The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Pro 1
Old 11th October 2022 | Show parent
  #4861
Lives for gear
 
breakmixer's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Noise ➡️
Hey, thanks!
No, i don't have an Alpha Base. The Drums are also made with the Pro 1.
For this track i didn't use any sequencer. The majority was played and recorded via midi in Logic Pro (some parts are written with the mouse though). Then i've recorded the audio tracks and arranged them.
Cool, just wondered as I do it only playing in midi to the DAW and was surprised that Anthony Rother does it similar and doesn't really use a sequencer, I thought it was cheating not to use a sequencer for modern electro in a way lol. I've only just reset my studio in its new home, done to 3 x monos - TT-303, Pro-1 and MS-101. The Pro-1 is my fave...I don't care that its a clone
Old 11th October 2022 | Show parent
  #4862
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmixer ➡️
I thought it was cheating not to use a sequencer for modern electro in a way lol.
Haha, i see where you're coming from. But then why limit yourself to less functionality and comfort? Although a sequencer is a great addition when it comes to modulating the Pro-1 via it's cv inputs and also for coming up with ideas.
Old 11th October 2022 | Show parent
  #4863
Lives for gear
 
breakmixer's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Noise ➡️
Haha, i see where you're coming from. But then why limit yourself to less functionality and comfort? Although a sequencer is a great addition when it comes to modulating the Pro-1 via it's cv inputs and also for coming up with ideas.
Yes, something I never got into, maybe one day in the future
Old 15th October 2022
  #4864
Gear Maniac
 
MadSlut's Avatar
 
Hi guys, new Pro-1 owner here , a bit disappointed though.
Noise source is not working for me, I used the noise level trimmer to increase the level and I all I could get was a faint noise level.
Obviously noise circuit is working but there is not enough level. Does anybody know what transistor did Behringer use for the noise circuit ? I guess I got a transistor that is out of spec.
I thought that the sequencer should lock to incoming midi clock but thats not happening, but I guess it is normal.
What bothers me about the sequencer is that i can not change the speed, by using Lfo rate it should control the sequencers speed but that is not happening either. Is this normal ? Patching lfo out to clock in doesnt work too.
I am on the latest firmware, thanks.
Old 15th October 2022 | Show parent
  #4865
Gear Addict
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSlut ➡️
Hi guys, new Pro-1 owner here , a bit disappointed though.
Noise source is not working for me, I used the noise level trimmer to increase the level and I all I could get was a faint noise level.
Obviously noise circuit is working but there is not enough level. Does anybody know what transistor did Behringer use for the noise circuit ? I guess I got a transistor that is out of spec.
I thought that the sequencer should lock to incoming midi clock but thats not happening, but I guess it is normal.
What bothers me about the sequencer is that i can not change the speed, by using Lfo rate it should control the sequencers speed but that is not happening either. Is this normal ? Patching lfo out to clock in doesnt work too.
I am on the latest firmware, thanks.
THe noise level on mine is not very high but it is workable. I don't remember how it was on the og but it is higher on my other synths.
The lfo rate should knob should change the sequenser speed if nothing is plugged in into the gate/clk socket.
Old 15th October 2022
  #4866
Gear Maniac
 
MadSlut's Avatar
 
thank you drglas, it looks like that I got a dud.
Old 24th October 2022
  #4867
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
These are now being sold used for under 200 € ... im really thinking about jumping onto one :D
Old 25th October 2022 | Show parent
  #4868
Lives for gear
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee ➡️
These are now being sold used for under 200 € ... im really thinking about jumping onto one :D
I like mine!

If you aren't in a hurry, keep watching retailer websites for sales over the next few months. Sometimes the sales only last a day, but the savings are substantial. That's what happened last year... But who knows what this year will be like?
Old 25th October 2022 | Show parent
  #4869
Lives for gear
 
bftucker's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
In the US, Sweetwater had very nice sales on Black Friday if you can wait a month or so..
Old 10th November 2022 | Show parent
  #4870
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano ➡️
I like mine!

If you aren't in a hurry, keep watching retailer websites for sales over the next few months. Sometimes the sales only last a day, but the savings are substantial. That's what happened last year... But who knows what this year will be like?
maybe its all over.
discontinued... according to Bax.
https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/synthesiz...ue-synthesizer
I notice Andertons have only got 1 more in stock, too.
Old 11th November 2022 | Show parent
  #4871
Lives for gear
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooban gehayho ➡️
maybe its all over.
discontinued... according to Bax.
https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/synthesiz...ue-synthesizer
I notice Andertons have only got 1 more in stock, too.
Sweetwater (in the USA) has stock, with no mention of it being discontinued.

I have heard that Behringer have been reducing the number of dealers, so when Bax says "Discontinued, this product can no longer be ordered" they might be referring to their own situation. Amazon still has new units available in the UK, though I'm not sure you are there. Thomann also shows it in stock: https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_pro_1.htm
Old 11th November 2022 | Show parent
  #4872
Gear Head
 
Elvis Plissken's Avatar
If they can’t produce this backlog of new synths that they’ve teased for the last couple of years because of chip shortages or whatever…maybe it’s also difficult to produce this or stuff the D, Cat, Neutron…

But yeah they seem to be available on Amazon, Sweetwater and places like that.

Makes you wonder if it’s time grab while you can though. (I base this on my own knee jerk reactions) I own one but it would be kind of sad to think that I can’t replace it if something happens to it. I will always want a Bro1 mixed in with my gear.
Old 11th November 2022 | Show parent
  #4873
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Plissken ➡️
If they can’t produce this backlog of new synths that they’ve teased for the last couple of years because of chip shortages or whatever…maybe it’s also difficult to produce this or stuff the D, Cat, Neutron…
This was my thought too. And the chips you can buy are 2x as expensive as they were a few years ago, so the BOM price goes up. So if you can source a microcontroller, do you use it to build your cheapie synth or one that's more flagship (assuming the same part is used there)?
Old 11th November 2022 | Show parent
  #4874
Lives for gear
 
MonoTron's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis Plissken ➡️
Makes you wonder if it’s time grab while you can though. (I base this on my own knee jerk reactions) I own one but it would be kind of sad to think that I can’t replace it if something happens to it. I will always want a Bro1 mixed in with my gear.
I did just that, exactly one year ago. Grabbed the Pro 1 for 199 at black Friday '21.
Expected a price increase which happened and now the shops sell with 20-40% discount for >200
Old 11th November 2022 | Show parent
  #4875
Gear Maniac
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooban gehayho ➡️
maybe its all over.
discontinued... according to Bax.
https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/synthesiz...ue-synthesizer
I notice Andertons have only got 1 more in stock, too.
This was addressed on the behringer synths facebook pages. Its not discontinued
Old 20th November 2022
  #4876
Gear Nut
 
dnigrin's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Late to this thread, and searching it came up empty. When you rackmount the Pro-1, do you need an extra space above it to allow for connections in the back? I was thinking I might need some right angle connectors for power and audio output, but wasn't sure if that was sufficient to allow for just using 3U spaces and not 4.

Separately - is anyone aware of a mod to bring the MIDI Input jack to the back panel rather than (or in addition to) the front?
Old 20th November 2022 | Show parent
  #4877
Lives for gear
 
howardcano's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnigrin ➡️
Late to this thread, and searching it came up empty. When you rackmount the Pro-1, do you need an extra space above it to allow for connections in the back? I was thinking I might need some right angle connectors for power and audio output, but wasn't sure if that was sufficient to allow for just using 3U spaces and not 4.

Separately - is anyone aware of a mod to bring the MIDI Input jack to the back panel rather than (or in addition to) the front?
Using another Behringer clone above the Pro-1 would leave room to access the jacks on the lower unit, but anything deeper above the Pro-1 would need an extra space. It's really tight, even using a low-profile right-angle connector.

It would be a relatively simple matter to drill/ream holes in the bottom of the Pro-1 to add a second output or MIDI input, and wire these in parallel with the existing connections. Just remember to plug into only one of the MIDI inputs at a time. You'll probably want to isolate the sleeve of the audio out from the case. Of course, this would void any warranty.
Old 20th November 2022 | Show parent
  #4878
Gear Nut
 
dnigrin's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Thanks - that sucks re: it being tight even with right angle connectors (I'm waiting for my rack ears to arrive so just planning ahead).

And yeah, may consider doing some of those mods as you suggest, as my rack space is at a premium right now...

Again, if anyone's done something like this already, would love to hear about how it went, photos, tips, etc...

Thx!
Dan
Old 17th December 2022 | Show parent
  #4879
Gear Nut
 
dnigrin's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Just following up in case of interest to others - I added a MIDI jack to the bottom, and wired in parallel with the front panel MIDI In jack, all as @ howardcano suggested, and it works great! No more MIDI cable going to the front of my rack!

https://flic.kr/p/2o6oJsL
https://flic.kr/p/2o6oJrZ
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #4880
Here for the gear
 
filter pot calibration problem

Hi, I have a problem with my Behringer Pro 1, I doubt it's normal.
When cutoff is fully closed (all mods are off, env and keyboard amount at 0) I still hear some sound (some bass around 100 and above).
It seems like it wasn't well calibrated because on the opposite side, when I open it, it doesn't change anything above 7/8.
I've opened the synth but haven't seen any trimmer for the filter.
Is there a way to calibrate the pot/filter?
Some help would be appreciated !
Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #4881
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➡️
Hi, I have a problem with my Behringer Pro 1, I doubt it's normal.
When cutoff is fully closed (all mods are off, env and keyboard amount at 0) I still hear some sound (some bass around 100 and above).
It seems like it wasn't well calibrated because on the opposite side, when I open it, it doesn't change anything above 7/8.
I've opened the synth but haven't seen any trimmer for the filter.
Is there a way to calibrate the pot/filter?
Some help would be appreciated !
Thanks
I think this could be normal, the lowest frequency is around 50hz according to this review (in german) and the reviewer claims that it's the same for the Sequential.

https://www.amazona.de/test-behringe...circuits-klon/
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #4882
Here for the gear
 
Thanks a lot for your answer !
Yea I guess it's normal then.
Glad my unit is not faulty.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #4883
Lives for gear
 
marcedwards's Avatar
I assume that matches the original Pro-One?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
  #4884
Here for the gear
 
It seems so, the reviewer mentions that it's the same for the Pro 1 from Sequential.
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1545 views: 221460
Avatar for ws9848
ws9848 1 week ago
replies: 68 views: 13336
Avatar for Slipperman
Slipperman 17th December 2010
replies: 220 views: 64601
Avatar for bgood
bgood 17th December 2016
replies: 14916 views: 1797449
Avatar for nesmeured
nesmeured 18 hours ago
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump