Incredible Synth Performances
Old 12th December 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Mannheim Steamroller - Hallelujah

Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How about a little old fashioned Christmas cheese.

Christmas 198X: Synthwave Mix with 80's Christmas Commercials

Old 13th December 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Speaking of Christmas synth stuff, Rush Coil put this out a few years ago and it quickly became one of my all time favorite Holiday spins...
https://www.amazon.com/8-Bit-Christm.../dp/B003HIH8RA

Old 13th December 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Nice EP, sad it was all they ever released...except for a Depeche Mode cover.

Ok the channel that had the other 2 tracks from the EP uploaded to Youtube got deleted.....Ill use a burner account tonight and upload the other 2 to youtube. In the meantime, enjoy these 2 and the DM cover.

Sol Niger - Dark Light | Releases, Reviews, Credits | Discogs

Old 14th December 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

She is very good.

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Synthesized Christmas - Little Drummer Boy

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
George Frideric Handel's Sarabande on the Sequential Prophet X

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
An example of their heavy use of the Roland Jupiter 4.

The Human League - Being Boiled - 1978

Last edited by Mr Knoch; 14th December 2018 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: problem with playback
Gear Maniac

Love this intro so much. Massive Attack has their own way of grooving. They do things that are unexpected, they always groove and it's always interesting.

Lives for gear

Sorry, I couldn't upload those 2 last night because I didn't get home until around 1:30 am.

Ill upload them tonight, until then....here are two other random tracks (well one is a full ost ;])

Old 15th December 2018 | Show parent
Deleted 053a230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson ➑️
Sorry, I couldn't upload those 2 last night because I didn't get home until around 1:30 am.

Ill upload them tonight, until then....here are two other random tracks (well one is a full ost ;])

ALL - the Christmas music is great, the synth music as always. Somebodyperson, great post as well whoever you are.

I'm just happy to be alive at this time. 2018, for the x-mas holiday music season.

Lives for gear

The other two, as promised.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Deck The Halls - Mannheim Steamroller

Lives for gear

Winter

Here are some dark, cold winter tracks. A good contrast to the typical vibe of this time of year.

Old 16th December 2018 | Show parent
Deleted 053a230
Last week I woke up early on Saturday morning and hit the trails at 7:15. Brought a water bottle with 1/2 lemon, salt, and honey and kept running for hours. I didnt know how long and it didnt matter. I had my music mix tape and this song was on it.

I found myself singing this song at the top of my lungs while I was running and didnt care. It was the hit of the music tape. Came back and it was 10:15 and shocked that I went for 3 hours and 13-14 miles. That's the power of music, positive music - synth and I ran again today. Still need to record down more music to tape (Thanks ALL!!!) but there is a reason for all this crap in the universe that we experience (that makes us want to go to sleep and not wake up and face tomorrow). We are here to Live it up and Survive!!!! Even Christmas season!!!! Find a reason to live and go ahead and Live! That's what I say!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by geob ➑️
Last week I woke up early on Saturday morning and hit the trails at 7:15. Brought a water bottle with 1/2 lemon, salt, and honey and kept running for hours. I didnt know how long and it didnt matter. I had my music mix tape and this song was on it.

I found myself singing this song at the top of my lungs while I was running and didnt care. It was the hit of the music tape. Came back and it was 10:15 and shocked that I went for 3 hours and 13-14 miles. That's the power of music, positive music - synth and I ran again today. Still need to record down more music to tape (Thanks ALL!!!) but there is a reason for all this crap in the universe that we experience (that makes us want to go to sleep and not wake up and face tomorrow). We are here to Live it up and Survive!!!! Even Christmas season!!!! Find a reason to live and go ahead and Live! That's what I say!
It's hard when the main reason we live for does not want to herself.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by geob ➑️

Cool track and great story to go with it. It reminds me of two of the quotes
from one of my favorite Christmas movies.
Lives for gear

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Merry Synth Christmas - 2011

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Some serious stereo widening going on there, sounds like the speakers are about 10 feet apart on my system but they are about 3 feet. Cool stuff.
Old 17th December 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
In honor of our own @ kcearl becoming a "Gear Guru" I thought I'd post one of his cool pieces here. Congrats, sir.

Old 17th December 2018
Deleted 60622ed
I dont think my two finger synth performances belong in this thread but thanks Mr Knoch...since becoming a gear guru I know have access to Gearslutz super secret archives and my knowledge of gear that has now upped to the realms of synths costing between $300-$500!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 60622ed ➑️
I dont think my two finger synth performances belong in this thread but thanks Mr Knoch...since becoming a gear guru I know have access to Gearslutz super secret archives and my knowledge of gear that has now upped to the realms of synths costing between $300-$500!
If you have one you like better I'll be happy to replace it. You always make me smile.
Deleted 60622ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch ➑️
If you have one you like better I'll be happy to replace it. You always make me smile.
No its ok bro, i hate them all
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch ➑️
In honor of our own @ kcearl becoming a "Gear Guru" I thought I'd post one of his cool pieces here. Congrats, sir.

Such community spirit Mr Knoch...
Deleted 60622ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern ➑️
Such community spirit Mr Knoch...
Hes a good man
Old 18th December 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I love listening to the same tracks, the PC version vs the Nintendo 64 version. It is amazing how different but the same they are....and just as good. Sound design had to cut corners for the Nintendo 64 versions to get it all to fit.

N64 version

YouTube

And the PC version

The same thing goes for comparing the Sega Dreamcast version soundtrack to the Nintendo 64, here is an example

Nintendo 64
YouTube

Sega Dreamcast

YouTube
Deleted 053a230
Quote:
I love listening to the same tracks, the PC version vs the Nintendo 64 version. It is amazing how different but the same they are....and just as good. Sound design had to cut corners for the Nintendo 64 versions to get it all to fit.

N64 version

And the PC version

The same thing goes for comparing the Sega Dreamcast version soundtrack to the Nintendo 64, here is an example

Nintendo 64

Sega Dreamcast
Sega Dreamcast bring on the BASS!!!

N64 version sounds fairly muddy and PC version slobbers all over it, sorry!

This is all fantastic, it's just that some things are better than others

I like Soundcloud better than YouTube
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
For Mr. Knoch

maybe I'm on a repeat loop these days, but this one in the winter is usually very ...very...

but, when the texture comes in at 2:06...

Attached Thumbnails
Incredible Synth Performances-monet.jpg  

Last edited by Denny McNerney; 18th December 2018 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: zombo.com
πŸ“ Reply