The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A synth like OB-6 that's not as expensive as OB-6?
Old 4th September 2020 | Show parent
  #151
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease Factory ➡️
Yeah these behringer monos drift right and snap right. If their ubxa is anythng like these. Whoa. Still i hope the ubxa is a wild beast unlike the steril dsi stuff.

Sadly, the obxa v is drifty like an analog. It sounds nifty not queit vintage but more close than most modern analogs.

What i really dislike is all emulations of the jupiter 8 including diva. Non of them even sound close. I hope that arturia go back and redo the jup the way they did the obxa, the obxa v is a processor hog and it sounds good.



Listen to the raw tone of it..

Df
And yet, after 30 tears, You don't own one. WTF?
I mean I got all my favorites, what is wrong with you?

I got on all the rock radio stations in the country with just an Emax II and an ADAT...

Old 4th September 2020 | Show parent
  #152
Lives for gear
 
sds1fs1r's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease Factory ➡️
Yeah these behringer monos drift right and snap right. If their ubxa is anythng like these. Whoa. Still i hope the ubxa is a wild beast unlike the steril dsi stuff.

Sadly, the obxa v is drifty like an analog. It sounds nifty not queit vintage but more close than most modern analogs.

What i really dislike is all emulations of the jupiter 8 including diva. Non of them even sound close. I hope that arturia go back and redo the jup the way they did the obxa, the obxa v is a processor hog and it sounds good.



Listen to the raw tone of it..

Df
Evolver is not sterile.
Old 29th April 2021
  #153
Lives for gear
 
kurzweil's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
If you're prepared to wait another 12 months (I know.. LOL)..
you could get 4x Behringer SEM 2-voice modules for £1200 with spare change for a MIDI controller. Instant Oberheim 8-voice
Old 29th April 2021 | Show parent
  #154
Lives for gear
 
daviddever's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
If you're prepared to wait another 12 months (I know.. LOL)..
you could get 4x Behringer SEM 2-voice modules for £1200 with spare change for a MIDI controller. Instant Oberheim 8-voice
At this point, if it's not in stock, it doesn't exist.
Old 30th April 2021 | Show parent
  #155
Lives for gear
 
kurzweil's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever ➡️
At this point, if it's not in stock, it doesn't exist.
Yes, it was a joke. Never mind..
Old 30th April 2021 | Show parent
  #156
Lives for gear
 
daviddever's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
Yes, it was a joke. Never mind..
I wasn't picking on you specifically; thing is–in the Americas, even before the pandemic, lead times for Music Tribe products were incredibly unpredictable from a consumer's perspective.

The situation may be quite different in Europe.

It's even more frustrating now: try putting together a Eurorack setup using a complete family of low-cost modules (ARP 2500, Roland System-100, or Moog 900 Series inspired flavors). YOU CAN'T, as there's no consistent stock in the Americas.

That money, instead, will go to US (or Canadian) manufacturers (such as Sequential or Moog Music) who can capably answer questions about stock (e.g., your dealer has some / coming really soon / ehh, forget about it).
Old 30th April 2021
  #157
Lives for gear
 
cr73645's Avatar
 
8 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Late to the party, but would suggest three alternatives to the OB6:
- Lead A1 with an EQ +4dB around 70Hz
- Wave 2 with internal EQ
- Accept that RePro for $150 is a great option

I just recently had some experience with modern Nord synths, and besides the keybed quality, I enjoy them a lot (that for the A1 and 4/Lead series).

RePro on the other hand, as many mentioned, is an amazing synth. Diva might also be a good option with all the different filter and oscillator settings.
Old 30th April 2021 | Show parent
  #158
Lives for gear
 
daviddever's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr73645 ➡️
Late to the party, but would suggest three alternatives to the OB6:
- Lead A1 with an EQ +4dB around 70Hz
- Wave 2 with internal EQ
- Accept that RePro for $150 is a great option

I just recently had some experience with modern Nord synths, and besides the keybed quality, I enjoy them a lot (that for the A1 and 4/Lead series).

RePro on the other hand, as many mentioned, is an amazing synth. Diva might also be a good option with all the different filter and oscillator settings.
In Europe, perhaps - over here, the Nord Wave 2 is comparably priced if not slightly more expensive. Point taken, however.
Old 30th April 2021 | Show parent
  #159
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmodel ➡️
Oh didn't know it was coming. Well that could be the ticket then.
Three years later...
Old 30th April 2021 | Show parent
  #160
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr73645 ➡️
- Accept that RePro for $150 is a great option
For emulating a modern SEM based synth?

Quote:
RePro on the other hand, as many mentioned, is an amazing synth. Diva might also be a good option with all the different filter and oscillator settings.
RePro’s awesome, no doubt. Everyone who uses software should own it, however, Oberheimesque, it ain’t. Diva is a better option, though the modeling quality isn’t quite as good. I’d suggest...

bx_oberhausen: probably the closest you’ll get to a OB-6.

Obsession: A really nice OB-Xa emulation.

OB-Xa V: another really nice OB-Xa emulation, but with more tricks up it’s sleeve.

OP-X Pro II: An OB-X emulation. Older, but it still sounds really good to me. My only issue is they never really update it and it could definitely use a UI overhaul.
Old 6th May 2021 | Show parent
  #161
Lives for gear
 
kurzweil's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing ➡️
For emulating a modern SEM based synth?



RePro’s awesome, no doubt. Everyone who uses software should own it, however, Oberheimesque, it ain’t. Diva is a better option, though the modeling quality isn’t quite as good. I’d suggest...

bx_oberhausen: probably the closest you’ll get to a OB-6.

Obsession: A really nice OB-Xa emulation.

OB-Xa V: another really nice OB-Xa emulation, but with more tricks up it’s sleeve.

OP-X Pro II: An OB-X emulation. Older, but it still sounds really good to me. My only issue is they never really update it and it could definitely use a UI overhaul.
There's also Arturia SEM which can work polyphonically.

Also (Mac-only, unfortunately) the G-force OB-E.
Old 6th May 2021 | Show parent
  #162
Gear Guru
 
zerocrossing's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurzweil ➡️
There's also Arturia SEM which can work polyphonically.

Also (Mac-only, unfortunately) the G-force OB-E.
Yeah, I know about those, but the Arturia needs a bit of updating to hit the level of current emulations, and I’m angry at GForce for excluding Windows users.
Old 6th May 2021
  #163
Massive x filters, also matrix 12 from arturia gets me some of the pads i was getting out of the ob6.

DF
Old 20th July 2021 | Show parent
  #164
Gear Head
 
Synth61's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstino ➡️
Sorry. I have an Ob6 and spent quite some time with the prologue and besides them being both synths I didn’t find their sound at all alike. The Ob6 was pricey but in my humble opinion the lick. It actually cost me more trying other synths first to save money. Should just buy what u want in the first place
This is so true.

'It actually cost me more trying other synths first to save money'
Old 20th July 2021 | Show parent
  #165
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth61 ➡️
This is so true.

'It actually cost me more trying other synths first to save money'
I agree.
Old 20th July 2021 | Show parent
  #166
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Or this one?

Old 21st July 2021 | Show parent
  #167
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonDonsen ➡️
Or this one?

Silly
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 836 views: 183372
Avatar for souljahh
souljahh 1st February 2022
replies: 518 views: 46868
Avatar for audslu
audslu 28th December 2015
replies: 13692 views: 1619450
Avatar for daviddever
daviddever 4 minutes ago
replies: 96 views: 12330
Avatar for Vectorman
Vectorman 11th July 2021
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump