The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Incredible Synth Performances
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags ➑️
NEON.FM - 24/7 Synthwave Live Retro Radio

It seems like the other youtube livestream Synthwave channel I posted a few weeks back has gone down. I have found this new one and it is also quite good. Maybe even a bit better than the other one as they seem to be a bit mellower in their song selection.

Just nice to play in the background when doing other things. Hope you guys like it!

Exactly what I didi this morning while checking out the feeds. Thanks!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Electron Odyssey - Your Future Awaits (Full Album) [Synthwave / Retrowave] - 2021

Just released by @ warg . Some really good stuff!

synthwave production

Last edited by jags; 2 days ago at 09:41 AM..
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Adam Johnstone's Halloween Synth Jam 2017

Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Firechild Friday!

Firechild - Mighty Jupiter

Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
GUNSHIP - Dark All Day Feat. Tim Cappello (Instrumental) - 2020

This one just played on the NEON.FM - 24/7 Synthwave Live Retro Radio Youtube Livestream. Liked it a lot!!
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru ➑️
What a synth! Very nice.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
GUNSHIP - Dark All Day Feat. Tim Cappello (Instrumental) - 2020

This one just played on the NEON.FM - 24/7 Synthwave Live Retro Radio Youtube Livestream. Liked it a lot!!
Like this cool meeting of Jazz and Synthwave. I'm with you; great track!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I realize his video was intended to be a demo video. But I posted it because (in my humble opinion) the man is a brilliant musician and composes these great short pieces at the drop of a hat. Add to this the unparalleled abilities of the Hydrasynth and you have some incredible synth performances by the one fellow.

0:00 Intro Jam
0:42 Premise
1:29 Demo 1: Scario
3:14 Demo 2: Gleam
5:15 Demo 3: Glade Punner
7:08 Demo 4: Innie-Outie
8:40 Demo 5: Hey Mate
10:42 Opinion and Summary
12:09 Outro Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Knoch ➑️
I realize his video was intended to be a demo video. But I posted it because (in my humble opinion) the man is a brilliant musician and composes these great short pieces at the drop of a hat. Add to this the unparalleled abilities of the Hydrasynth and you have some incredible synth performances by the one fellow.

0:00 Intro Jam
0:42 Premise
1:29 Demo 1: Scario
3:14 Demo 2: Gleam
5:15 Demo 3: Glade Punner
7:08 Demo 4: Innie-Outie
8:40 Demo 5: Hey Mate
10:42 Opinion and Summary
12:09 Outro Jam

I watched this one last night, Alex jams really well with it. Kool sounds too.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:

Interesting, as I have been researching the Hydrasynth, Modwave, and Argon8 this past week.

Yes he is quite talented in his compositions and programming skills. But I'm not really liking what he is doing with the Hydrasynth. Everything is too "modern" sounding in his demo for what I'm looking for. I'd like to hear more "classic" wavetable type synth sounds like you would get from the classic PPG Wave.

I've decided to go with the Argon8 as I feel it has a more classic and organic sound.

Not really a synth but it's a very nice performance.

Old 23 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Interesting, as I have been researching the Hydrasynth, Modwave, and Argon8 this past week.

Yes he is quite talented in his compositions and programming skills. But I'm not really liking what he is doing with the Hydrasynth. Everything is too "modern" sounding in his demo for what I'm looking for. I'd like to hear more "classic" wavetable type synth sounds like you would get from the classic PPG Wave.

I've decided to go with the Argon8 as I feel it has a more classic and organic sound.

You will have to let us know how you like the Argon. I am interested in the 6 octave Hydrasynth because of the performance controls and the Poly AT. I'm not sure I will be able to get it if Sequential actually does an ObX.
Old 22 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
You will have to let us know how you like the Argon. I am interested in the 6 octave Hydrasynth because of the performance controls and the Poly AT. I'm not sure I will be able to get it if Sequential actually does an ObX.
I'll let you know how the Argon8 works out. It should be here on Monday. The Hydrasynth really looks great too, but at twice the price it was a bit too much. I also prefer the 3 octave keyboard of the Argon8 as it fits in better in my space. Plus since I use the Squarp Pyramid to sequence everything, a lot of what the Hydrasynth can do with MPE wouldn't be able to be recorded with the sequencer anyways. The Argon8 keeps things a lot simpler!

Last edited by jags; 15 hours ago at 10:46 AM..
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Since we have been talking about wavetable synths, I thought I'd share a few videos I have found regarding the performance of the Argon8!

And this video highlights the type of sounds that I want to be using for my Synthwave creations. Very different than what you usually hear wavetable synths creating:

Old 13 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Since we have been talking about wavetable synths, I thought I'd share a few videos I have found regarding the performance of the Argon8!

And this video highlights the type of sounds that I want to be using for my Synthwave creations. Very different than what you usually hear wavetable synths creating:

Very cool. Yeah, keep us informed on yours. Drop us some music when you make it, too. It looks like a fantastic synth!
πŸ“ Reply