i power up the rd-8 it has 16 red lights across the step buttons and thats all.
So I start the update process again.
1. Rd-8 powered off then open synthtribe 2.4.3
2. Power up rd-8 (16 red lights showing) then hit "Get started" in synthtribe.
3. Update page appears, hit update it now says "Completed 0%"
4. Power down rd-8 then hold dfu button while powering up the Rd-8 and I get "Update failed! Make sure you have the Zadig driver installed correctly"

I do have the drivers installed but I renistalled them again anyway (many times now) then started the process again only to go round in this loop.

I then thought, ok roll back firmware so I downloaded the 1.3.5 firmware updater, started the process only to get this error message "Update Failed Guru meditation 0x300"

When the unit is powered on it just shows 16 red lights across the step buttons, nothing else.

Any other ideas for me to try m8?
i could be going mad but i am sure when i had zadiq issues in 2019 it had the guru message, you are windows ?
Gear Head
Quote:
i could be going mad but i am sure when i had zadiq issues in 2019 it had the guru message, you are windows ?
Yeah m8 windows.

Whilst in this 16 red light mode I opened the Zadig app again, listed all devices and it had RD-8 (interface 0) and the option reinstall drivers so I did that and now the rd-8 isn't recognized in synthtribe now doh!

Edit: Recognized again in synthtribe, uninstalled and reinstalled the rd-8 in windows device manager then installed the zadig drivers again, tried updating again but just tells me to make sure i have the zadig drivers installed.
Same situation using the 1.3.5 firmware updater, guru message.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Yeah m8 windows.

Whilst in this 16 red light mode I opened the Zadig app again, listed all devices and it had RD-8 (interface 0) and the option reinstall drivers so I did that and now the rd-8 isn't recognized in synthtribe now doh!

Edit: Recognized again in synthtribe, uninstalled and reinstalled the rd-8 in windows device manager then installed the zadig drivers again, tried updating again but just tells me to make sure i have the zadig drivers installed.
right shall we goto pm as i am a bit confused and this could go forward and back a fair bit so to avoid train wrecking the thread, if we crack it we can post the process here for posterity?
Gear Head
Quote:
right shall we goto pm as i am a bit confused and this could go forward and back a fair bit so to avoid train wrecking the thread, if we crack it we can post the process here for posterity?
Yep no probs, good idea, thanks for your help m8.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yeah m8 windows.

The same mistake with me 😭
Old 4th December 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
guys we have to wait before power cycling in dfu / update mode

i am guilty too

ronR is yours stuck too ? my fix, i forced it in dfu mode and opened synthtool while powering on and off to accept the update

just trying with deeboi on pm, if we get his done we post the process here
Gear Maniac

Is Rimzilla grounds for a unit replacement, do we know?

Again mine is 1909, and has Rimzilla, and a lot of noise on the line. It was also acting weird with volume falling, but since I went to 2.04 and swapped the 1/4" cable volume has been stable.

I don't fancy sending the thing off, because I use it all the time as a metronome. I could live with rimzilla, and install shielding myself, if it helps with noise.

I'm exactly at end of warranty, so I think I need to make up my mind LOL.

Thanks to mods for cleaning this thread, much easier and more pleasant to use now.
Here for the gear

Quote:
hi there

ok i can see your issue and exists on ext: sync, tbh i did not know we had this in 1.35, i will request a change of this

the team i am working with are in china, i will update when they get back to me
24th October 2020
Issues with Clock in Sync
Here are the issues I am facing:

We can no longer change time divisions while the RD8 is playing - must stop the unit, then choose 1/8 1/16 etc then restart the sequence - on the last firmware we could change it while unit was running to get interesting breakdowns and changeups...

I did get it to change time div. but only on internal sync mode. I have been using it with external clock, which does not change division as it once did... also midi sync in does not work either to change time div.

Also - Probability will not react to my 0-100 changes while in sync clock mode - which is also important to use for unique variation while performing the RD-8 with our modular gear.

Any ideas? Are we doing something incorrectly? Thanks for what seems to be a great update and for all the hard work. Please advise. Thanks.

... This was what I was asking about, thanks!
Old 4th December 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
RZ isn't going to get you a replacement no i don't think, it has a volume pot after all

the shielding can be requested from behringer via their support on fa**book if you provide them with the serial and description of issues etc, that or the tribe ticket system but to me the Fb synths and drums page route seems more direct
@ Klankdroid did you do via ticket?

the volume business, well if mine was doing it i am claiming warranty if i can
Old 4th December 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
@ Altruit i remember, i don't see it in the update file - what version you at now?

i will find out if i can what is the reason
Lives for gear

Quote:
RZ isn't going to get you a replacement no i don't think, it has a volume pot after all

the shielding can be requested from behringer via their support on fa**book if you provide them with the serial and description of issues etc, that or the tribe ticket system but to me the Fb synths and drums page route seems more direct
@ Klankdroid did you do via ticket?

the volume business, well if mine was doing it i am claiming warranty if i can
I mentioned it on the fb page and was redirected to the musictribe site by someone from Behringer... All went very smoothly... as extra info the support is done by Behringer Manchester thats where all the parts were send to me...
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Me too I’m afraid - started process on iPad - then MacBook, then pc - help
Gear Head
Messed update

So there's a few of us in this boat just now after messing up our updates, whats now happening when you turn your RD-8 on?

Mines shows the 16 step lights lit red, no other buttons are lit and the screen is blank.

Edit: even when i try to update i get an error message saying "Update Failed! Make sure you have the Zadig driver installed correctly" even though i just installed them seconds before updating lol.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
16 step lights for me too and blank screen
Here for the gear

Quote:
@ Altruit i remember, i don't see it in the update file - what version you at now?

i will find out if i can what is the reason
Been on 1.3.5 - have had no problems with the machine just have not wanted to try to update until I knew it was sorted out. Thanks!
📝 Reply